CBS Poll:Americans not buying Liberal lie that conservative "rhetoric" caused shootin

Yeah whatever, but I am sick of being lectured to by this President.

I guess we will see.

The situations are 100% different. 100%.

To you maybe.
To me? I am a conservative. I speak out about my sentiments. I am not violent and my intentions are not vilolent. I feel Rangel and Durbin rushed to blame the way I and mine articulate our positions.
Just as if I were Muslim...I would have felt the bloggers were compromising my safety in the community after the fort Hood massacre.

You say 100% different...

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death
People blamed a group of people as the cause for the shooters sentiments using a national forum.

100% different? Those three things in themselves make them errily similar.

Comparison:

An entire Religion in our Country already facing great, baseless hatred and bigotry because of the 2001 tragedy......

To....a group of people who are paid to stir the pot and stoke anger, for Political power and money, thus brought to the forefront of this conversation by their OWN ACTIONS, whether justly or not, they have chosen their distasteful role in the world, voluntarily.

totally different scenarios, to me.

I am not arguing the issue of rhetoric and whether they should be blasted or not for it.

The bottom line is whewther they are right or wrong for what they say and do, they have not yet been found to have had anything to do with the sentioments of the murderer...,

Yet, without any proof at all, elected officials opted to apply those individuals to to the senmtiments of the shooter.

You are arguing whether or not the rhetoric is appropriate.

I am arguing whether or not ANYONE should be blamed by elected officials for ANYTHING before ANY PROOF is found to connect them...and if they do, their leader should stop them.

So I guess polls are back on gospel list for you clowns, after their brief exile?

The fact is this:

Whether or not this shooter was influenced by the rhetoric, etc., he may have been, he may not have been,

this poll contributes absolutely nothing to that determination.

To you maybe.
To me? I am a conservative. I speak out about my sentiments. I am not violent and my intentions are not vilolent. I feel Rangel and Durbin rushed to blame the way I and mine articulate our positions.
Just as if I were Muslim...I would have felt the bloggers were compromising my safety in the community after the fort Hood massacre.

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death
People blamed a group of people as the cause for the shooters sentiments using a national forum.

Comparison:

An entire Religion in our Country already facing great, baseless hatred and bigotry because of the 2001 tragedy......

To....a group of people who are paid to stir the pot and stoke anger, for Political power and money, thus brought to the forefront of this conversation by their OWN ACTIONS, whether justly or not, they have chosen their distasteful role in the world, voluntarily.

I am not arguing the issue of rhetoric and whether they should be blasted or not for it.

The bottom line is whewther they are right or wrong for what they say and do, they have not yet been found to have had anything to do with the sentioments of the murderer...,

Yet, without any proof at all, elected officials opted to apply those individuals to to the senmtiments of the shooter.

I am arguing whether or not ANYONE should be blamed by elected officials for ANYTHING before ANY PROOF is found to connect them...and if they do, their leader should stop them.

I am arguing that people who assume one of the obvious consequences of their jobs by, you know, taking their job.............

vs.

people who are Simply Religious

are two totally different situations.

Comparison:

I am arguing that people who assume one of the obvious consequences of their jobs by, you know, taking their job.............

vs.

Ahh...

I see what you are saying. With that in mind, I see your point.

But the fact that an entire group is associated with those that speak out is something that the President should take into consideration.

I believe he should have siad "do not rush to judgement"

It would have helped...and it was appropriate at the time.

vs.

Ahh...

But the fact that an entire group is associated with those that speak out is something that the President should take into consideration.

He may still, and I hope he does.

I hope he says to "not lay people with the direct blame because that stokes more political hatred and anger, but let's have this conversation about political hyperbole and incitement, of which I've regrettably been a part of at times and guilty of myself."

The situations are 100% different. 100%.

To you maybe.

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death

Comparison:

An entire Religion, a baseless claim. Great baseless hatred is a pure lie, calling us bigots on top is Rhetoric and I see this as more rhetoric coming from the one political party.

To you maybe.

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death

Comparison:

An entire Religion, a baseless claim. Great baseless hatred is a pure lie, calling us bigots on top is Rhetoric and I see this as more rhetoric coming from the one political party.

Except it's not baseless, because you can look in this very Religion forum here yourself and see people hating the entire religion. So baseless? See the proof right here on these boards in the Religion forum, right on their front page.

And the great baseless hatred is not a pure lie, it's the truth, and a baseless hatred is in fact bigotry.

vs.

Ahh...

He may still, and I hope he does.

I hope he says to "not lay people with the direct blame because that stokes more political hatred and anger, but let's have this conversation about political hyperbole and incitement, of which I've regrettably been a part of at times and guilty of myself."

yes...but the time to have that discussion is either when it is proven to be what spurred this murderer....or after the discussion of whatever it was that did.
But not to be discussed as something related unless it is found that it is.

