CBO Cuts U.S. Growth Forecast Amid Warnings on Trade Spats

What ever shall Persons on the Right Wing in Congress, assembled, say; should St. Peter ask them--why didn't you simply Tax the Rich into Heaven and save the Poor, a lot of "heartache and grief"?

He did, I can not provide examples from fone(do not know how) but Google is your friend.

I'll be happy to wait for your eventual examples.
Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

Ok here goes from the piece I read through, assume 95% is plagiarized so I will skip the quotations.
The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts. 1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare. In 1984 another bill closed tax loopholes, tax historian(they actually have this kinda thing, lol) Joseph Thorndike called the bills of 82 and 84 the largest tax increases inacted in peacetime.
The tax reform act of 1986, sought to symplify the tax system by eliminating many deductions, REDUCING THE HIIGHEST MARGINAL RATE GET AGAIN, and reducing the number of tax brackets.

Federal revenue share of GDP fell from 19.6% in fiscal 1981to 17.3% in 1984 before riding back to 18.4% by fiscal 1989, because he had to raise taxes to increase revenue again and was still at a 1.2% shortfall.

Personal income tax revenue fell during this period relative to GDP. The 1981 cut in the top regular tax rate on unearned income reduced the maximum capital gains rate to only 20% it's lowest level since the Hoover admin. The 1986 act set the dates on ordinary income like salaries and waves with both topping out at 28%. Reagan significantly reduced max tax rate from 70% to 50%. In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

Reagan raised taxes 11 times over the course of his presidency. The 1982 tax increase was substantially larger than Clinton's 1993 tax increase.

The 11 increases took back over half of his original tax cut. But he still managed to make sure the richest got a decrease from 70% to 28.4%! This the biggest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy in the history of the world!

Cellblock, I did not find that under RM's stuff, neither you or I know what he does or doesn't have but keep up the partisan hackery!

The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts

Undo? Does that mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and in 1982 it rose to 28% or does it mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and was scheduled to drop to 20% in 1983 but they kept it at 25%?

1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare.

What was the rate before, what was the rate when Reagan was done?
What would the rate have been if he did nothing?

In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

View attachment 211055

Historical Income Tax Rates and Brackets, 1862-2013 - Tax Foundation

Where do you see a middle class tax hike that "paid for this shortfall"?

Reagan raised taxes 11 times over the course of his presidency. The 1982 tax increase was substantially larger than Clinton's 1993 tax increase.

Saying he raised taxes in 1982 without showing which taxes he actually raised is still pointless.

Thanks for your attempt. Please let me know if you find anything more substantial.

That is what the piece said, I did not write it I did however plagiarize it.

Did he not raise taxes numerous times or not?

Did he?
Share a few examples.
Tax rate before he raised them, date he raised them, rate after he raised them.

Thanks!!

He did, I can not provide examples from fone(do not know how) but Google is your friend.

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

Ok here goes from the piece I read through, assume 95% is plagiarized so I will skip the quotations.
The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts. 1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare. In 1984 another bill closed tax loopholes, tax historian(they actually have this kinda thing, lol) Joseph Thorndike called the bills of 82 and 84 the largest tax increases inacted in peacetime.
The tax reform act of 1986, sought to symplify the tax system by eliminating many deductions, REDUCING THE HIIGHEST MARGINAL RATE GET AGAIN, and reducing the number of tax brackets.

Federal revenue share of GDP fell from 19.6% in fiscal 1981to 17.3% in 1984 before riding back to 18.4% by fiscal 1989, because he had to raise taxes to increase revenue again and was still at a 1.2% shortfall.

Personal income tax revenue fell during this period relative to GDP. The 1981 cut in the top regular tax rate on unearned income reduced the maximum capital gains rate to only 20% it's lowest level since the Hoover admin. The 1986 act set the dates on ordinary income like salaries and waves with both topping out at 28%. Reagan significantly reduced max tax rate from 70% to 50%. In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

The 11 increases took back over half of his original tax cut. But he still managed to make sure the richest got a decrease from 70% to 28.4%! This the biggest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy in the history of the world!

Cellblock, I did not find that under RM's stuff, neither you or I know what he does or doesn't have but keep up the partisan hackery!
/——/ How the hell is letting people keep more of their money a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich? That’s just plain stupid. The original tax cuts were too aggressive so they had to be readjusted. You are calling those adjustments a tax hike. Besides the democRATs double crossed Reagan and never cut spending like they agreed. I know, I was in my 30s and working when Reagan was president. Just give it a rest.

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

/——/ How the hell is letting people keep more of their money a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich? That’s just plain stupid. The original tax cuts were too aggressive so they had to be readjusted. You are calling those adjustments a tax hike. Besides the democRATs double crossed Reagan and never cut spending like they agreed. I know, I was in my 30s and working when Reagan was president. Just give it a rest.[/QUOTE
The piece stated that Raygun raised taxes 11 times, take it up with him or her! However if taxes went from $10 dollars to let's say $11, that would mean they were raised. Just how the world works and math!

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

The 1982 tax increases undue a third of the 1981 tax cuts

Undo? Does that mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and in 1982 it rose to 28% or does it mean in 1981 a rate was 25% and was scheduled to drop to 20% in 1983 but they kept it at 25%?

