CBS Statement Regarding 'The Reagans'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimnyc, Nov 5, 2003.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder
    Alec Baldwin
    Robert Altman
    Pierre Salinger
    Barbra Streisand
    Lynn Redgrave
    Cher

Doesn't anyone honor their word anymore? Buy 'em tickets and ship their sorry lying asses out of the country! Thats one of the sorriest lists of people I've ever seen.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/leave.htm

Honorable mention to Sarandon and Robbins. I haven't heard of either vowing to uproot themselves and leave the country, but I say they get a one way plane ticket as well. What does baseball and the hall of fame have to do with actors voicing their political views?

2. X.P. Alidocious

X.P. Alidocious Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hear, hear!
    :cof: *drinks a toast to their safe travel!*

3. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well, if she and her followers can't see the hypocrisy of quoting the first amendment in a paragraph right below where she criticized those opposed to the Regan movie than she needs her head examined.

Secondly, censorship by one's self, according to one's beliefs, is - if nothing else- completely commonplace and legal. The government nor anyone affiliated with the government stopped the airing.

Lastly, did anyone go to the link notice that when you close the web page that pops up you are left with a little window asking you to buy an album, cd, dvd, etc? Hate to say it but speech whose aim is to sell things isn't free: it's advertising.