CATO Institute Commentary: 'Mosque' Debate Is a Red Herring

By 2012, our national debt will be larger than the entire U.S. economy, according to the International Monetary Fund. So what's on the front burner in Washington these days? Zoning issues in lower Manhattan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

why didn't the article mention reid? it seems to only slam republicans....have to question the integrity of this article...

Because Michael Bloomberg is a Republican.

Fail.

yes, you did fail.....he is a registered independent since 2007....do you like being wrong so much?

:lol:

Actually, I was mocking you. Thanks for proving my point and making yourself look like a complete moron.

I'm not playing the "mosque outrage game". Do I think the muslims that are building it are insensitive assholes that are probably only doing it to piss some of us off, yes. Do they have a right to build it there, yes. Life sucks sometimes. But if we take the higher ground and show tolerance in the face of intolerance, our "cause" wins and their's looses.

I'm not playing the "mosque outrage game". Do I think the muslims that are building it are insensitive assholes that are probably only doing it to piss some of us off, yes. Do they have a right to build it there, yes. Life sucks sometimes. But if we take the higher ground and show tolerance in the face of intolerance, our "cause" wins and their's looses.

smile and nod, smile and nod, smile and nod.

Because Michael Bloomberg is a Republican.

Fail.

yes, you did fail.....he is a registered independent since 2007....do you like being wrong so much?

Actually, I was mocking you. Thanks for proving my point and making yourself look like a complete moron.

actually, if you could read you would see i said "seems"...nice job proving once again you're the moron....oh joy...one independent and you're claiming some victory? what a fucking loser....why have you run away from the fact it doesn't mentino reid? the LEADER of the dems in the senate....

like i said, that alone destroys the credibility of this article...i know facts are a difficult thing for you

actually, if you could read you would see i said "seems"...nice job proving once again you're the moron....oh joy...one independent and you're claiming some victory? what a fucking loser....why have you run away from the fact it doesn't mentino reid? the LEADER of the dems in the senate....

like i said, that alone destroys the credibility of this article...i know facts are a difficult thing for you

that darned left wing Cato Institute.

You tried to write off my article by saying it's partisan. You clearly have no idea what the CATO Institute is.

I've been defending them based on property rights but this article makes a lot of sense to me. "Keep your eyes on the BS while I shove this hot coal up your ass called more government" type magic act the GOP seems to have become so good at these past several years.

And Cato could be quite right on some level - the established leadership of the Republican Party is almost as much the problem as the Democrat leadership in creating the current fiscal and international mess facing America.

That is why the Tea Party Movement is such a fascinating and truly grassroots entity - a wide ranging but loosely affiliated movement of basic common themes regarding smaller less intrusive government and fiscal responsibility. These themes cut across party affiliation, showing up among many Democrats, Independents, and Republicans. It is forcing the Republican Party to reconnect with those themes not only in word, but deed. Some within the party are fighting this - they have become establishment figures, comfortable in the ways of Washington DC and all the perks contained therein.

BUT, the dismay/anger/outrage that many Americans feel in having a Muslim Mosque erected within the shadow of Ground Zero, in a building that was damaged by large debris from one of the planes, is very real - and like the Tea Party Movement, those feelings cut across party lines. The CATO article stops short of delving into the reality of these feelings and Obama's yet again clumsy and self-involved handling of a very sensitive subject. The Republicans are benefiting from this no doubt - aided greatly by Obama and his overt stupidity...
____

And I will add that the CATO Institute is among the best think tank organizations in the country. They side with Republicans far more than Democrats based upon their Libertarian based beliefs, but will effectively take the Republicans to task when need be - which of late has been often...

You tried to write off my article by saying it's partisan. You clearly have no idea what the CATO Institute is.

and you are ignoring the FACT that this article is partisan...fox news leans right, yet shep leans left...you're arguing a stupid point, that just because cato leans right then ALL its articles must also lean right...

logical fallacy and shows how stupid you are modbert....its funny, you call me a moron, yet your stupidity in this thread is freaking hilarious...i notice you still are running from discussing why it is the article didn't mention reid and takes republicans to task instead....that destroys the credibility of this article

i see you have modbert's stupidity as well....just because cato leans right does not mean all its articles also lean right...

why is it you left wing hacks ingore the fact that reid wasn't mentioned? that is a huge ommission....

and you are ignoring the FACT that this article is partisan...fox news leans right, yet shep leans left...you're arguing a stupid point, that just because cato leans right then ALL its articles must also lean right...

logical fallacy and shows how stupid you are modbert....its funny, you call me a moron, yet your stupidity in this thread is freaking hilarious...i notice you still are running from discussing why it is the article didn't mention reid and takes republicans to task instead....that destroys the credibility of this article

Except this article isn't partisan. You're assuming every Mosque article must mention Republicans AND Reid otherwise it's partisan is moronic.

The author isn't a partisan either.

Gene Healy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So again, you fail.

so you don't see the problem with exclusing reid when talking about this issue?

Considering this article is about how the right is manufacturing this debate to avoid discussing real issues, no. It's not discussing the issue by itself. :eusa_eh:

i see you have modbert's stupidity as well....just because cato leans right does not mean all its articles also lean right...

why is it you left wing hacks ingore the fact that reid wasn't mentioned? that is a huge ommission....

You are right to be suspicious of the article's motivations.

CATO is a very interesting and often valuable resource for conservative/libertarian fiscal policy.

They are also not without purpose in what they do - there could be a less than clear motive behind the Ground Zero Mosque article.

The article was certainly not the best work to come from CATO - but it does make a potentially valid point. Then again, it might simply be muddying some waters.

It is...curious. :eusa_eh:

why wasn't Madonna mentioned?

Just give it up lots of people were not mentioned in the article.

Last edited:

You are right to be suspicious of the article's motivations.

CATO is a very interesting and often valuable resource for conservative/libertarian fiscal policy.

They are also not without purpose in what they do - there could be a less than clear motive behind the Ground Zero Mosque article.

The article was certainly not the best work to come from CATO - but it does make a potentially valid point. Then again, it might simply be muddying some waters.

It is...curious. :eusa_eh:

it is interesting....contrary to dumbert's assertions, if the issue is creating a red herring....why is reid not also held accountable for creating a red herring?

modbert is just stuck on stupid though and can't get past the facts, instead he moronically relies on the fact that cato does lean right as "proof" this article also leans right however.....it is a partisan article

New Topics

Forum List

Back