CBO says US likely to fall off 'fiscal cliff' if Bush-era tax cuts allowed to expire

they are the minority in the government by the choice of the people.

WHY should they get their way?

CBO continues to scream that the USA is on a budget path for fiscal destruction.

For the third year in a row, our Senate majority leader has simply refused to do his Constitutional duty and pass a budget resolution.

Worst. Ever.

The Minority is NOT supposed to rule the country.

That is NOT what the founders designed

True, but the founders also intended to allow the minority to have their say and not be steamrollered by the majority either. Both sides were supposed to work together to arrive at solutions that are at least minimally acceptable to both. Which of course the pols on both sides are not doing. You point to the TPers as not being cooperative; fair enough, but there's only about 80 of 'em in the House. You tell me, how many hardline dems are there on the other side who are just as committed to not giving an inch either? I'm sick and tired of the lib/dem bullshit that it's only the repubs who are obstructionist. I haven't seen the lib/dems offer one bit in the way of concessions to meet the GOP halfway.

The Minority is NOT supposed to rule the country.

That is NOT what the founders designed

True, but the founders also intended to allow the minority to have their say and not be steamrollered by the majority either. Both sides were supposed to work together to arrive at solutions that are at least minimally acceptable to both. Which of course the pols on both sides are not doing. You point to the TPers as not being cooperative; fair enough, but there's only about 80 of 'em in the House. You tell me, how many hardline dems are there on the other side who are just as committed to not giving an inch either? I'm sick and tired of the lib/dem bullshit that it's only the repubs who are obstructionist. I haven't seen the lib/dems offer one bit in the way of concessions to meet the GOP halfway.

Look who have been the detractors that have gotten in the way of Obama.....it's democrats.

Balancing the budget and sparking the economy are contradictory. You do one, you will hurt the other

Complete nonsense, of course.

Republican Governors Prove Conservative Economic Principles Work
Republicans get results.

Republican Governors Prove Conservative Economic Principles Work - HUMAN EVENTS

Republican principles have been proven wrong for thirty years. Cutting taxes leads to more debt.

Cutting taxes has never led to more debt. The only way to take on debt is to spend more than you take in.

While I agree that there should be spending cuts, I agree with a large majority of economists who say that cutting spending in a big way while the country's economy is still fragile is basically suicide for this country's economy.
I also agree that taxes should not be raised during a fragile economy.
However, I also agree that all should sacrifice, not just Main Street America who has been the hardest hit by the second biggest downturn in our country's history.
Why should just the poor and Middle Class suffer? Isn't that just another step towards plutocracy?
We should reduce corporate taxes and offset it with adjustments to income taxes.

Republican Governors Prove Conservative Economic Principles Work
Republicans get results.

Republican Governors Prove Conservative Economic Principles Work - HUMAN EVENTS

Republican principles have been proven wrong for thirty years. Cutting taxes leads to more debt.

Cutting taxes has never led to more debt. The only way to take on debt is to spend more than you take in.

Please don't post anything that might make sense.

It tends to cause them headaches.

Like Coolidge in the 1920 Depression nobody even talks about?
Like Cameron's austerity program and the UK falling back into recession.

Is recession always a bad thing ?
About the only good thing about a recession is that it cures inflation. Recessions cause a lot of hardships for those that are least equipped to bear it. From a more global view, a boom and bust economy is inefficient. Both capital and resources are wasted. The best scenario is a steadily growing economy with low inflation and full employment, a major goal of economy policy.

Like Cameron's austerity program and the UK falling back into recession.

Is recession always a bad thing ?
About the only good thing about a recession is that it cures inflation. Recessions cause a lot of hardships for those that are least equipped to bear it. From a more global view, a boom and bust economy is inefficient. Both capital and resources are wasted. The best scenario is a steadily growing economy with low inflation and full employment, a major goal of economy policy.

But the aswer to my questions lies in you response with regard to boom and bust.

A recession is a correction to a boom.

Many people I know who could not afford houses before....now can. My buying power is up in many areas.

I agree that it causes hardships on those least likely to deal with them.

Forum List

Back