CBS Poll:Americans not buying Liberal lie that conservative "rhetoric" caused shootin

The only way Obama would have spoken out against a rush to judgment was if the shooter were named Jared bin Loughner

Why is it, when only far right, individuals (non elected officials) were blogging about Muslims and the connection to the Fort Hood masacre, our President hit the airwaves saying we should not rush to judgement...

but when elected officials, congresspeople and senators and many memebers of the media rushed to judgement, he was silent?

Because a majority weren't laying the actual blame on anyone, simply using the opportunity to speak out against the hateful rhetoric which applies even if he WASN'T inspired by it, because he made an attack on Public Officials and was proven via his youtube channel to be very anti establishment and very conspiracy-driven,

and then of course people's comments about rhetoric are sent through the spin factory, and thus accused of laying the actual blame. You know how it works, man.

If you had listened closely, you'd know.

I'm not dismissing those few who did lay the ACTUAL blame, mind you, but I'm just being real which is unique to these situations, as you see here. I will subsequently be accused of laying the blame, watch, and then you'll see my point.

Really?

Were you sleeping next to Rip Van Winkle until 2 minutes ago?

My post wasn't intended to start a conversation with people who behave like 5 year olds about politics and can't have a two way cordial conversation without being offensive, and 5.

Why is it, when only far right, individuals (non elected officials) were blogging about Muslims and the connection to the Fort Hood masacre, our President hit the airwaves saying we should not rush to judgement...

but when elected officials, congresspeople and senators and many memebers of the media rushed to judgement, he was silent?

Because a majority weren't laying the actual blame on anyone, simply using the opportunity to speak out against the hateful rhetoric which applies even if he WASN'T inspired by it, because he made an attack on Public Officials and was proven via his youtube channel to be very anti establishment and very conspiracy-driven,

and then of course people's comments about rhetoric are sent through the spin factory, and thus accused of laying the actual blame. You know how it works, man.

I'm not dismissing those few who did lay the ACTUAL blame, mind you, but I'm just being real which is unique to these situations, as you see here. I will subsequently be accused of laying the blame, watch, and then you'll see my point.

I was listening very carefully. I listened to Dick Durbin and Charlie Rangel asnwer questions about the shootings with comments on the right political rhetoric.
That was those elected officials applying their opinion that political rhetoric from the right contributed to the anger of the shooter....

unless you want to spin it and say that they were commenting on the massacre, but also decided to discuss something that is not at all related to the massacre....which wazs right political rhetoric.

Come on...you are better than that GT...that is spin.

Durbin and Rangel were asked to comment on the massacre and they brought up right wing political speech.....

My question is why did Obama not do what he did when bloggers started to relate the fort Hood shooter to Mulsim radicalism.

The only way Obama would have spoken out against a rush to judgment was if the shooter were named Jared bin Loughner

There was never an actual issue in our Country with an over-zealous bigotry towards Muslims that responsible people would attempt to minimize :cuckoo:

Makes no sense whatsoever why he'd do that, none! He's a terrorist! Bottom line!

(the thinking of a 5 year old)

As I said earlier....I would expect bloggers from both sides to try to capitalize on something like this.

I dont expect elected reps to.

And I would ceretainly expect the President to tell reps to calm it down...not exasperrate it.

I was listening very carefully. I listened to Dick Durbin and Charlie Rangel asnwer questions about the shootings with comments on the right political rhetoric.
That was those elected officials applying their opinion that political rhetoric from the right contributed to the anger of the shooter....

unless you want to spin it and say that they were commenting on the massacre, but also decided to discuss something that is not at all related to the massacre....which wazs right political rhetoric.

Durbin and Rangel were asked to comment on the massacre and they brought up right wing political speech.....

My question is why did Obama not do what he did when bloggers started to relate the fort Hood shooter to Mulsim radicalism.

And I answer that.

And, I didn't deny anything above, I said a few DID do it.

It doesn't change the fact that the rhetoric and hyperbole is over-board, and *can* inspire these things, and so in light of seeings these things happen, it's a perfect time to jump-start the conversation.

If people don't like it, then they need to look inward about feeling guilty about it, becauase if they AREN'T USING OVER-BOARD, DISTASTEFUL HYPERBOLE, then they aren't really even a PART of the conversation to begin with.

And with this I made a thread, and with this I accused left-commentators of the same.

A CBS poll? That means that Liberals do not believe that Conservative rhetoric caused the shooting doesn't it?

And I answer that.

It doesn't change the fact that the rhetoric and hyperbole is over-board, and *can* inspire these things, and so in light of seeings these things happen, it's a perfect time to jump-start the conversation.

If people don't like it, then they need to look inward about feeling guilty about it, becauase if they AREN'T USING OVER-BOARD, DISTASTEFUL HYPERBOLE, then they aren't really even a PART of the conversation to begin with.

And with this I made a thread, and with this I accused left-commentators of the same.

I am not referring to a discussion about the issues of political rehtoric.....that is always a good conversation to have.

But to rush to judge and openly blame the deaths of 6 people on such before there is any proof of such is OK by our elected officials?

Sorry....I dont see that.

I dont agree with rushing to judgement on anything.....and I find it unusual that our President gave his opinion on one rush to judgement and not on another.

As I said earlier....I would expect bloggers from both sides to try to capitalize on something like this.

And I would ceretainly expect the President to tell reps to calm it down...not exasperrate it.

