CBO report February 2012

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
The rate of unemployment in the United States has
exceeded 8 percent since February 2009, making the past
three years the longest stretch of high unemployment in
this country since the Great Depression.
Moreover, the
Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the
unemployment rate will remain above 8 percent until
2014. The official unemployment rate excludes those
individuals who would like to work but have not searched
for a job in the past four weeks as well as those who are
working part-time but would prefer full-time work; if
those people were counted among the unemployed, the
unemployment rate in January 2012 would have been
about 15 percent. Compounding the problem of high
unemployment, the share of unemployed people looking
for work for more than six months—referred to as the
long-term unemployed—topped 40 percent in December
2009 for the first time since 1948, when such data began
to be collected; it has remained above that level ever
since.

read entire report here

does it matter? Does the CBO ever get anything right? They are good at looking at things in hindsight but who isn't? A group of non-economists telling us what the economy is going to be like, I'm not even going to check but I bet half of them have degrees in law.
I'm not even saying they are wrong, I'm mainly saying they are guessing, a guess that is as good as half of the guesses from this board.
I will even challenge them, unemployment by how it is calculated by the government is under 8% by end of this ear

But Obama and his friends told us we were not in a recession... That's what happenes when you dump Trillions into the market, $$ goes up but things somehow get worse.

does it matter? Does the CBO ever get anything right? They are good at looking at things in hindsight but who isn't? A group of non-economists telling us what the economy is going to be like, I'm not even going to check but I bet half of them have degrees in law.
I'm not even saying they are wrong, I'm mainly saying they are guessing, a guess that is as good as half of the guesses from this board.
I will even challenge them, unemployment by how it is calculated by the government is under 8% by end of this ear

You are dumb.

But Obama and his friends told us we were not in a recession... That's what happenes when you dump Trillions into the market, $$ goes up but things somehow get worse.

Christinia Romer is an idiot, but at least she had enough brain cells to call it quits.

But they got Obamacare right huh leftie?

But they got Obamacare right huh leftie?

I'm not a leftie and I don't believe I ever said they got obamacare right.
So ethier you are saying that you agree with me, or you are saying that Obamacare will actually lower the deficit, you can't have it both ways.

The rate of unemployment in the United States has
exceeded 8 percent since February 2009, making the past
three years the longest stretch of high unemployment in
this country since the Great Depression.
Moreover, the
Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the
unemployment rate will remain above 8 percent until
2014. The official unemployment rate excludes those
individuals who would like to work but have not searched
for a job in the past four weeks as well as those who are
working part-time but would prefer full-time work; if
those people were counted among the unemployed, the
unemployment rate in January 2012 would have been
about 15 percent. Compounding the problem of high
unemployment, the share of unemployed people looking
for work for more than six months—referred to as the
long-term unemployed—topped 40 percent in December
2009 for the first time since 1948, when such data began
to be collected; it has remained above that level ever
since.

read entire report here

Sure, Bush fucked up, but this is since January 2009 Obama's economy. He has been the single worst economic president in the last 70 years. Defend that Obama.

Forum List

Back