Caught With Their Pants Down!

uh...peepers...

THE PUBLIC OPTION WAS TO BE GOVERNMENT RUN

The CO-OPS WERE TO BE RUN AND REGULATED BY THE GOVERNMENT

there was nothing wrong with a news producer ensuring his reporters do not lett the public fall for the expected political spin and rhetoric.

Please tell me what was wrong with Foix News referring to the GOVERNMENT RUN public option as a GOVERNMENT RUN option?

Would you have preferred they say it as "the public option will be government run" as opposed to "the government run plan"?

Bullshit. It didn't get far enough into research to have a fixed "plan". It DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE GOVERNMENT RUN. IT CAN BE A CO-OP OR A NOT FOR PROFIT PRIVATE ENTITY. Many other advanced countries have mixes of these insurance options. Besides, governmen or not, the people want a public option and they will get one some day - probably sooner than later. The insurance industry has been robbing people of health and money for far too long now, and I will celebrate in my late grandmother's honor when it happens. That, you may be sure.
“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." - Pelosi

I guess her plan didn't pan out so good :lol:

uh...peepers...

THE PUBLIC OPTION WAS TO BE GOVERNMENT RUN

The CO-OPS WERE TO BE RUN AND REGULATED BY THE GOVERNMENT

there was nothing wrong with a news producer ensuring his reporters do not lett the public fall for the expected political spin and rhetoric.

Please tell me what was wrong with Foix News referring to the GOVERNMENT RUN public option as a GOVERNMENT RUN option?

Would you have preferred they say it as "the public option will be government run" as opposed to "the government run plan"?

Bullshit. It didn't get far enough into research to have a fixed "plan". It DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE GOVERNMENT RUN. IT CAN BE A CO-OP OR A NOT FOR PROFIT PRIVATE ENTITY. Many other advanced countries have mixes of these insurance options. Besides, governmen or not, the people want a public option and they will get one some day - probably sooner than later. The insurance industry has been robbing people of health and money for far too long now, and I will celebrate in my late grandmother's honor when it happens. That, you may be sure.

Are you aware that the average family spends infinitely more on food for 3 square meals a day dan they do on helthcare costs/

Would you agree that both are necessary for life?

Why dont you camapin for a government run food plan for all?

You are aware that health insurance was for "catastrophic" and not originally for your bi annual visits. It was "insurance"....nothing more....

And so the people gamed the game...didnt buy it until they needed it.

And now it is the fault of the insurance companies?

You are aware that health insurance was for "catastrophic" and not originally for your bi annual visits. It was "insurance"....nothing more....

When each visit is billed at $150-300 NOT including the co-pay or prescriptions, hell yes, you are going to put it on your insurance. Most people can't afford to dish out that kind of money in order to pay some CEO's 2.5million dollar salary and upkeep on the company private jet. Yeah, I'm not thinking I'm going to blame the victim here.

When each visit is billed at $150-300 NOT including the co-pay or prescriptions, hell yes, you are going to put it on your insurance. Most people can't afford to dish out that kind of money in order to pay some CEO's 2.5million dollar salary and upkeep on the company private jet. Yeah, I'm not thinking I'm going to blame the victim here.

But you dont have an issue spending 200 a wwk on groceries so the CEO of Stop and Shop can fly around on his jet?

300 every 6 months compared to 200 a week.

Food (necessary for life) costs you 5200 a year...healthcare (necessary for life) costs you 600 a year.

Seems like healthcare is a lot less than food is to me....but you see....you dont have the left wing talking heads attacking the large chain grocery store CEO's yet, so you cant see it...so you attack THEIR targets.

Thus why I say you are nothing more than a pupopet of the talking heads.

Who the hell spends $200 a week on groceries??? I may spend $30-40 at the very most. Good lord. And my health care costs me $150 a month, so that's $1800 a year. My food costs and insurance costs are almost even. And I buy good food... no crap.

Also, I'm a locovore and mostly vegetarian. I eat almost entirely local, so the stop and shop is out. Easy here to do in NYC. I prefer to give my money to real farmers than Monsanto and the MIC. I think about where my food comes from and make the best choice for me. Wish I could do that with my health insurance. My company only offers one kind. I want a public option. No profits, no shareholders and no bullshit. Make it like a utility with low overhead.

Last edited:
ok whats the outrage of using the word extreme?

the $6B in cuts from the dems is the cost of one day to run government.
The $61 B from teh reps is a tad over 10 days.

