Cavernous Angioma

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
ok, who has some medical knowledge?
got a call from my sister friday afternoon saying she had a CT scan which revealed a mass in her head. they had her do an MRI after that to get more clarification on it. after that they took her to the university hospital in iowa city to find out she has Cavernous Angioma. told her that they were going to cath her to check it out or whatever they do (my knowledge of the medical field is soley for hurting people, so i dont have a clue). guess it was worse than they thought. they were going to fix it, but decided not too. told her to go home cause she had a 50/50 chance of surviving whether they did the proceedure or not.

is this the norm for this thing? i mean, pretty much she needs constant attention right now. slurred speech, dizziness, headaches. the impression i got from her tonight is that shes kind of resigned herself to the end. i told her not to go out like a bitch. do what she needed to do. i know its easy for me to say that, but then again im not the one with four boys to worry about.

Johnney said:
got a call from my sister friday afternoon saying she had a CT scan which revealed a mass in her head. they had her do an MRI after that to get more clarification on it. after that they took her to the university hospital in iowa city to find out she has Cavernous Angioma. told her that they were going to cath her to check it out or whatever they do (my knowledge of the medical field is soley for hurting people, so i dont have a clue). guess it was worse than they thought. they were going to fix it, but decided not too. told her to go home cause she had a 50/50 chance of surviving whether they did the proceedure or not.

is this the norm for this thing? i mean, pretty much she needs constant attention right now. slurred speech, dizziness, headaches. the impression i got from her tonight is that shes kind of resigned herself to the end. i told her not to go out like a bitch. do what she needed to do. i know its easy for me to say that, but then again im not the one with four boys to worry about.

Wow, that's really sad. I don't know much about it, but I'd be getting a second opinion if I was in that situation. Again, I'm really sorry to hear that, I wish there was something I could do.

Johnney said:

http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic95.htm

Heres some heavy duty explanations but it sounds like the vessels in her brain are tumorous and enlarging. Dangers are from bleeding and seizures.
So sorry you got bad news !

hang with us thru this dude !

dilloduck said:
http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic95.htm

Heres some heavy duty explanations but it sounds like the vessels in her brain are tumorous and enlarging. Dangers are from bleeding and seizures.
So sorry you got bad news !

hang with us thru this dude !
thanks guys. its kinda tough now. three years ago we were trying to kill each other. she was strung out on meth and a handful of other drugs. but she got busted, did time and got clean. its nice to have her back in the human race. nice to have a conversation with her instead of talking in her direction.
well im keeping a positive though on it. and im trying to get her to do the same

Johnney said:
thanks guys. its kinda tough now. three years ago we were trying to kill each other. she was strung out on meth and a handful of other drugs. but she got busted, did time and got clean. its nice to have her back in the human race. nice to have a conversation with her instead of talking in her direction.
well im keeping a positive though on it. and im trying to get her to do the same

My dad had a brain tumor----we used the time wisely and I'll never regret it !

Forum List

Back