Catholics sue Obama

They ought to sue conservatives....they seem to preach the blasphemy that greed is good and that their sins don't count...only other people's sins do....like gays and abortion...just off the top of my head.

Very cool.

I hope this goes to the supreme court.

Maybe it will once and for all eliminate government funding for religious organizations..and/or stripping the same tax exemption once they become "for profit" organizations..and reminding them..that if they are "for profit", they have to adhere to the law of the land.

Their religious freedom stops when they violate the civil rights of indivduals and the law.

God always wins....the church? I guess it depends on if they are truly speaking for God...or just looking for more power, as man is always apt to do.

touchdown-jesus-looms-large-over-notre-dame-stadium-cropped.jpg

This will be an interesting case. Obviously, the First Amendment allows you to practice your religion as you want. But it doesn't allow you to force your beliefs on others.

It'll be interesting to follow.

Is this kind of like when Catholic bishops confronted the GOP over the Ryan budget?

Catholics Confront Ryan on Budget Plan : Roll Call News

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which sided with GOP leaders on issues such as contraception mandates in the 2010 health care law, challenged the Ryan budget in a series of letters to Capitol Hill last week.

“We fear the pressure to cut vital programs that protect the lives and dignity of the poor and vulnerable will increase,” the bishops wrote to the chairman and ranking member of the House Ways and Means Committee. The bishops also voiced alarm over proposed cuts to Pell Grants, food and housing aid, low-income tax credits, and scholarship programs in letters to Senators and key Congressional committees.

:eusa_whistle:

This will be an interesting case. Obviously, the First Amendment allows you to practice your religion as you want. But it doesn't allow you to force your beliefs on others.

No one is forcing their beliefs on others, pal.

That's the beauty of the Catholic Church - they don't push.

Like ObamaCare forces Catholics and others to pay for what they don't belive in?

*FAIL*

Obamacare does not force Catholics to pay for something they don't believe in.

Like ObamaCare forces Catholics and others to pay for what they don't belive in?

*FAIL*

Obamacare does not force Catholics to pay for something they don't believe in.

I'll take "Who is Sandra Fluke for $1,000 Alex..."

Forum List

Back