Cats or Dogs?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
You dun have to walk a cat....but you dun have to change a dog's litter box. So which is better?

jer_bestfriends.jpg

I have 3 dogs - Chihuahua named Tiki, Pomeranian named Royce, and a Border Collie named Annie. Can you guess which two my wife had before we got married? ;)

WOOF WOOF!! I VOTE DOG!!

IMHO, Dogs are far better companion pets. Cats are cool too, just not as good a companion as a dog.

two dogs...both mutts from the animal shelter, and three cats, also from the shelter. there are good things and bad things about both species. If you have cats AND dogs, then you get to take walks AND clean litter boxes.

• Banned
What a deal, maineman, LOL.

My housing association has recently changed its rules to allow small dogs and cats. I'm considering one or the other, but leaning towards a cat.

leaning-cat-pin.jpg

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats but we are dog people first and foremost.

The cats we end up with are usually hard case rescues.

Why not, Zander?

Dogs are predicatably demonstrative in their affections. When you call them they come to you, tails a waggin' ready to love you! When you pet them they stay!! you throw a ball, they run and get it.....and they enjoy it!! Also, Dogs can actually laugh! (really, they laugh!)

Cats...they work on THEIR own schedule, you call them and they might respond or they might run away or more likely just look at you like you're an idiot. When you pet a cat, they might stay and enjoy it (i do like it when they purr!) but then again they might not..usually they'll just stare at you like you're an idiot!! Throw a ball and the cat will definetly stare at you like you're an idiot! Cats are much more finnicky than dogs (generally speaking of course!).

A dog is reliable! I like that in a companion pet.

Like I said, cats are still cool - just not a great as a dog. (at least that is my 'umble opinion) :lol:

Last edited:
I have a dog, a Beagle mix named Buddy.

I'd consider a cat also, but Bud would never stand for it. (He hates cats.)

i'll vote for both . . . :-D
cause i ve cats of my sis in my house and dogs in the farm house . . . :-D

Dogs have masters

Cats have staff

I have two of both. They're all four WEIRD. My cats will go outside and walk right alongside me and the dogs when we take our morning walk. The cats will also play fetch if they're in the mood. They come when they're called most times and are just as vocal about they're want of attention as the dogs are. The dogs have a tendency to act like cats on occasion as they were both raised by the cats. My furkids are just weird. No question about it. Oh and the cats love to ride in the truck just as much as the dogs do and love to travel.

Dogs have masters

Cats have staff

I have two of both. They're all four WEIRD. My cats will go outside and walk right alongside me and the dogs when we take our morning walk. The cats will also play fetch if they're in the mood. They come when they're called most times and are just as vocal about they're want of attention as the dogs are. The dogs have a tendency to act like cats on occasion as they were both raised by the cats. My furkids are just weird. No question about it. Oh and the cats love to ride in the truck just as much as the dogs do and love to travel.

I don't know about that.

Sometimes i feel like I'm nothing more than a food delivery system to my dog.

LOL Mr Clean how true that is!! But my mutants have a feeder so the only time I'm called on to feed them is late evening when they get their gushy food. Now the little "kings" are a different story. They get gushy food twice a day, early morning and late afternoon. I'm NOT allowed to sleep later than 6 a.m. ANY day of the week and they will come to me and scream in my face if their litter box is not scooped twice a day. My husband says it best, "when we bought this house for the cats, they allowed us to move in with them to be their caretakers".

You dun have to walk a cat....but you dun have to change a dog's litter box. So which is better?

jer_bestfriends.jpg

I don't have to walk the dog, Mad.

As a fully equipped quadraped, she walks herself quite vigorously with no help from me required.

And the cat, bless her murderous little feline heart, craps outdoors.

Having me for a room-mate, all my animal roomies tend to find their own solutions to most of their biological needs.

Except for one fish (cunningly named Fishy by my, then, very young son).

That fish committed suicide by leaping out of its fishtank.

Pices ennui, I suspect, drove it to go flopping into the long night.

Or who knows?

Maybe it was trying to walk itself, or perhaps it was looking for a litterbox.

It didn't leave a note.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks cats are not affectionate or make a great companion, or make themselves known by following you around allll day long meowing, meowing, meowing, pick me up, pat me, feed me, sit down, give me your lap, purr, purr, purr, I own you . . . .

Ok, dogs. :D

J/K . . . both are great in their own dog or cat way. Although I could do without the 3a.m. meow-fest.

Forum List

Back