CBO says we can't sustain this country. Conservatism will win by default

That argument is shit. The fact that that shit argument is made for defense is all the more reason it has to be on the table.

I'll happily support a 20% cut in federal welfare spending if you'll support a 20% cut in defense spending.

No... because you are not owed being taken care of by the government... but the constitution does make it a direct charge of the federal government to have a national defense

I would support defense budget reform.. not paying contractors who do not live up to the contract... more efficient use of monies etc...

I would happily support a 100% cut in federal welfare programs and federal entitlements... along with defense spending review and reform

100% cut in entitlement programs? Social security is an entitlement program.

yep.. and if I had the option to have it ended or phased out so that I can invest my money on my own... great... I'll be the first to sign

Funny that national defense is charged directly as a responsibility of the government... and yes, there can be improvements to what is spent and how effectively....

But unless the DEMs start cutting ALL spending on things not directly charged to the government by the constitution (welfare programs, NEA, etc), I will not believe they are serious about anything for the country's improvement

That argument is shit. The fact that that shit argument is made for defense is all the more reason it has to be on the table.

I'll happily support a 20% cut in federal welfare spending if you'll support a 20% cut in defense spending.

No... because you are not owed being taken care of by the government... but the constitution does make it a direct charge of the federal government to have a national defense

I would support defense budget reform.. not paying contractors who do not live up to the contract... more efficient use of monies etc...

I would happily support a 100% cut in federal welfare programs and federal entitlements... along with defense spending review and reform

Of course you would. This is why conservatives like you are full of shit. You piss and moan about the debt and deficit while you're simultaneously taking your own pet spendings off the table.

That defense is somehow 'in' the Constitution is meaningless in this argument. Excessive spending on defense is NOT in the Constitution. What and how much to spend on defense is NOT in the Constitution.

As soon as you people on the right insist on taking defense off the table in any fiscal reform and budget cutting exercise,

you give the left, or anyone else for that matter, full justification for demanding that what they want to spend on be taken off the table.

Profligate defense spending, starting with Reagan, is what has pushed us toward bankruptcy. When conservatives sign on to putting defense on the cutting board, I'll believe they're serious about getting the fiscal house in order.
You're friggin' high.

Non-discretionary (read: entitlement handout) spending dwarfs military expenditures.

The real spending train wreck is in entitlements....Something neither the remocrats nor depublicans have the spine to deal with.

Fy2010_spending_by_category.jpg

Saw the news today that the CBO said by 2020, we'll be bankrupt if we stay this course. That our only hope is to cut spending by 20%, leaving us with little more than medicare, medicaid, maybe SS, and defense. Any other way, we go broke, bankrupt. I'm sure many liberals will cheer at the demise and fall of our powerful nation, but it's true, it's gonna happen if we stay this course.

What does that mean? It means the utopian dream of liberalism is dead in the water. It will never happen. We'll never be able to actually fund this healthcare overhaul. Welfare will dry up. Municipal services will be dwindled down to fire, police, ems, road maintenance.

In short, conservatism is going to win out....by default. We'll have no other choice. We'll all have to work harder. Save more. Be more responsible. More self-reliant.

Ironic, isn't it? Liberal spending and ideals have led us into bankruptcy................but the end result will be one in which conservative minded people will be the ones who flourish, and liberal minded people will likely suffer greately because they'll have to fend for themselves. Hmmm. Interesting.

It WAS 'conservatives' that got us here. The only people I've heard cheering for the failure of America ARE 'conservatives'...

Almost every economist from liberal to conservative said that without the interventions of TARP and the stimulus bill, America's economy would have crashed, eating up every American's 401k and independent retirement account.

The REAL irony: Republicans put party ahead of the people, the country and the economy.

Obama’s Deficit Commission
February 18, 2010

The present era of polarization may have reached its nadir on January 25, 2010. That was the day Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell led a filibuster to kill a deficit reduction commission — something he’d loudly demanded earlier. All it took was President Obama’s endorsement to turn McConnell and the six Senate Republicans who co-sponsored it against the bill.

Senate Republicans, have you no shame? Well, keep in mind that this is the same gang that’s now posturing as the saviors of Medicare, which Obama proposes to cut to help pay for health care reform.

