CBC Boneheads!

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
I’m watching a CBC newscast where they are saying that they are protected from terrorism because they are the gateway to the United States. This means that since they are a “Gateway” the terrorists would never attack Canada thus shutting the northern door on the United States. My goodness with friends like this who needs enemies?

rcajun90 said:
I’m watching a CBC newscast where they are saying that they are protected from terrorism because they are the gateway to the United States. This means that since they are a “Gateway” the terrorists would never attack Canada thus shutting the northern door on the United States. My goodness with friends like this who needs enemies?

LOL - don't show this post to the Canadian's who post in USMB - many of them don't want to admit "certain issues"... :)

-Cp said:
LOL - don't show this post to the Canadian's who post in USMB - many of them don't want to admit "certain issues"... :)

Perhaps we have the war on terror wrong. We need to attack a few so called Allies to get them on our side. Machiavelli was right, "It is better to be feared than loved". :slap:

All of Canada (or even all of the CBC) feel this way because of one newscast? Using that logic, I could say that watching an Al Franken interview proves that the US is totally left wing. I just went to the CBC website and pulled these 2 stories that show just the opposite, that Canada does not feel safe because "we are the gateway":

'No specific threat,' but Canada could be target: McLellan (Public Safety Minister)
Last Updated Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:38:39 EDT
CBC News

Canada is not immune to the kind of attacks that killed dozens of people using London's public transit network Thursday, security officials warned in the wake of the bombings.
Canadian Security Intelligence Service spokesperson Barbara Campion agreed that Canada shouldn't be complacent about being safe from extremist violence, given its place on the al-Qaeda hit list.
"Our collective freedom has come under assault today by those who would use violence and murder to force extremism upon the world," Martin said.

"We must and we will stand against these terrorists. And we will do so together. And we will prevail." (Prime Minister Martin)

Link

Navy to add extra protection around fleet
Last Updated Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:01:39 EDT
CBC News

The Canadian navy will erect barriers around its warships and other vessels in Halifax Harbour to protect them from possible terrorist attacks.

"We're always on guard that this thing can happen tomorrow [or] next month, and that Canada is not invulnerable," Rear Admiral Tyrone Pile said Thursday.

Link

HorhayAtAMD said:
All of Canada (or even all of the CBC) feel this way because of one newscast? Using that logic, I could say that watching an Al Franken interview proves that the US is totally left wing. I just went to the CBC website and pulled these 2 stories that show just the opposite, that Canada does not feel safe because "we are the gateway":

Good point. One newscast doesn't summarize the feelings of an entire nation. However it is still a little upsetting that this kind of thinking is popular enough to be put on a national newscast.

rcajun90 said:

Just out of curiosity, who was saying this anyway?

Forum List

Back