Cats or Dogs?

I have a 6 month old Australian Shepard named Daisy

Dogs enmesh themselves in the family more. A dog gives unconditional love at all times

And a dog actually comes when you call it

australian_shepherd_01_puppies_for_sale.jpg

Last edited:
i miss my pigs

yanno i had one sow that could chug a whole pounder right on down if you held the bottle just right for her.....

~S~

My experience has been a cat will have dog qualities if you spend the same amount of time with them. Many people have a cat for the low maintenance aspect of pet ownership. Those who spend a lot of time with them get a very attentive pet with very high intelligence.

My wife and I do want a dog. We still have one cat though who is 9 years old.

We feel it would be unfair to bring in a dog that would terrorize our cat, who is actually a big chicken.

We feel it would be unfair to bring in a dog that would terrorize our cat, who is actually a big chicken.

Maybe go the the shelter and get a small adult dog. It might not be so prone to terrorize your cat.

Maybe go the the shelter and get a small adult dog. It might not be so prone to terrorize your cat.

I think even a small dog would instinctively run after my cat. That would terrorize my cat.

We have a fat lazy black lab. Even so, I would like to believe that she would protect me if someone broke into the house. (My husband is on the road a lot and I am alone). Luckily this hasn't been put to the test yet! :razz:

We have a fat lazy black lab. Even so, I would like to believe that she would protect me if someone broke into the house. (My husband is on the road a lot and I am alone). Luckily this hasn't been put to the test yet! :razz:

Any dog will at least bark and wake you up and hopefully scare off an intruder

Secret Cat Diary

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

LMAO!

That hush puppy is my kidlet's fav breed, Si modo, but I'd imagine they usually get beyond 25 lbs. And anyway, if I got a dog I'd get a rescue dog....I hardly think people are abandoning their hush puppies.

LMAO!

That hush puppy is my kidlet's fav breed, Si modo, but I'd imagine they usually get beyond 25 lbs. And anyway, if I got a dog I'd get a rescue dog....I hardly think people are abandoning their hush puppies.
Isn't that diary thing a hoot? :lol:

I had a Basset. I used to only have bird dogs - English Setters, Labs, and Goldens. My last setter (just put him down a month ago *sniff*) had serious separation anxiety and pretty much hated all other creatures. But the vet suggested I get another dog to aleviate his separation issues. I did some research and found that Bassets get along with everyone and everything yet can take care of themselves, so I got a Basset puppy for my setter.

That's when I fell in love with that breed. Great dogs...like living with a cartoon. Lost him two years ago...very sad.

Yeah, they get more than 25 lbs. :lol: My guy was 85 lbs and not a bit overweight.

They are prone to glaucoma and don't live all that long, though. Average age is ten years. My buddy last until 12 so I was blessed with that.

You'd be surprised how many Bassets are given up. They are very cute, so popular in that aspect. But, they tend to become more than many impulsive new-dog owners can handle, so they are given up quite often. Most states have well-established Basset rescues. There is a big one in Michigan and their annual fund raiser is the Basset Waddle.

My guy and I participated one year. Similar to runs for charity, the Waddle is the same. Only, instead of getting pledges of money per mile, one gets pledges of money for city blocks. They ARE Bassets, after all. And, to ensure that all Bassets complete the tour of city blocks, there is a flat bed truck that follows the procession of participants. When a Basset decides he has had enough and plants his butt on the road, the crew from the truck scoops the Basset up, adds him to the other pooped-out Bassets on the flat bed, and brings up the rear of the procession.

It's a sight to see. (I think they featured the Waddle on the Animal Planet channel one year, too.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back