Undeterred by the flight of the GOP’s fiscal chicken hawks, President Obama today unveiled an 18-member special commission to tackle the nation’s budget crisis. Named to lead the panel were Democrat Erskine Bowles, chief of staff to President Clinton, and former Senate Republican leader Alan Simpson.
Obama's Deficit Commission

You had eight years, and totally screwed this nation. Do you really think we want to give you dingleberries another chance?

And the DEMS have had Congress since '06. Obama has tripled what he was 'Given'...Hows that unemployment figure? 10%?

Not getting better? It ain't Bush...or Republicans...

Democrat Statists OWN this...Lock, Stock, Barrel.

And they want to expand on FAILURE.

Way to GO...:clap2:

Yep.

And the following concept is far too intellectual for the average liberal pervert to grasp, but I'm gonna say it anyway:

The liberal ideology shows itself in many forms. Sometimes as a teacher, a writer, a judge, a lawyer, and of course, a politician. It may be disguised with a D or an R by it's name, in the color red, blue, and especially green, but the threat remains in all forms.

They can't grasp that Bush......for all he may have done right, his wrongs were done as a LIBERAL. He spent too much. He left the border open. Liberal ideals carried out by someone with an "R" by his name is still unacceptable, hence the Tea Party rooting out the Republican Party as we speak.

It's the ideology of liberalism that should be feared, not just the form in which is appears.

Like him or hate him? Michael Savage is spot on declaring Liberalism as a Mental Disorder.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Really? In what European nations is this the case?

Income Inequality Is At An All-Time High: STUDY

Income inequality in the United States is at an all-time high, surpassing even levels seen during the Great Depression, according to a recently updated paper by University of California, Berkeley Professor Emmanuel Saez. The paper, which covers data through 2007, points to a staggering, unprecedented disparity in American incomes. On his blog, Nobel prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman called the numbers "truly amazing."

Though income inequality has been growing for some time, the paper paints a stark, disturbing portrait of wealth distribution in America. Saez calculates that in 2007 the top .01 percent of American earners took home 6 percent of total U.S. wages, a figure that has nearly doubled since 2000.

Is a garbageman and a doctor supposed to have the same income?

The sad thing is that we can reverse this if we got the right people in. It's not too late, but can it be done?

I think it's fair to say that the globalist left, including Obama, Clintons, Pelosi, etc, are more than happy to see America's standing fall to that of most of the rest of the world. They truly aren't comfortable living in a superpower and want us knocked down to everyone else's level. They're fine with that. Anyone who argues otherwise is, well, just a fu**ing idiot because they can't see reality playing out in front of them.

And, the globalist ideals aren't just the left. Some on the right have them also. Bush had some of those views as well.

The difference? On the right, we have the Tea Party types trying to clean out the cancer that has taken the Republican Party over. And we're doing it quick.

We need our well intentioned friends on the left to stop the Obama worship and start doing the same to their "side" or this country is doomed.

You had eight years, and totally screwed this nation. Do you really think we want to give you dingleberries another chance?

According to all of the polls, it is certainly looking that way.

Saw the news today that the CBO said by 2020, we'll be bankrupt if we stay this course. That our only hope is to cut spending by 20%, leaving us with little more than medicare, medicaid, maybe SS, and defense. Any other way, we go broke, bankrupt. I'm sure many liberals will cheer at the demise and fall of our powerful nation, but it's true, it's gonna happen if we stay this course.

What does that mean? It means the utopian dream of liberalism is dead in the water. It will never happen. We'll never be able to actually fund this healthcare overhaul. Welfare will dry up. Municipal services will be dwindled down to fire, police, ems, road maintenance.

In short, conservatism is going to win out....by default. We'll have no other choice. We'll all have to work harder. Save more. Be more responsible. More self-reliant.

Is reveling in the demise of America a good thing?

Ironic, isn't it? Liberal spending and ideals have led us into bankruptcy

I'm pretty sure George Bush and Ronald Reagan weren't liberals.

Is reveling in the demise of America a good thing?

Ironic, isn't it? Liberal spending and ideals have led us into bankruptcy

I'm pretty sure George Bush and Ronald Reagan weren't liberals.