Oh boy! Another poll to tell us how to feel.

Frankly, no I don't think conservative rhetoric "caused" the shooting either. But that doesn't mean I have a good opinion of conservative rhetoric and the effects it has on our political climate.

Comparison:

Except it's not baseless, because you can look in this very Religion forum here yourself and see people hating the entire religion. So baseless? See the proof right here on these boards in the Religion forum, right on their front page.

And the great baseless hatred is not a pure lie, it's the truth, and a baseless hatred is in fact bigotry.

This forum by no means is a cross section of America.
Most that post on here are passionate about politics and political views...which, as you know, is not the norm for Americans
Whereas there may be a small number that express hatred for Muslims as a religion on here.....there is no way the same prercentage of right leaning individuals in the US feel the same.
I can tell you this...such hatred of Muslims in my area is not at all evident.

Oh boy! Another poll to tell us how to feel.

Frankly, no I don't think conservative rhetoric "caused" the shooting either. But that doesn't mean I have a good opinion of conservative rhetoric and the effects it has on our political climate.

COnservative rhetoric and progressive rhetoric is healthy and necessary....in my opinion.

DAMN!!

A CBS poll is telling them they are a bunch of liars that can't fool most Americans! Krist, they didn't fool 49% of thier own people!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

EPIC FAIL

Makes me wonder what an honest poll would put it at.

Most that post on here are passionate about politics and political views...which, as you know, is not the norm for Americans
Whereas there may be a small number that express hatred for Muslims as a religion on here.....there is no way the same prercentage of right leaning individuals in the US feel the same.

The same commentators are stirring the pot against Muslims, in General, from my own listening and watching experience.

Anyone's allowed to disagree, I know what I see go down enough to know that what I say is certainly not baseless.

DAMN!!

A CBS poll is telling them they are a bunch of liars that can't fool most Americans! Krist, they didn't fool 49% of thier own people!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

EPIC FAIL

Makes me wonder what an honest poll would put it at.

Why would this surprise you? There's no unified goal to blame actual people on this, just some idiots.

The same commentators are stirring the pot against Muslims, in General, from my own listening and watching experience.

Anyone's allowed to disagree, I know what I see go down enough to know that what I say is certainly not baseless.

This is not doubting...I am genuinely curious...

What commentators are you referring to? Rush and Hannity? I dont really listen to either...Used to watch Hannity, but his Obama bashing got old...As for Rush....he is on during the day so I never get to listen to hiom.

But are those the ones that bash the muslim religion and people?

What commentators are you referring to? Rush and Hannity? I dont really listen to either...Used to watch Hannity, but his Obama bashing got old...As for Rush....he is on during the day so I never get to listen to hiom.

Yes, they stir anger and mistrust absolutely.

This is how Rush refers to the President, for example:

Barack Husseeeeeeeeeeeeein Obama, Barack Husseeeeeeeeeeein Obama.

They also say things like be skurred of sharia coming. They also say things like "if Muslims don't speak out, they must condone it!"

etc...etc....

They also say things like be skurred of sharia coming. They also say things like "if Muslims don't speak out, they must condone it!"

etc...etc....

Yeah...throwing in the Hussein part is childish...I agree.

But I have heard many commentators that if the GOP does not speak out about the one or two racists that are found in tea party rallies of hundreds, then the GOP must condone racism.

It goes both ways....and just as I would expect our elected officials to say such is crap as it pertains to "muslims condoning rdicalism" I would expect our elected officials to say such is crap as it pertains to "condoning racism".

But our politicians on both sides of the aisle allow the people and the commentators to continually stir things up and say nothing...

That is why I was disturbed to see Rangel and Durbin engage in such crasp without a peep from our President to stop it.

etc...etc....

Yeah...throwing in the Hussein part is childish...I agree.

But I have heard many commentators that if the GOP does not speak out about the one or two racists that are found in tea party rallies of hundreds, then the GOP must condone racism.

It goes both ways....and just as I would expect our elected officials to say such is crap as it pertains to "muslims condoning rdicalism" I would expect our elected officials to say such is crap as it pertains to "condoning racism".

But our politicians on both sides of the aisle allow the people and the commentators to continually stir things up and say nothing...

That is why I was disturbed to see Rangel and Durbin engage in such crasp without a peep from our President to stop it.

I'm glad he's not stopping it because the conversation happening, in my opinion, will do more good than harm.

So...

...this same poll said that Americans by almost 5 to 1 think gun laws should be more strict, rather than less.

Does that prove something? Or is that the part of the poll that's not reliable? lol

Forum List

Back