CBS, NBC ban church ad inviting gays

No.

I believe that in this case, the argument was, that these stations had ads for other religious entities, (of public Interest) from Focus on the Family's James Dobson, and others, telling or representing a message that differed with theirs, and that they had a right to get their message out, ON THE PUBLIC'S Broadcasting Air Waves,

and that the individual owner of a Station, who is leasing LIMITED air wave space from the Public, can not prevent the adversary from presenting the "other side" just because he owns the station and differs with it....

Or something like that....?

Care

the stations have the right to refuse any ads - is this another version of the libs forcing people to listen to their viewpoints?

the stations have the right to refuse any ads - is this another version of the libs forcing people to listen to their viewpoints?

Media and Hollywood is 99% liberal so basically what we see on TV and in movie theaters are all liberal points of view, LOL these nutjobs have the nerve to complain about an ad being rejected? LOL

Media and Hollywood is 99% liberal so basically what we see on TV and in movie theaters are all liberal points of view, LOL these nutjobs have the nerve to complain about an ad being rejected? LOL

To libs, the people are to stupid to understand the issues - it is their job (the libs) to "educate" us. So the left must have full control of the media and the message

Stations DO not have complete and total power over what they can and can not do on the airwaves. They must be licensed and that License specifies many things that can and can not happen. It further specifics that the public has the right to bring complaints to the FCC on the behavior of any licensed Station.

Stations DO not have complete and total power over what they can and can not do on the airwaves. They must be licensed and that License specifies many things that can and can not happen. It further specifics that the public has the right to bring complaints to the FCC on the behavior of any licensed Station.

I do not believe they must run any ad submitted. This is what the debate is about

That is NOT what the "debate" is about. The debate is about refusing ads that they may have no right to refuse. No one has said stations must accept any and all ads, but then you already know that.

If the station can refuse any ad submitted - why are some on the left moaning about it?

I probably know the answer to that as well

In a free market they do

Libs do want a free market - they want a liberal market

Even with out the "fairness doctrine" the airwaves still are controlled by the US Government, inside the US. The license states what is and is not acceptable and in some cases it is vague. Once again, IF one believes the station violated the license, go READ it at the Station or from the FCC or on a web site. If you still think it was a violation, make a formal complaint to the FCC.

Even with out the "fairness doctrine" the airwaves still are controlled by the US Government, inside the US. The license states what is and is not acceptable and in some cases it is vague. Once again, IF one believes the station violated the license, go READ it at the Station or from the FCC or on a web site. If you still think it was a violation, make a formal complaint to the FCC.

What drives the airwaves is ratings and money

If the station airs soemthing the folks do not like, they lose viewers and money

Libs can whine all they want - that is what they do best anyway

We have done this before RSR, I won't play your " I am, what are you" game.

You are incorrect when you dismiss the regulatory power of the US Government on our Airwaves.

We have done this before RSR, I won't play your " I am, what are you" game.

You are incorrect when you dismiss the regulatory power of the US Government on our Airwaves.

I am not palying any game

I am point out the facts about the broadcast networks. Stations have rejected ads in the past on other subjects without this type of hyped outrage. The happened to reject an ad the libs wanted aired

Forum List

Back