CBS Radio News "Now at least Federal authorities might be able to punish the filmmake

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
CBS Radio News "Now at least Federal authorities might be able to punish the filmmaker"... "

Short CBS newscast at noon (ET) Friday on the filmmaker taken into custody on probation violations. I was taken aback by Raviv say, and I checked the broadcast posted at the URL to make sure I had heard right.

Asterisks indicate spoken emphasis in the broadcast:

ANCHOR (Steve Kathan) "The man behind the anti-Islam video that sparked outrage in the Muslim world is still in jail in Los Angeles for a probation violation.

RAVIV "I'm Dan Raviv in Washington. The short movie posted on YouTube has had a lot of diplomatic impact. It was *clearly* designed to insult the Prophet Mohammed, and a senior Obama administration official told CBS News last week that no one in the Middle East seems to believe that the US government could not stop the film from getting out. Now at least Federal authorities might be able to *punish* the filmmaker."

ANCHOR The Dow is down 69. This is CBS News."

CBS Radio News "Now at least Federal authorities might be able to punish the filmmaker"... "

Short CBS newscast at noon (ET) Friday on the filmmaker taken into custody on probation violations. I was taken aback by Raviv say, and I checked the broadcast posted at the URL to make sure I had heard right.

ANCHOR (Steve Kathan) "The man behind the anti-Islam video that sparked outrage in the Muslim world is still in jail in Los Angeles for a probation violation.

RAVIV "I'm Dan Raviv in Washington. The short movie posted on YouTube has had a lot of diplomatic impact. It was *clearly* designed to insult the Prophet Mohammed, and a senior Obama administration official told CBS News last week that no one in the Middle East seems to believe that the US government could not stop the film from getting out. Now at least Federal authorities might be able to *punish* the filmmaker."

This is very scary, these people actually want him punished for his speech. America is dying.

Pretty sad.

This is very scary, these people actually want him punished for his speech. America is dying.

Pretty sad.

It really depends on what happens to him. This is a case of where they're just being hard on him. It would be one thing if he was a squeaky clean dude and he was brought in, but he's a criminal who violated his probation. If they basically trump up some false charge to put him in jail for the rest of his life then i would certainly get worried.

It really depends on what happens to him. This is a case of where they're just being hard on him. It would be one thing if he was a squeaky clean dude and he was brought in, but he's a criminal who violated his probation. If they basically trump up some false charge to put him in jail for the rest of his life then i would certainly get worried.

The only "violation" is the claim of the feds who interrogated him that he didn't tell them the truth.

I have a problem with using that as a basis to throw someone in jail. The entire procedure was abusive.

The only "violation" is the claim of the feds who interrogated him that he didn't tell them the truth.

I have a problem with using that as a basis to throw someone in jail. The entire procedure was abusive.

The 1st Amendment only applies to Liberal big wigs. Anyone else better watch what they say do or video. And the liberal supporters do not even understand what they are agreeing to. Wait for a Conservative President to do something even remotely similar and they will be whining like babies.

Compare and contrast. This is 'hate' and he should be jailed according to some on the left. Yet some on the left embrace much of "Islam" which puts homosexuals to death and keeps women shrouded and unable to drive. That's okay, but to condemn such a culture is 'hate"? Strange that.

Homosexual activity is a crime and forbidden in most Muslim-majority countries. In the Islamic regimes of Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, North Sudan and Yemen, homosexual activity is punished with the death penalty.

LGBT in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back