CBO Says Republicans Right On Health Care...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
This is a pretty big story that isn't getting much play in the MSM but some are beginning to pick up on it. The CBO has just released their report on the Republican Health Care plan and it shows their plan will indeed cost less. The thing i like most about this Republican Plan is that there will be no fines or imprisonment for not having Health Insurance. Their Bill is also much more streamlined and easier to understand,unlike the Pelosi & Reid Behemoths. This really is amazing considering the Democrats have locked the Republicans out of numerous meetings concerning Health Care legislation. In fact they just did that again today. So while this Republican Plan is not perfect,it does seem like it is a more logical & reasonable start to real Health Care reform.

Their plan reduces costs,reduces the deficit,doesn't raise taxes,and most importantly doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Hey it's not perfect but i'll definitely take this over Pelosi & Reid's disastrous Behemoths any day.

Last edited:
The only problem with the plan, which is the same problem with hr3962, is that it leaves millions of americans uninsured.

However since both plans leave millions without insurance i'd choose the cheaper plan that also seeks to keep the freedom of choice in the hand of the individual citizen over the other plan that socializes the health care and insurance industries at a much higher price tag.

The only problem with the plan, which is the same problem with hr3962, is that it leaves millions of americans uninsured.

However since both plans leave millions without insurance i'd choose the cheaper plan that also seeks to keep the freedom of choice in the hand of the individual citizen over the other plan that socializes the health care and insurance industries at a much higher price tag.

52 million uninsured vs 18 million. You seriously think that the cheaper plan does anything?

I'm not saying I support the Democrat's current plan, but use common sense.

FYI: It sure does cost less to put a bandage on a gaping wound then to actually fix the wound. That is the Republican plan in a nutshell.

Man at least you can read the Republican Plan. The Democrat Plan is a disastrous behemoth which can't even be interpreted or understood by the same Democrats who wrote it. Hey they've been locked out of numerous meetings by the Democrats on Health Care legislation,yet they do seem to have come up with a more realistic and coherent plan. I have to give them some credit for accomplishing that feat.

52 million uninsured vs 18 million. You seriously think that the cheaper plan does anything?

Neither plan fixes the problem so I dont really support either one.

Like i've said many times I am for the "1 aspect at a time" approach to fixing our health care woes.

HR3962, so far, seems to actually increase the cost of health insurance for all americans while still leaving a vast number uninsured. I definately dont like that....i can handle 6% of my income for insurance I can't handle 18%. It also takes away my freedom to choose lighter and less expensive health coverage.

I think the republican plan, as it stands, does only put a bandage on the wound. The demcorat plan HR3962 fixes one wound by creating 3 more that were worse than the first one.

Last edited:

Yup. On one side, costs more, less freedom, insures a few more. On the other side, costs less, insures a few less, more freedom.

I don't fancy paying more for less freedoms. Seems rather obvious.

Like i said,you can at least read the Republican Plan. The Pelosi & Reid behemoth can't even be read or understood by Pelosi & Reid themselves. This Republican Plan is not perfect but is a realistic start to real Health Care reform.

First let's define the problem and then we can look at solutions.
Is the problem that 40M people are uninsured? Not really. Of those 40M, 10M are illegals. About 10M are eligible for existing programs. And about 5M could afford coverage bt choose not to buy it. That leaves about 10M uninsured. A $1T package to cover 10M is absurd on its face.
Is the problem that insurance costs are too high? Well, they are high largely because each state mandates specific coverage and controls entry into the marketplace. The Feds can use their legitimate power under Interstate Commerce and eliminate that. Cost to the gov't: zero.
Is the problem that health care costs are high? A lot of that has to do with little financial incentives for maintaining a healthier lifestyle. Company insurnace policies, which is how most people get insurance, cover most things and dont ding people for being overweight, smoking or being alcoholic. Companies that have sought to control costs by encouraging better health have been succesful.
Another issue is that Medicare reimburses at lower rates than cost. So the cost must be made up by payers. Increase medicare reimbursements to something like market and that subsidy will go away.
In all there are tons of solutions already known or proposed. The gov't plan (whatever it is this week) will solve none of those problems.

Do people really believe that Pelosi & Reid actually understand their own legislation? No one can understand their massive debacle at this point. At least the Republicans have presented a realistic and coherent plan.

Yup. On one side, costs more, less freedom, insures a few more. On the other side, costs less, insures a few less, more freedom.

What freedom do you personally lose?

This is a pretty big story that isn't getting much play in the MSM but some are beginning to pick up on it. The CBO has just released their report on the Republican Health Care plan and it shows their plan will indeed cost less. The thing i like most about this Republican Plan is that there will be no fines or imprisonment for not having Health Insurance. Their Bill is also much more streamlined and easier to understand,unlike the Pelosi & Reid Behemoths. This really is amazing considering the Democrats have locked the Republicans out of numerous meetings concerning Health Care legislation. In fact they just did that again today. So while this Republican Plan is not perfect,it does seem like it is a more logical & reasonable start to real Health Care reform.

Reason it isn't getting much play? It isn't true.

The freedom to use my personal earnings only for the personal responsibilities of myself... my personal property rights...

As stated SO many times.. you do not have the right to have your personal responsibilities and well being paid for by infringing on the personal freedoms of another... Others do not exist to take care of your personal responsibilities and well being... you are not entitled to something for your personal well being at my expense or anyone else's expense

Is that simple enough for you?

Hey they had me at lowering the costs,lowering the deficit,no tax increase,and not fining and imprisoning American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. My God,no one knows what Reid & Pelosi's massive debacle is all about. You have to give the Republicans some credit for at least presenting a more realistic & coherent plan. That's my take anyway.

The freedom to choose a lighter plan that costs less for one.

So why the fuck are we spending our grandkids money on something that will still leave 18fuckingmillion people uninsured?
No doubt the republican plan apparently sucks ass as well, which only serves to illustrate the need for more thinking about this before spending the massive amount of money, and bureaucracy this thing will require.

So why the fuck are we spending our grandkids money on something that will still leave 18fuckingmillion people uninsured?
No doubt the republican plan apparently sucks ass as well, which only serves to illustrate the need for more thinking about this before spending the massive amount of money, and bureaucracy this thing will require.

Thats what i'm talking about!!!!!!

Tackle it 1 issue at a time so we dont get some half-assed bill.

Seriously,i don't think even Reid & Pelosi understand their own plan at this point. It's just such a massive debacle. Fining Citizens for not having Health Insurance? Yikes! This new Republican plan is at least streamlined and coherent. Hey it's a start in my opinion.

Forum List

Back