They were liberals in their willingness to bust the budget and expand the size of government, Bush much moreso than Reagan. The only President we have had since Teddy Roosevelt who resisted the temptation to do that was Coolidge. Bush especailly was very liberal in his energy policy, his senior prescription med initiative, no child left behind, immigration, and unwillingness to roll back unnecessary spending to keep the deficits from rising. It was that mentality that sunk the GOP in 2006 and 2008.

Never in our wildest nightmares, however, did any of us imagine the blatant dishonesty in campaigning that we saw in our current President. He was elected on the promise of reining in government excesses, on fiscal integrity and restraint, and a balanced budget.

I wonder how many people who voted for him would pay a handsome sum to get their vote back now? Or how many of those who threw away their votes on third party candidates or just stayed away from the polls would like a second chance now?

The sad thing is that we can reverse this if we got the right people in. It's not too late, but can it be done?

I think it's fair to say that the globalist left, including Obama, Clintons, Pelosi, etc, are more than happy to see America's standing fall to that of most of the rest of the world. They truly aren't comfortable living in a superpower and want us knocked down to everyone else's level. They're fine with that. Anyone who argues otherwise is, well, just a fu**ing idiot because they can't see reality playing out in front of them.

And, the globalist ideals aren't just the left. Some on the right have them also. Bush had some of those views as well.

The difference? On the right, we have the Tea Party types trying to clean out the cancer that has taken the Republican Party over. And we're doing it quick.

We need our well intentioned friends on the left to stop the Obama worship and start doing the same to their "side" or this country is doomed.

In less that 2 years, this administration has greatly compounded the problems. We need to get serious about who we vote for and lose the partisan bs. The problem is that most of them lie and say what they know we want to hear to get elected. Time for new blood all the way around. I don't see how it can be much worse that it is now.

Profligate defense spending, starting with Reagan, is what has pushed us toward bankruptcy. When conservatives sign on to putting defense on the cutting board, I'll believe they're serious about getting the fiscal house in order.
You're friggin' high.

Non-discretionary (read: entitlement handout) spending dwarfs military expenditures.

The real spending train wreck is in entitlements....Something neither the remocrats nor depublicans have the spine to deal with.

You put up a chart that shows defense to be the single biggest item in the budget that draws from general revenues (we PAY specifically into SS and medicare) while trying to make the point that defense isn't a big ticket item?

lolol

The main thing we need to cut is defense - SERIOUSLY CUT DEFENSE (we should also probably change the name to "intervention"). The MIC cash cow is what is sucking the very life out of this country and has been since Reagan. Imagine where we'd be with all the money back that has been borrowed for the STUPID, USELESS war on "terror". Bring our soldiers home. Deploy specially trained intelligence officers to be our ears over there and defend our homeland AS IS THE INTENT OF DEFENSE. Seal our ports and borders and operate like we are a country with one brain cell between us for a change. Sheesh.

How ridiculous can you be? Just totally gut national defense huh? If we had followed your advice in th 80s we'd be the ones in Russia's shoes right now. How is that working out for them (not that they had it good before )?

There needs to be some accountability in the defense budget for sure, but that could be said of the entire budget.

You dreamers who want to pretend the whole world would get along with us just fine if we'd just disband our military and play nice are fools.

How were the Russians going to take over the US in the eighties if Reagan didn't bust the budget with his handout to the defense lobby?

Explain that to us and be SPECIFIC.

You're friggin' high.

You put up a chart that shows defense to be the single biggest item in the budget that draws from general revenues (we PAY specifically into SS and medicare) while trying to make the point that defense isn't a big ticket item?

lolol
Can you even read and play "which of these numbers is bigger than the other"?

simp

I will sit back & laugh about these fools for the next 10 years. I hope they crank the hell out of the printing presses.

I have piles of gold, 1000 acre farm, 4 houses, 5kw wind generator, 5kw solar panels, 10kw grid-tied battery back-up, 2,500gal fuel, 30kw diesel generator, 60' green house, 3 deep wells & sewer lagoons. All this is paid for.

Other than PHEV Hybrid pick-up truck, I don't need shit from these commies. I will sit back & watch them die off so I don't have to listen to their whining any more.

Well then...you ought to be rooting for you the Insiders to destroy this nation.

Obviously the thought that you will be the last man standing gives you a stiffy.

Forum List

Back