CBS in Denial

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
CBS says in its report that there was no political agenda, nor bias. Hmmm...can you say deny deny deny..I wonder who did this report perhaps, the Kerry campaign.

wolvie20m said:
CBS says in its report that there was no political agenda, nor bias. Hmmm...can you say deny deny deny..I wonder who did this report perhaps, the Kerry campaign.

Is that the official report, wolvie - the one they've been promising? I've been waiting for that! You wouldn't have a link, would you?

Accutually I wouldn't I've been watching Fox News they've been filling me in. Also Dan Rather gets none of the heat.

musicman said:
Is that the official report, wolvie - the one they've been promising? I've been waiting for that! You wouldn't have a link, would you?

I've not read it, but I heard they fired four. Among those was 60 Minutes producer Mary Mapes, the rabid left wing crusader who pushed the story.

Just for fun, here's a bit about CBS that pre-dated these announcements. The author had a pretty keen insight and he makes an excellent point about the priorities at CBS.
============================
http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article4023.html

A few weeks ago, at Rather Biased, I came across a story about a CBS News producer who’d been fired, “CBS Fires Trigger-happy Producer.” “So, they finally got around to Mary Mapes,” says I. No such luck. The tarnished Tiffany network had unceremoniously dumped a news producer for interrupting a broadcast of its popular new crime series, CSI: New York, for a report on the death of Arab terrorist Yasser Arafat. It seems while honesty in reporting counts for little at CBS these days, hot entertainment properties are sacred.
================================================

So if you interrupt their entertainment for news you get fired on the spot. But if you turn their news into entertainment in the form of fiction, it takes them a while to make up their minds.

Rather steps down as the anchor of the nightly news, but he retains a position with 60 minutes - the show which aired the fictional documents. Makes sense to me.

Here's a link with some info on the fallout of Rathergate.

http://www.ratherbiased.com/

Those "asked" to resign: 60 Minutes Wednesday executive producer Josh Howard (R), Senior Vice President Betsy West (C), and senior broadcast producer Mary Murphy (L) Fired: 60 Minutes producer Mary Mapes.

From what I understand, the report was very damaging to Mary in particular, as in one section she speaks to Bill Burkett of her obsession to get this story on the aire.

They fire the producers, when Rather should have been fired, right on the air. But have him read it over the teleprompter...without knowing it.

It should have been something like "Hi this is Dan Rather, and after yesterday's discovery of the fake memos, I am so fucking fired...Uh, wait a minute..."

fuzzykitten99 said:
They fire the producers, when Rather should have been fired, right on the air. But have him read it over the teleprompter...without knowing it.

It should have been something like "Hi this is Dan Rather, and after yesterday's discovery of the fake memos, I am so fucking fired...Uh, wait a minute..."
Yea that dope will read anything... :read:

The latest scuttlebutt has Rather disavowing his on-air apology, saying that no apology was necessary and that he was just being a team player. Investigators have called his new stance "troubling".

"TROUBLING"????!!!! Wow - that's pretty stern language. What's next - "All right, Buster - that's three more bricks out of your little house in heaven"??

What a farce.

The problem with all of you is that you guys have no media experience.

My "Meet the fockers" review was never printed in my name. I went and saw the movie, written a report of the movie, then sent it to my friend, who was sick.

In layman's terms, he paid me money, for my information; in turn, he used the info for his report on the movie. He did not have the time to validate my info; he took it for what it was worth, with much trust in my judgment.

Does this gives room for corruption? Of course it does. If I wanted to maliciously sink this film, I could had, but I didn't.

These MAJOR newsanchors go by what is handed in front of them; they rarely do their own investigations because they don't have the time; therefore, they trust their sub reporters; much in the same fashion that a paralegal hands a prepared brief over to an attorney.

If you ask me, I think that Dan Rather was the fall guy of an obvious political plan! But before you say "liberal", here's some food for thought!

Who'd benefited the most from this embarrassing scenerio? Sounds to me like the CONSERVATIVES!!! Was that producer a CONSERVATIVE MOLE?

hylandrdet said:

My "Meet the fockers" review was never printed in my name. I went and saw the movie, written a report of the movie, then sent it to my friend, who was sick.

In layman's terms, he paid me money, for my information; in turn, he used the info for his report on the movie. He did not have the time to validate my info; he took it for what it was worth, with much trust in my judgment.

Does this gives room for corruption? Of course it does. If I wanted to maliciously sink this film, I could had, but I didn't.

These MAJOR newsanchors go by what is handed in front of them; they rarely do their own investigations because they don't have the time; therefore, they trust their sub reporters; much in the same fashion that a paralegal hands a prepared brief over to an attorney.

If you ask me, I think that Dan Rather was the fall guy of an obvious political plan! But before you say "liberal", here's some food for thought!

Who'd benefited the most from this embarrassing scenerio? Sounds to me like the CONSERVATIVES!!! Was that producer a CONSERVATIVE MOLE?

Sure, he was. And, it's probably the same conservative mole who planted the Westmoreland documentary. You remember that one, don't you - the one Rather and CBS got their ASSES sued off for - the one they had to retract?

Congratulations, Hylandr - you've exposed the evil M.O. of conservative moledom: Let some power-mad, partisan little prick run amok for thirty years, masquerading as a journalist, behaving like an unelected, unaccountable feudal lord, lying with every breath in the name of his America-hating agenda, and then - WHAM - spring the trap! How diabolically clever, to let Rather convict himself with his own words and actions!

Conservatives are such underhanded bastards!

hylandrdet said:

Who'd benefited the most from this embarrassing scenerio?

Actually, the important question is, who WOULD HAVE benefitted the most, if it hadn't been for the blogosphere? This is precisely the kind of shitty trick the Old Media have been using, successfully, for over thirty years. They just got caught with their knickers down this time. And, finally, that's the real story of 2004. The reign of the Upper West Side information monopoly is over. Good riddance.

hylandrdet said:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That's a new low - even by the standards one applies to libs. That's right, we neocons have our spies everywhere. You may want to check under your bed and in your closet.

Oh - and Monica was hired by Rove and planted on Clinton's staff. And I guess you interpret that in more ways than one

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

hylandrdet said:

i'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet!

hylandrdet said:

Rather soooo wanted those documents to be real that he didn't do his homework. He shit the bed and everyone knows it. Isn't it ironic that if Al Gore hadn't invented the internet :rolleyes: that the bloggers wouldn't have been around to expose Rather's attempt to influence an election and Kerry might very well have won?

hylandrdet said:

Your friend paid you money to write a review of movie and put his reputation on the line rather than do it himself? A review from a brick layer who watched the movie so he could "written" the report. :rolleyes:

bricklayer

MtnBiker said:
Your friend paid you money to write a review of movie and put his reputation on the line rather than do it himself? A review from a brick layer who watched the movie so he could "written" the report. :rolleyes:

bricklayer

Makes perfect sensible to me.

MissileMan said:
Rather soooo wanted those documents to be real that he didn't do his homework. He shit the bed and everyone knows it. Isn't it ironic that if Al Gore hadn't invented the internet :rolleyes: that the bloggers wouldn't have been around to expose Rather's attempt to influence an election and Kerry might very well have won?

Very well stated!!!

hylandrdet said:

dan rather is the chief editor and has been presented in the past by CBS as ruling CBS news with an iron fist and that nothing is put on the air and vetted without his direct knowledge and approval ..... oh but now he is justa talking head reading what his producers hand him .... you know with logic like this i am not sure the dims will ever be able to find a presidential candiate that won't look like a tin foil hat wearing flower child

Forum List

Back