CBS And NPR Reporters Caught On Open-mic Conspiring To Trip Up Romney

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUvi0hYBaM]Open Mic Catches Reporters Coordinating Romney Questions - YouTube[/ame]

They were playing the video of reporters who were discussing trying to trip up Mitt Romney ahead of a press conference this morning. It showed a podium with two American flags and you could hear a reporter from CBS and from NPR conspiring to trip up Romney before his press conference on the embassy killings:

Before Romney issued his statement today, an open mic capture(d) the press coordinating questions to ask Romney, with one saying “no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question”. I’ve transcribed it to the best of my ability but the audio is below for verification:

I’ve labeled one as the CBS News reporter as I believe it is Nancy Cordes who works for CBS News. If I’ve gotten that wrong I apologize and will correct. EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney “no matter who he calls on we’re covered” » The Right Scoop -

The blog RightScoop.com has audio of the press coordinating which question to ask Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney at his press conference this morning on the events in Libya and Egypt. “[N]o matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question,” an unidentified journalist says.

Here's the transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: …pointing out that the Republicans… *unintelligible* …Obama….

CBS REPORTER: That’s the question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: *unintelligible*

CBS REPORTER: Yeah that’s the question. I would just say do you regret your question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Your question? Your statement?

CBS REPORTER: I mean your statement. Not even the tone, because then he can go off on…

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And then if he does, if we can just follow up and say ‘but this morning your answer is continuing to sound…’ – *becomes unintelligble*

CBS REPORTER: You can’t say that..

**Later**

CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

Press Coordinates Question to Ask Romney | The Weekly Standard

The full transcript

Like your average tin-horn dictator Obama has only done one prerecorded interview sitting reclined in a chair and talking about the situation in the Middle-East. He won't take questions in front of the press.

However Romney is taking questions and the media is trying to conspire against him.

Romney is acting like a President. Obama is acting like an actor or a dictator. He doesn't want to appear like he's under the spotlight even though his policies currently are. He will not answer for all of the foreign policy blunders his State Department is guilty of.

But Gosh darnit.....he sure got Bin Laden.

Last edited:
Consider these people our enemy folks

And contact them and tell them we are SICK of them conspiring AGAINST US

It doesn't matter what Romney does, the press is in the tank for Obama and they will twist everything Romney says or does. Maybe make up shit. The Olympic fiasco was a prime example of this.

When it comes to foreign policies Obama's is totally screwed up. Sending out mixed signals and not anticipating trouble as in this situation. The embassy in Cairo felt they knew what the reason was for all of the unrest. So much so that they even released an apology before hand.

On a side note:
The night of the attack Obama was told that his ambassador was missing and he still had no problem sleeping. This must not bother him all that much. I would have problems sleeping if I knew that members of my State Department were in danger. I figure I could sleep once the crisis is over.

It doesn't matter what Romney does, the press is in the tank for Obama and they will twist everything Romney says or does. Maybe make up shit. The Olympic fiasco was a prime example of this.

When it comes to foreign policies Obama's is totally screwed up. Sending out mixed signals and not anticipating trouble as in this situation. The embassy in Cairo felt they knew what the reason was for all of the unrest. So much so that they even released an apology before hand.

On a side note:
The night of the attack Obama was told that his ambassador was missing and he still had no problem sleeping. This must not bother him all that much. I would have problems sleeping if I knew that members of my State Department were in danger. I figure I could sleep once the crisis is over.

That's why we THE PEOPLE need to start contacting them instead of just sitting back and letting it happen...They did the same thing with Bush as President...every day the were trying to sabotage his Presidency with their reporting..and now they are doing it with Romney

Like your average tin-horn dictator Obama has only done one prerecorded interview sitting reclined on in a chair and talking about the situation in the Middle-East. He won't take questions in front of the press.

However Romney is taking questions and the media is trying to conspire against him.

Romney is acting like a President. Obama is acting like an actor or a dictator. He doesn't want to appear like he's under the spotlight even though his policies currently are. He will not answer for all of the foreign policy blunders his State Department is guilty of.

But Gosh darnit.....he sure got Bin Laden.

I suppose you believe what you post but don't expect many to agree - beyond the echo chamber - with your opinions. Stating Romney is acting "like a President" is ridiculous on its face - Romney is 'acting' to be sure, but he was miscast for the role.

Romney is taking questions? You really need to keep up, Romney is the least transparent candidate of all of those who ran for the GOP nomination this election season.

Stop patronizing their media sources.

They organize protests against us, why not just refuse to patronize their advertizers.

Remember the Chick-fil-a nonsense?

In a short press conference, the press coordinates their questions?

Color me shocked

Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

Diabolical !

Of course he stands by his statement.

How many times does he have to say it.

He's not the Obama Administration, issuing apologies and then having to retract it after being attacked. Sending mixed signals to everyone.

The problem here is the that many on the left claim these folks aren't out to get Romney and instead of reporting the news they are shaping the news.

Course a turd like yourself can't see that in a million years.

In a short press conference, the press coordinates their questions?

Color me shocked

I'm not shocked ether........now we have proof. :eusa_whistle:

You're to stupid to realize that this removes opportunity to deny it in the future.

Why deny it?

The press wanted to make sure one question was asked and covered their bases

Asking the same question 6 or 7 times?

Do you think they got the answer they wanted by the 3rd time or the 7th time?

In my opinion I wouldn't want Romney participating in a debate handled by these cheerleaders for the president.

The debates need to be taken completely out of their hands.

Forum List

Back