The use of the word "extreme" is an out and out lie.

I keep wondering why cons keep repeating "6 billion is one day, 60 billion is ten days"

Ok, 6 billion is one day. What in the world are you advocating FOR? 15 days? 27.5?

I laughed my balls off when I took a gandor over to DRUDGE this PM only to see the Shumer story at the top of the list!!!!

Said to myself..........""Oooooooops!!!!"

Stupid lefties cant do anything right.......cant even get a private conversation done privately.:up::funnyface:

Shit....if Im a Democrat these days, Im like, "WTF??!!". Theyve gone from top of the world to top of the bozo heap in under two years!!! Virtually every day, they have to take a large one up the pooper...........

not winning..........:lol::lol::lol:

fearmongering. fearmongering fearmongering. They used the term "extremists" against the Tea Party ad nauseum even though people with brains could see it wasn't the truth. demonRats suck the hind tit.

the muslims are taking over....The gays are ramming things down our throats and destroying our society.

Do you want me to go on? I can. I am sure you can too if you wanted....

Again SO WHAT

Speak for yourself! The gays aren't ramming anything down my throat.

When it's an outright lie.

How about that? Of course, you wouldn't care.

And imagine, the lap dog press is in on it....

Some of the proposed Republican cuts are extreme. That's just a fact.

In case you haven't noticed, federal finances are in extremely deep shit. We need extreme solutions. It's time that EVERYONE feel the pain, including the fucking freeloaders who's inability to take personal responsibility have put us in this mess.

the $6B in cuts from the dems is the cost of one day to run government.
The $61 B from teh reps is a tad over 10 days.

The use of the word "extreme" is an out and out lie.

I keep wondering why cons keep repeating "6 billion is one day, 60 billion is ten days"

Ok, 6 billion is one day. What in the world are you advocating FOR? 15 days? 27.5?

Try 90. Try enough so that spending does not exceed revenue.

The progressives have ruined the Democrat party, and only the ill informed welfare class and the dumbass college kids who vote for them don't see it. The new democrats are not like the old ones, this new crop are what is destroying this country, not the Conservative tea party.
You wanna see extreme, look at the healthcare over haul bill that 75% of America did not want but got rammed down our throats anyways, now that is extreme.

The progressives have ruined the Democrat party, and only the ill informed welfare class and the dumbass college kids who vote for them don't see it. The new democrats are not like the old ones, this new crop are what is destroying this country, not the Conservative tea party.
You wanna see extreme, look at the healthcare over haul bill that 75% of America did not want but got rammed down our throats anyways, now that is extreme.

Welcome to the board, Grunt.

And what you say is spot on. This is not the same Democrat Party that gave us JFK and 'Scoop' Jackson...or Harry Truman.

1. The presidential race of 1960 was significant in that both Kennedy and Nixon were Cold Warriors, and it was the last race in which the Democrat would try to outdo the Republican in anticommunist zeal! By 1972, the Democratic Party had abandoned the fight against communism altogether.

a. Kennedy suggested that Eisenhower has permitted a ‘missile gap’ between the US and the USSR.

b. Both men referred to China as “Red China.” Have you heard it used today among the ‘enlightened.’

c. “ Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” John F. Kennedy: Inaugural Address. U.S. Inaugural Addresses. 1989

d. There were 16,000 American troops in Vietnam when JFK was assassinated. Podhoretz, “Why We Were In Vietnam,” p. 57.

2. Early on, the liberal establishment was in Cold War mode. This, from the NYTimes in 1961: “"Communist aggres¬sion" against South Vietnam that had been "launched as a calculated and deliberate operation by the Communist leaders of the North" and ended with the admonition that "Free World forces. . . still have a chance in South Vietnam, and every effort should be made to save the situation."
And as late as 1965: “Vietnam is a legitimate part of the (U.S.) global commitment .. . perhaps one of only five or six nations of the world that is truly vital to U.S. interests.” World War IV: The Long Struggle Against Islamofascism

a. NYTimes: "No one except a few pacifists here and the North Vietnamese and Chinese Communists are asking for a precipitate withdrawal. Virtually all Americans understand that we must stay in South Vietnam at least for the near future.” Johnson, “A History of the American People,” p. 81.

And a much better treatment of the Democrats, before they were co-opted by the far-Left, can be found in Mona Charen's "Useful Idiots," which includes much of the above.

New Topics

Forum List

Back