Caution: Homosexuality May Be Dangerous To Your Health

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
CAUTION: HOMOSEXUALITY MAY BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH

Wayne D. Leeper

Those of us who approach life from a Christian perspective are use to turning to the Bible for direction and decision making. This is perfectly natural and provides the believer with a sound basis for establishing a lifestyle that will be both happy in this world and rewarding in the next. There is not a doubt in my mind that the Christian lifestyle is superior to any and all others.

That said, I believe that we have failed many in our approach to homosexuals by relying only on the Biblical admonitions. There is no doubt that the God, through the Bible, considers homosexuality to be an abomination and condemns all who would choose to practice it. However, this argument fails to convince, or even influence, those who do not believe in God and have no regard for the Bible.

This has been brought to my attention by several events that have taken place over the past few weeks.

I was visiting a “Religious Forum” on the internet when the question was posed, “Without using the Bible, can anyone give a good reason as to why a person should not be homosexual if that is their orientation?”

A few weeks later on a trip to Texas I visited with a lady who was a friend of my daughters some 25 years ago. In the course of bringing each other up to date she told me that one of the boys who had been in their Christian youth group during their high school years later turned to homosexuality, contacted aids and died a few years ago. His father was a preacher and the boy had been raised in the church. She told me that when he died his father was at his bedside holding his hand. I had known the father well and knew that he had taught the boy what the Bible says about homosexuality but the young man had obviously not been listening.

I remembered the question that had been posed in the chat room. I have thought about this question for some time. It is a legitimate question and deserves an honest answer. I believe that the answer is found in the statistics comparing the homosexual lifestyle with the heterosexual lifestyle.

Before I get into the statistics, however, I would like to share a fact in my own life that I believe is germane to this discussion. I have recently been diagnosed as having pulmonary emphysema. The doctor asked if I had ever smoked and I told him yes, but that I had quit over 25 years ago. He told me that the damage had been done back then and was only now manifesting itself. In my case he did not believe that it would ever be life threatening, but it would be life restricting. When I joined the navy in the late fifties as a boy of eighteen no one told us that cigarette smoking was hazardous to our health. It was simply a right of passage into manhood; or so we thought.

I firmly believe that young people being lured into homosexual activities today are as naïve regarding the dangers of homosexuality as I was regarding dangers of smoking. So in an attempt to reach these young people with the truth and to aide family and friends of those practicing a homosexual lifestyle I would like to provide the following statistics. Homosexual activist would have us believe that homosexuals comprise ten percent of the population of the United States. Numerous studies, however, have placed this population at between one and two percent. But even if you want to accept the ten percent as correct, consider the following statistics:

70% of homosexuals admit to having sex only one time with over 50% of their partners.

The average homosexual has between 20 and 106 partners per year. The average heterosexual has 8 partners in a lifetime.

Many homosexual sexual encounters occur while drunk, high on drugs, or in a orgy setting.

Many homosexuals don’t pay heed to warnings of their lifestyles: “Knowledge of health guidelines was quiet high, but this knowledge had no relation to sexual behavior.

Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases, 60% of all syphilis cases, and 17% of all hospital admissions (other than for STDs) in the United States.

Homosexuals live unhealthy lifestyles, and have historically accounted for the bulk of syphilis, gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, the “gay bowl syndrome” (which attacks the intestinal tract), tuberculosis and cytomegalovirus.

73% of psychiatrist say homosexuals are less happy than the average person, and of those psychiatrist, 70 percent say that the unhappiness is not due to social stigmatization.

25-33% of homosexuals and lesbians are alcoholics.

50% of suicides can be attributed to homosexuals.

Homosexuals account for well over 59% of the aids cases in the United States.

Homosexuals account for a disproportionate number of hepatitis cases 70-80% in San Francisco, 29% in Denver, 66% in New York City, 56% in Toronto, 42% in Montreal, and 26% in Melbourne.

37% of homosexuals engage in sadomasochism, which accounts for many accidental deaths. In San Francisco, classes were held to teach homosexuals how not to kill their partners during sadomasochism.

41% of homosexuals say that they have had sex with strangers in a public restroom, 60% say they have had sex with a stranger in bathhouses, and 64% of these encounters have involved the use of illegal drugs.

Depending upon the city, 39-59% of homosexuals are infected with intestinal parasites like worms, flukes and amoebae, which is common in filthy third world countries.

The median age of death of homosexual men is 42 (only 24% live past the age 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75.

The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 24% live past the age 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79.

Homosexuals are 100 times more likely to be murdered (usually by another homosexual) than the average person, 25 times more likely to commit suicide, and 19 times more likely to die in a traffic accident.

21% of lesbians die of murder, suicide or traffic accident, which is at a rate of 534 times higher than the number of white heterosexual females aged 25-44 who dies of these things.

50% of the calls to a hotline to report “queer bashing” involved domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals).

About 50% of the women on death row are lesbians.

The complete report along with and supporting documentation can be found at: http://www.inoohr.org/homosexualstatistics.htm

Given these statistics, is it any wonder that a loving God would admonish His children to avoid this lifestyle?

http://www.nationalmorality.com/index_files/Page1368.htm

Forum List

Back