1983 payroll increases in AS and Medicare.

What was the rate before, what was the rate when Reagan was done?
What would the rate have been if he did nothing?

In 1986 he further reduced it to 28%. So guess whose taxes increased to pay for this shortfall, you got it the middle class.

View attachment 211055

Historical Income Tax Rates and Brackets, 1862-2013 - Tax Foundation

Where do you see a middle class tax hike that "paid for this shortfall"?

Saying he raised taxes in 1982 without showing which taxes he actually raised is still pointless.

Thanks for your attempt. Please let me know if you find anything more substantial.

That is what the piece said, I did not write it I did however plagiarize it.

I have no doubt that the piece said that.
I've seen many pieces that make such claims with zero specifics.
They're not very helpful to prove those claims.

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

/——/ How the hell is letting people keep more of their money a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich? That’s just plain stupid. The original tax cuts were too aggressive so they had to be readjusted. You are calling those adjustments a tax hike. Besides the democRATs double crossed Reagan and never cut spending like they agreed. I know, I was in my 30s and working when Reagan was president. Just give it a rest.[/QUOTE
The piece stated that Raygun raised taxes 11 times, take it up with him or her! However if taxes went from $10 dollars to let's say $11, that would mean they were raised. Just how the world works and math!

However if taxes went from $10 dollars to let's say $11, that would mean they were raised. Just how the world works and math!

And if taxes went from $11 to $10 and were scheduled to drop to $9, but they stayed at $10, that wouldn't mean they were raised. Because math. Right?

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

However if taxes went from $10 dollars to let's say $11, that would mean they were raised. Just how the world works and math!

And if taxes went from $11 to $10 and were scheduled to drop to $9, but they stayed at $10, that wouldn't mean they were raised. Because math. Right?
/——/ Here is why Regan had to readjust the tax cuts. Feckless democRATs can’t keep their word. Scroll down to the 1980s deal: You are being redirected...

Still looking?

/——/ Here is why Regan had to readjust the tax cuts. Feckless democRATs can’t keep their word. Scroll down to the 1980s deal: You are being redirected...

They lie, always.
Like they lied about amnesty.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

No that is not a raise, I mean WTF I never even tried to make that analogy.

Still looking?

I never said you did.
I suspect those that claimed Reagan raised taxes 11 times, or that his 1982 increase was huge, were trying to make that analogy.

'The Congressional Budget Office slightly lowered its forecast for U.S. economic growth for this year, and warned of increasing uncertainty from American plans to widen tariffs.

The U.S. economy is projected to expand 3.1 percent this year, down from a previous forecast in April of 3.3 percent, the non-partisan group said in a report on Monday. The expansion will ease to 2.4 percent in 2019, unchanged from April’s projection, on slowing growth in business investment and government purchases, the CBO said.'

Terms of Service Violation

Interesting.
Wow the geniuses at the CBO SLIGHTLY lower their guess on growth based on some SWAG on what the effects of Tariffs MIGHT be. Oh man should I sell my house and hide in the mountains? I'm skeered! :auiqs.jpg:

I never said you did.
I suspect those that claimed Reagan raised taxes 11 times, or that his 1982 increase was huge, were trying to make that analogy.

Gotcha, my bad and I have no idea about that piece. However looking through several other articles 11 seems to be a consistent number I have seen.

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

/——/ How the hell is letting people keep more of their money a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich? That’s just plain stupid. The original tax cuts were too aggressive so they had to be readjusted. You are calling those adjustments a tax hike. Besides the democRATs double crossed Reagan and never cut spending like they agreed. I know, I was in my 30s and working when Reagan was president. Just give it a rest.

I am actually for a car power tax rate for all. 15% flat tax with no expenditures. I have had several(far more qualified people than me suggest this may not be the best way) they have suggested a consumption tax on all purchases but good and work clothing. I have not really looked into it much because I do not fully understand it and nobody seems to be able to give a solid number on what that tax would be. Also how would state and local taxes be out into place, interesting topic though.

Take your time.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

I am actually for a car power tax rate for all. 15% flat tax with no expenditures. I have had several(far more qualified people than me suggest this may not be the best way) they have suggested a consumption tax on all purchases but good and work clothing. I have not really looked into it much because I do not fully understand it and nobody seems to be able to give a solid number on what that tax would be. Also how would state and local taxes be out into place, interesting topic though.
/——/ Here in the Bahamas they have a flat 7.5% VAT on everything, no income, cap gains or inheritance tax.

At work, will get back.

Still looking?

/——/ Here in the Bahamas they have a flat 7.5% VAT on everything, no income, cap gains or inheritance tax.

That may be to low of a date to start here, we are $22,000,000,000,000 in debt. But once debt paid the effective rate could easily be dropped lower as long as DC keeps their greedy fingers out of it.

I never said you did.

Gotcha, my bad and I have no idea about that piece. However looking through several other articles 11 seems to be a consistent number I have seen.

11 seems to be a consistent number I have seen.

Yes, hacks copying hacks would give the same result.
No real data needed.

Forum List

Back