CBO - Trump's budget adds 9.5 trillion of debt over the next 10 years

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump’s 2019 Budget Underestimated New Debt by $2.3 Trillion, CBO Says

• The White House had estimated that the deficit would be $450 billion in 2027 and $445 billion in 2028. CBO, by contrast, sees deficits of $965 billion and $1.1 trillion for those years under the Trump budget.
  • In all, CBO says Trump's budget would result in cumulative deficits of $9.5 trillion over the next decade compared to $7.2 trillion estimated by the White House.
  • Under the president’s budget, federal debt held by the public would rise from about 78 percent of GDP this year to 86 percent in 2028.
I think it's probably vastly under estimated. With all the tax cuts for billionaires and corporations, revenue will be way, way down. That will skyrocket the debt. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

giphy.gif

• The White House had estimated that the deficit would be $450 billion in 2027 and $445 billion in 2028. CBO, by contrast, sees deficits of $965 billion and $1.1 trillion for those years under the Trump budget.
  • In all, CBO says Trump's budget would result in cumulative deficits of $9.5 trillion over the next decade compared to $7.2 trillion estimated by the White House.
  • Under the president’s budget, federal debt held by the public would rise from about 78 percent of GDP this year to 86 percent in 2028.
I think it's probably vastly under estimated. With all the tax cuts for billionaires and corporations, revenue will be way, way down. That will skyrocket the debt. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
If he keeps stealing taxpayer money by adding tariffs, maybe it will make up for the wildly irresponsible budget he passed after his wildly irresponsible tax cuts

How much of the budget not under his control? Tax cuts actually INCREASES revenue.

How much of the budget not under his control? Tax cuts actually INCREASES revenue.
Lol voodoo economics. Cut taxes and the debt will go down. Without Reagan’s tax cuts for thebwealthiest, the debt would have ballooned by 10x instead of just tripled :laugh:

Lol voodoo economics. Cut taxes and the debt will go down. Without Reagan’s tax cuts for thebwealthiest, the debt would have ballooned by 10x instead of just tripled :laugh:

Prove it.

When are you going to answer this question?

"How much of the budget not under his control?"

Another misleading thread dies quickly when challenged on any of it.

Snicker...…….

Forum List

Back