CBO: Obama stimulus still boosting jobs

it does not take rocket science to know that if you take a half a trillion dollars and dedicate it to creating jobs, it will create jobs.

That was never the issue.

The issue was "can we do things better, more effectively, and not have to borrow a trillion dollars to do it.

The GOP, and conservatives believed more jobs would have been created by borrowing no money at all and instead concentrate all efforts to incentivize the private sector to expand and thus hire.

lol...I love how you guys tout the obvious as "a great thing"....

Anyone do the math yet? How much did each job cost us in borrowed money and how much of that cost does the "employee" actually recieve?

Answer: Read my upcoming thread's initial post.

The only people who doubt the stimulus worked are right wing hacks.

The same ones who deny science to retain their historically failed ideas.

stimulus_110818.jpg

yeah thats why business, since the stimulus, is down 30%....because it worked so good?

Thats why unemployment is still at 9%

Thats also why the markets are so volitile.

Or was the intention of the administration and democrat congress to hurt the economy? That would be the only way you can say it worked.

Second best post of this thread

Image borrowed from the best one ;)

If the stimulus was as big a failure as the Right would have us believe, then they wouldn't have to lie about it to make the case.

What was the unemployment rate before the stimulus passed and what is it now?

How many people were recieving food stamps before the stimulus passed and how many are recieving them now?

Come up with those numbers and tell me the stimulus worked and I'll call you a liar.
The date the law passed is meaningless. It's when the effects of the law hit the economy that's important. People did not see the payroll tax cut till May 2009 and the first fund allocations began in the fall of 2009 when unemployment was at 10.1%.

If the stimulus was as big a failure as the Right would have us believe, then they wouldn't have to lie about it to make the case.

What was the unemployment rate before the stimulus passed and what is it now?

How many people were recieving food stamps before the stimulus passed and how many are recieving them now?

Come up with those numbers and tell me the stimulus worked and I'll call you a liar.
The date the law passed is meaningless. It's when the effects of the law hit the economy that's important. People did not see the payroll tax cut till May 2009 and the first fund allocations began in the fall of 2009 when unemployment was at 10.1%.

The date the law passed is meaningless.

What was the fucking dates tap dancer?

Forum List

Back