CBO report confirms wealthy are paying MORE than their 'fair share'

The information on the link is absolutely meaningless. What is reflected is nothing more than the fact that we have a progressive tax scheme, whereby portions of income at higher levels incur higher taxation rates. The phenomenon that is seen in the graph is that higher tax brackets pay a higher portion of taxes, than the portion of income they earn, while lower brackets pay a lower share of taxes than the share of income they earn. THAT IS GOING TO BE TRUE BY THE VERY NATURE AND DEFINITION OF A PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM. Even if the income tax rate for the lowest tax bracket was 5%, and the highest tax bracket was 10%, the same phenomenon would be observed. It's a tautological correlation.

Is there anyone here that didn't know that about our tax system?

Yes - they are called liberals. They keep screaming the wealthy "doesn't pay their fair share" despite the fact that the wealthy is paying for everything. The one's not paying their fair share are the liberals.

What the chart shows is that 1% of the population (the wealthies) pays 23% of the taxes. Now that alone is astounding and sad, but what's really eye-popping is that they earn 13% of the total wealth. So however you crunch these numbers, this is simply unfair. The left would have you believe (as they state over and over and over) that the top 10% has 90% of the wealth in this country. Well, the CBO just PROVED that is a LIE.

I'm so sick of liberals and ther lies. If you want Communism, have the decensy to declare that, then stand up and make an argument for Communism based on FACTS, not lies.

They use a different more progressive and compassionate calculator than the rest of us

Last edited:
They keep screaming the wealthy "doesn't pay their fair share" despite the fact that the wealthy is paying for everything.

Completely false. I pay taxes. I'm hardly wealthy.

The one's not paying their fair share are the liberals.

So, you're saying that there are no wealthy liberals? :cuckoo:

What the chart shows is that 1% of the population (the wealthies) pays 23% of the taxes. Now that alone is astounding and sad, but what's really eye-popping is that they earn 13% of the total wealth. So however you crunch these numbers, this is simply unfair.

I've already explained, in ANY progressive taxation scheme the top brackets will always pay a higher percentage of total taxes than the share of income they receive. The only way that would be different is if a completely flat tax were implemented, with exactly zero loopholes or deductions.

Again, that is a tautological consequence of a progressive tax system that taxes higher brackets at higher rates. Even if we only had two brackets, with a dividing line at $80,000, and the difference between rates was that the higher bracket paid 1% more, the higher bracket would always be paying a greater share of the tax burden than the share of income that they receive.

You can be absolutely correct and have defined a system that is designed to be fair? Just because it is progressive doesn't mean that the rich, and everyone else paying taxes, are not paying more then their fair share. But when someone pays no taxes and even gets money in return that seems unfair.

To be honest, I could care less if our taxation system is "fair." I just want it to be effective in the practical world.

Oh......My.......GOD!!! You have just posted the most ignorant post in the history of message boards. Congratulations, you have humiliated yourself far beyond even your normal standards.

Being too lazy and too ignorant to read, you just posted a link to the CBO that 100% corroborates what my post said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey stupid, click your link. On the page it takes you to, click on "Screen Friendly .PDF" version in the upper left corner. Now, scroll down to page 6 (listed in bold in the upper right corner) of the document, page 7 of the pdf itself.

Now, read paragraph 3, sentence 2 (it sticks out because it is immediately followed by "see Figure 2 which is in bold and blue type).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, I took the time to READ the entire document. Being the stupid, ignorant, radical liberal parasite you are, you didn't bother to read anything.

Everyone knows this already. Liberals just don't think the rate is high enough.

Sadly, thanks to our President getting free air time anytime he wants, many people DONT know this already.

If one wants to be honest and debate with integrity with the intention of a faier compromise coming out of it, they would say:

"whereas the wealthy pay a very large share into the system, it is only them we can turn to during these most difficult time in an effort to minimize our debt while recovering as a nation"

If one is not interested in a compromise and, instead, believes the best approach is creating class envy so a one sided result can be achieved, he will say:

"the rich need to start paying their fair share"

And thus why I am convinced that Obama does not understand what it means to be a leader.

We, as a nation, are victims of a President who believed "on the job training" was appropriate for the highest position in the free world.

You should change your user name.

Pretending to be InTheMiddle would be more accurate.

And you should change yours to "raging partisan hack."

Grampa Marked U does not claim to be anything BUT on the right...so your response is inappropriate....and quite frankly, doesnt make sense.

On the other hand, you claim, via your screen name, to be "in the middle".

You are not...and we all know it.

The evidence continues to mount that liberals are lying about everything. The numbers are pretty astounding (and sad):

CBO Report Confirms Rich Already Pay Their "Fair Share"

Why are you only looking at one tax?

5-26-11tax-f2.jpg

You should change your user name.

Pretending to be InTheMiddle would be more accurate.

Grampa Marked U does not claim to be anything BUT on the right...so your response is inappropriate....and quite frankly, doesnt make sense.

a morjority of republicans say the wealthy should pay more

You're awfully quiet over there LiesMatters. Not willing to retract you statement that was clearly wrong? No integrity left in you at all?

The information on the link is absolutely meaningless. What is reflected is nothing more than the fact that we have a progressive tax scheme, whereby portions of income at higher levels incur higher taxation rates. The phenomenon that is seen in the graph is that higher tax brackets pay a higher portion of taxes, than the portion of income they earn, while lower brackets pay a lower share of taxes than the share of income they earn. THAT IS GOING TO BE TRUE BY THE VERY NATURE AND DEFINITION OF A PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM. Even if the income tax rate for the lowest tax bracket was 5%, and the highest tax bracket was 10%, the same phenomenon would be observed. It's a tautological correlation.

Of course they know it. Do you understand the question at all?

The wealthy ARE ALREADY PAYING their fair share.

Understand it yet?

You want an increase in taxes? Cuts spending. That way, the taxes you collect will go further.

The evidence continues to mount that liberals are lying about everything. The numbers are pretty astounding (and sad):

CBO Report Confirms Rich Already Pay Their "Fair Share"

Why are you only looking at one tax?

5-26-11tax-f2.jpg

Link the source.
Why bother? It is a dishonest chart. The chart reflects something completely different from the discussion.

How many wealthy people do you think actually earn an income through wages? Think about it.

What is a morjority? Is that larger than a 'minerity'?

Yes - they are called liberals. They keep screaming the wealthy "doesn't pay their fair share" despite the fact that the wealthy is paying for everything. The one's not paying their fair share are the liberals.

What the chart shows is that 1% of the population (the wealthies) pays 23% of the taxes. Now that alone is astounding and sad, but what's really eye-popping is that they earn 13% of the total wealth. So however you crunch these numbers, this is simply unfair. The left would have you believe (as they state over and over and over) that the top 10% has 90% of the wealth in this country. Well, the CBO just PROVED that is a LIE.

I'm so sick of liberals and ther lies. If you want Communism, have the decensy to declare that, then stand up and make an argument for Communism based on FACTS, not lies.
the top 1% holds 43% of the financial wealth of our country.
top 1 percent of Americans control 43 percent of the financial wealth
and they have garnered more and more of america's total wealth and total income.
average_income_and_change_in_share_of_income.jpg

I don't blame them, I am not envious of them, my parents fall in to that top 1%-10%....

so, please don't start with the garbage of being envious...

but what the chart does show, based off of the latest gvt figures from the CBO, that were available at the time of the graph, is that the middle class is losing ground, BIGTIME.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back