CBS(DC)-More Murders with Clubs than Rifles...

January 3, 2013 2:44 PM

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Annual FBI crime statistics show that more people are killed with clubs and hammers each year than by rifles or shotguns.

In 2011, there were 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

That's ALL rifles, not just the scary black ones.

Discuss.

You can prove just about anything with statistics. Looking at those same statistics, there were 12,664 murders of which 8,583 were committed with firearms or 67%.

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Annual FBI crime statistics show that more people are killed with clubs and hammers each year than by rifles or shotguns.

In 2011, there were 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

Discuss.

You can prove just about anything with statistics. Looking at those same statistics, there were 12,664 murders of which 8,583 were committed with firearms or 67%.

Is there a bill being presented to ban firearms?

The bill being presented is aimed at banning rifles, hence this article and thread.

So the other 9500 gun related deaths per/year were by handguns. Got it.

Still we are not number 1 in gun violence in the world per/capita, unless it's in comparison to other affluent nations.

PolitiFact | Facebook post says the U.S. is No. 1 in gun violence. Is it?
One can't draw that conclusion from the statistics in the link that show firearm homicides by country because different countries report homicides differently. Unless all countries follow the same reporting rules, comparisons are worthless.

Discuss.

Not really sure what your point is. Hunting rifles have never really been a big part of the gun control debate.

YOU people are whining about ASSAULT RIFLES. Care to re comment on the fact so few murders occur with ANY rifle much less assault rifles? Or is that to complicated for your puny brain to grasp?

So the other 9500 gun related deaths per/year were by handguns. Got it.

Still we are not number 1 in gun violence in the world per/capita, unless it's in comparison to other affluent nations.

PolitiFact | Facebook post says the U.S. is No. 1 in gun violence. Is it?
One can't draw that conclusion from the statistics in the link that show firearm homicides by country because different countries report homicides differently. Unless all countries follow the same reporting rules, comparisons are worthless.
So then why do you support the claim we are number 1? I mean that is from statistics from different Countries, or is your aversion to such statistics just limited to ones that don't support YOUR position?

Lets talk about the weapons of choice for mass murder.

Is a semi automatic rifle with 30 round magizines more or less efficient than a 16oz finish hammer. Or should people stay with the 28oz framer. With the checked head. Bad dude swinging that. Of course a roofing hammer would work. Just a little lite. A sledge would get the job done, but you gotta move slow.

All in all, having swung a hammer for most of my life, I would have to say that I would prefer something like a semi auto with large capacity clip for mass murders.

Now you bad muttafukers on here are sure to complain that clubs are better and more readily available. And I might agree. But clubs are unpredictable. Don't know if they will fit right in the hand. If they might break. Just to unpredictable. And if they run (the victums) you have to chase them down with either a club or a hammer. To slow to do that. They can't outrun that .223 round. How many feet per sec on that bad boy?

Yea, I can see where you assholes would have to give this a whole lot of thought.
Hammers or clubs or semi automatic weapons with 30 round clips. Which one does the job of mass killing better.

Is that the question?

Good God, I thought you all were all about the finer points of killing. You all are stone age.
Clubs and hammers instead of semi auto rifles.

Discuss.

Not really sure what your point is. Hunting rifles have never really been a big part of the gun control debate.

YOU people are whining about ASSAULT RIFLES. Care to re comment on the fact so few murders occur with ANY rifle much less assault rifles? Or is that to complicated for your puny brain to grasp?
I'm not saying we're number one, however if we aren't we are probably pretty near the top. International crime statistics are pure crap when trying to compare crime rates in different countries. In the US, all law enforcement use the FBI developed standards for Uniform Crime Reports as defined in the "Uniform Crime Reporting Handbook". So you can compare statistics between states because they use the same ground rules in reporting crime, but that is not the case when comparing crime in different countries. For example, if you kill someone in an auto accident in the US while intoxicated, it will be considered murder but may not be in some counties. In China, people killed in riots are not considered murder. In most Arab countries, they are considered murder. So you're really comparing apples and oranges.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/handbook/ucrhandbook04.pdf

Forum List

Back