The President, in my opinion, letting the conversation go is what's best for this Country because I do, in fact, feel the rhetoric is beyond fucking ridiculous. Also, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll speak to this in such a way where, he WILL say it isn't right to blame anyone but the shooter. I will wait to see and hope I'm right. But still, the rhetoric is so childish.

Look at you here, for instance. You buy the whole Obama sympathises with Muslims shit.

Now, of course a logical person has to do some massaging of that relationship inside of our Country, because he has some Muslim American Citizens that he has to tamp down the hatred against, because obviously they weren't behind 9/11 themselves, and obviously a great deal of people have a hatred now of Muslims in General. Peep the Religion forum on this very board, and you will see why any smart President would want to calm the tension. Go ahead and look.

The TPM/conservatives survived being attacked as racists....they'll survive this as well. If anything, they've been conditioned to stand their ground and not be bullied into submission.

And I answer that.

I am not referring to a discussion about the issues of political rehtoric.....that is always a good conversation to have.

But to rush to judge and openly blame the deaths of 6 people on such before there is any proof of such is OK by our elected officials?

I dont agree with rushing to judgement on anything.....and I find it unusual that our President gave his opinion on one rush to judgement and not on another.

The situations are 100% different. 100%.

The President, in my opinion, letting the conversation go is what's best for this Country because I do, in fact, feel the rhetoric is beyond fucking ridiculous. Also, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll speak to this in such a way where, he WILL say it isn't right to blame anyone but the shooter. I will wait to see and hope I'm right. But still, the rhetoric is so childish.

Look at you here, for instance. You buy the whole Obama sympathises with Muslims shit.

Now, of course a logical person has to do some massaging of that relationship inside of our Country, because he has some Muslim American Citizens that he has to tamp down the hatred against, because obviously they weren't behind 9/11 themselves, and obviously a great deal of people have a hatred now of Muslims in General. Peep the Religion forum on this very board, and you will see why any smart President would want to calm the tension. Go ahead and look.

IN all fairness to my position GT....and you know where I come from.

I am referring to pereception...not fact.

A leader should never give a perception that he favors one group over another.

Does he favor Muslims? I believe he favors ALL Americans equally....

But with the amount of advisors he has...not to mention his political experience.....I am sure SOMEONE said to him.....you must not give the perception that you were concerned about ruish to judegement against Muslims and not concerned about such against the opposing party.

Perception is everything GT......and it is the role of our elected officals to ensure that the public understands their intentions.

Of course, one can say "why should the President bother with the insecurities of some of the American People..

I say...becuase thast is part of his role as a leader.

It is making me sick that the Obama is going to USE these Peoples deaths TO COME out and LECTURE us AGAIN.

I see a Paul Wellstone funeral all over again.

IN all fairness to my position GT....and you know where I come from.

I am referring to pereception...not fact.

A leader should never give a perception that he favors one group over another.

Does he favor Muslims? I believe he favors ALL Americans equally....

But with the amount of advisors he has...not to mention his political experience.....I am sure SOMEONE said to him.....you must not give the perception that you were concerned about ruish to judegement against Muslims and not concerned about such against the opposing party.

Perception is everything GT......and it is the role of our elected officals to ensure that the public understands their intentions.

Of course, one can say "why should the President bother with the insecurities of some of the American People..

I say...becuase thast is part of his role as a leader.

I'll disagree because I don't liken the two situations, at all.

And I answer that.

To you maybe.
To me? I am a conservative. I speak out about my sentiments. I am not violent and my intentions are not vilolent. I feel Rangel and Durbin rushed to blame the way I and mine articulate our positions.
Just as if I were Muslim...I would have felt the bloggers were compromising my safety in the community after the fort Hood massacre.

You say 100% different...

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death
People blamed a group of people as the cause for the shooters sentiments using a national forum.

100% different? Those three things in themselves make them errily similar.

It is making me sick that the Obama is going to USE these Peoples deaths TO COME out and LECTURE us AGAIN.

Oh stfu. Presidents speak to tragedies, regardless if you like their politics.

I would expect our President to speak on such a national tragedy.
He is not using anything.
He is doing what Presidents do.

To you maybe.
To me? I am a conservative. I speak out about my sentiments. I am not violent and my intentions are not vilolent. I feel Rangel and Durbin rushed to blame the way I and mine articulate our positions.
Just as if I were Muslim...I would have felt the bloggers were compromising my safety in the community after the fort Hood massacre.

You say 100% different...

OK...

Comparison:

One shooter
People shot to death
People blamed a group of people as the cause for the shooters sentiments using a national forum.

100% different? Those three things in themselves make them errily similar.

Comparison:

An entire Religion in our Country already facing great, baseless hatred and bigotry because of the 2001 tragedy......

To....a group of people who are paid to stir the pot and stoke anger, for Political power and money, thus brought to the forefront of this conversation by their OWN ACTIONS, whether justly or not, they have chosen their distasteful role in the world, voluntarily.

totally different scenarios, to me.

In that case the President was wrong, it was a Moslem and not just any kind but a Moslem who was a extreme radical. It was also political correctness that allowed the man to develop his radical ideas while serving in the military, plenty of warnings by his peers.

What was Obama's comments on this shooting, I do not recall hearing them. If he has been silent that is just as bad as the rhetoric. If the President is silent while there is extreme Rhetoric simply for political reasons the President has taken the side of the Rhetoric.

Forum List

Back