Catholics in the News

Do you feel the same is true of parts of Islam?

Really? Your response to this is "Bbbbut, Mooommmm...billy,?"

Well, your response doesn't surprise me in the least. I completely agree about what is being said regarding the Catholic church. What I find interesting is that you see these conversations taking place everywhere and the Catholic church being run thru the coals, and rightly so. But you never see the same sort of questioning going on about the foundation of the Islamic church and what evil they allow to get promoted within their religion and the thousands that have lost their lives, including children, because of what is promoted behind their doors. It's not as tho it is covered up, it's actually promoted in some of them. Yet the same type of people in here talking about the Catholic church will stand up and defend the Islamic church against such criticism.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you that the 'same type of people in here talking about the Catholic Church will stand up and defend the Islamic Church against such criticism'. Islam has to take responsibility for the abuses they perpetrate too. Some Muslims in Africa are committing horribly violent crimes and citing religious reasons for them.

What we can agree on, is ordinary Catholics are not to blame for the sex abuse scandal in the RCC and ordinary Muslims are not responsible for terrorism.

Last edited:
Really? Your response to this is "Bbbbut, Mooommmm...billy,?"

Well, your response doesn't surprise me in the least. I completely agree about what is being said regarding the Catholic church. What I find interesting is that you see these conversations taking place everywhere and the Catholic church being run thru the coals, and rightly so. But you never see the same sort of questioning going on about the foundation of the Islamic church and what evil they allow to get promoted within their religion and the thousands that have lost their lives, including children, because of what is promoted behind their doors. It's not as tho it is covered up, it's actually promoted in some of them. Yet the same type of people in here talking about the Catholic church will stand up and defend the Islamic church against such criticism.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you that the 'same type of people in here talking about the Catholic Church will stand up and defend the Islamic Church against such criticism'. Islam has to take responsibility for the abuses they perpetrate too. Some Muslims in Africa are committing horribly violent crimes and citing religious reasons for them.

What we can agree on, is ordinary Catholics are not to blame for the sex abuse scandal in the RCC and ordinary Muslims are not responsible for terrorism.

So, why is your focus always on the Catholic church? I've never seen a thread in here started by liberals regarding what I brought up. All I ever see are threads about Christians and Catholics. I just find that kind of odd, and a bit telling.

So, why is your focus always on the Catholic church? I've never seen a thread in here started by liberals regarding what I brought up. All I ever see are threads about Christians and Catholics. I just find that kind of odd, and a bit telling.

I wasn't raised a Muslim, but I was raised a Catholic. I still have an interest in the RCC. What is it you think is telling? Enlighten me.

What it should be telling you is that I have a strong interest in seeing pedophile priests be brought to justice and the practice of aiding and abetting their crimes desist.

Last edited:

I wasn't raised a Muslim, but I was raised a Catholic. I still have an interest in the RCC. What is it you think is telling? Enlighten me.

What it should be telling you is that I have a strong interest in seeing pedophile priests be brought to justice and the practice of aiding and abetting their crimes desist.

So, it's fair to say then that you have more of an interest in seeing pedophile priests stopped than seeing terrorist indoctrination via the Islam religion stopped?

The Catholic church has been put under a microscope already, and they are little by little being brough to justice for their actions. I don't know what evidence or probable cause prempted the actions in the article that you started the thread with, but I do know that it now sounds like Catholic priests and churches are being profiled. Yet if that is even considered when it comes to Islamic terrorists there's an uproar over it. Since it is known that most terrorists are created via the Islamic religion and Islamic mosques, is it okay to profile mosques and raid them periodically to keep them honest? Or is that profiling and we can't do that because we know all muslims are not terrorists, and there is supposedly innocence until guilt is proven in each invidual case? I just saw a parallel between that and what this thread is talking about with regards to the Catholic church and Catholic priests. Yet we see the Catholics being talked about quite frequently, with very little attention paid to the Islamic religion. I guess you could be right in that we're a predominantly christian country, but I've seen enough evidence to think otherwise. Not necessarily from you, just as a whole.

So, it's fair to say then that you have more of an interest in seeing pedophile priests stopped than seeing terrorist indoctrination via the Islam religion stopped?

The Catholic church has been put under a microscope already, and they are little by little being brough to justice for their actions. I don't know what evidence or probable cause prempted the actions in the article that you started the thread with, but I do know that it now sounds like Catholic priests and churches are being profiled. Yet if that is even considered when it comes to Islamic terrorists there's an uproar over it. Since it is known that most terrorists are created via the Islamic religion and Islamic mosques, is it okay to profile mosques and raid them periodically to keep them honest? Or is that profiling and we can't do that because we know all muslims are not terrorists, and there is supposedly innocence until guilt is proven in each invidual case? I just saw a parallel between that and what this thread is talking about with regards to the Catholic church and Catholic priests. Yet we see the Catholics being talked about quite frequently, with very little attention paid to the Islamic religion. I guess you could be right in that we're a predominantly christian country, but I've seen enough evidence to think otherwise. Not necessarily from you, just as a whole.

Yes. I see the systematic aiding and abeting of pedophile priests as deplorable. You're right. I don't give terrorism the same amount of concern, even though it is a serious worldwide phenomena. Terrorism is impersonal violence.

Pedophilia breaks a child's spirit and that breaks my heart.

I think you're trying to deflect attention away from the culpability of the RCC by trying to make this thread about terrorism.

Start another thread on that topic and I'll participate.

Yes. I see the systematic aiding and abeting of pedophile priests as deplorable. You're right. I don't give terrorism the same amount of concern, even though it is a serious worldwide phenomena. Terrorism is impersonal violence.

I think you're trying to deflect attention away from the culpability of the RCC by trying to make this thread about terrorism.

Terrorism is impersonal? Maybe because you've never been personally affected by it, but many others have. Is the RCC pedophilia issue personal to you? If so, then I can understand. I've not been personally affected by either, I just see the disparity on the two different, but very much alike, issues.

I agree on what's been said about the Catholic church in this thread, so I'm not trying to deflect anything away from it. I think they need to make reparations and totally revamp their policies and take a hard look at their own organization and make some serious changes. I'm not catholic, so I have no personal ties at all.

Terrorism is impersonal? Maybe because you've never been personally affected by it, but many others have. Is the RCC pedophilia issue personal to you? If so, then I can understand. I've not been personally affected by either, I just see the disparity on the two different, but very much alike, issues.

I agree on what's been said about the Catholic church in this thread, so I'm not trying to deflect anything away from it. I think they need to make reparations and totally revamp their policies and take a hard look at their own organization and make some serious changes. I'm not catholic, so I have no personal ties at all.

In terrorism the victims are usually strangers. The violence is toward a group for poliical reaons. In child sexual abuse the perp is usually known to the child. It is personal.

If you're fishing to see if I'm a victim of a pedophile priest, I'm not. I have professionally counseled more than one woman who was however, so I have a vested interest. I know the pain of that kind of abuse in a personal way.

Last edited:
Is it a greater sin to rape a child, or to outright kill one?

Regardless, we need more of these raids, pronto.

Is it a greater sin to rape a child, or to outright kill one?

Regardless, we need more of these raids, pronto.
Is is equally a sin to kill and rape a child. It is a greater crime to kill a child than rape a child.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back