Catholics are the original true Christians

Jesus spoke of the faith of Peter being what the Church will be built on. He never mentioned the Catholic church. One problem I have is the Catholic Church declaring that traditions of the church are equal in authority to the Bible when a lot of their traditions such as praying to Mary is forbidden according to Jesus. Hail Mary's do not absolve you of your sin, only Jesus can.

Protestants are off shoots

Really? Funny I don't remeber reading anything about any "Catholics" in the book of Acts, which gives us the history of the Christian church, not to mention the fact that Catholic dogma, doctrine and theology is either directly contridicted by, or directly contridicts, the Word of God, which is the guide book for Christianity, more times than can be counted. The papist church of Rome was not just an offshoot, it was an aspostate offshoot, the reformation was a return to the truths of Christianity, it was taking back the Bride of Christ from the demons that had hijacked the Lord's simple messages of Sola scrpitura and Grace alone through faith alone. No need for some dude sitting in his magic chair and telling the world that because he sat in his magic chair his words supersede the Word of God.

Only Catholics go to heaven

Really? Funny I don't remeber reading anything about any "Catholics" in the book of Acts, which gives us the history of the Christian church, not to mention the fact that Catholic dogma, doctrine and theology is either directly contridicted by, or directly contridicts, the Word of God, which is the guide book for Christianity, more times than can be counted. The papist church of Rome was not just an offshoot, it was an aspostate offshoot, the reformation was a return to the truths of Christianity, it was taking back the Bride of Christ from the demons that had hijacked the Lord's simple messages of Sola scrpitura and Grace alone through faith alone. No need for some dude sitting in his magic chair and telling the world that because he sat in his magic chair his words supersede the Word of God.

Wrong liar.

Wrong liar.

Afraid it is true

Nope. Catholics misinterpreted what Jesus told Peter. Peter was not the first pope and the catholic church was not what Jesus was talking about.

You publicly display your ignorance often?

I take it Theology wasn't your strong suite in the seminary.

Idiot.

Nope. Catholics misinterpreted what Jesus told Peter. Peter was not the first pope and the catholic church was not what Jesus was talking about.

You publicly display your ignorance often?

I take it Theology wasn't your strong suite in the seminary.

Idiot.

it's strong *suit*, warbler.

you'd know that if you had one. :lmao:

That's exactly what we were taught in catechism.

In fact, we were admonished by the nuns to stay out of "those places". "Those places" being Protestant churches and Jewish houses of worship.

Wrong liar.

Actually, since Vatican II, Catholics have allowed Protestants to get into heaven.

But it is not the same heaven. Catholics still get the best seats and better access to God. Protestants are allowed in, but have to sit in the back and keep their mouths shut

Gloria.tv: The Simpsons: Catholic vs. Protestant Heaven

so the protestants are frauds

about time they became the minority

I could never name the head of any prot faith

for the Roman Cathoic Church - its the Pope

What makes them more fraudulent than the Catholics? Just asking.

And while I am not protestant, I would find it completely easy for anyone to name the head of my faith - Jesus Christ.

... head of my faith - Jesus Christ.

shouldn't that be God ... the OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

The oldest Christian religion are the Copts who predate the Catholics by several hundred years. The Greek Orthodox Church predates Catholicism too.

I always thought that Orthodox and Catholics originated from the Roman church, which had disagreements with other christian groups around the time of the Roman empire. In fact, I think the Copts wereone of the orignial groups that dissented from the idea of Romans dictating what is and isn't Christian belief.

Oh boy--You guys are opening up a big giant can of worms when it comes to who is a true christian and who are straying from Christian beliefs. So far, from what I gather from claims of misinterpreted bibles and misprints in the holy book is that no group is teaching the absolute truth, only what they believe is the truth with need for some correction on the teachers part.

Everyone is wrong to some degree, so you have to wait for Jesus to come floating back down to Earth to teach you what is right. In the mean time, remain true!!:tongue:

Correct. Founded by Jesus Christ himself.

Appointed Peter as the first Pope.The baton's been passed ever since.

Not true.

Constitine was the first Pope of the Roman Church. He appointed himself Pope and the succession of Pope thereafter usually hinged on being ruler(or some related official state position) of the Roman empire until its fall.

Strangely enough, there were Pagan emperors that persecuted Christians after Constitine. I have to research what the Roman Church did during Pagan ascension.

so the protestants are frauds

about time they became the minority

I could never name the head of any prot faith

for the Roman Cathoic Church - its the Pope

What makes them more fraudulent than the Catholics? Just asking.

And while I am not protestant, I would find it completely easy for anyone to name the head of my faith - Jesus Christ.

... head of my faith - Jesus Christ.

shouldn't that be God ... the OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

Christ is the head of the Church. Or so says the scriptures.

You claim to be a preacher but you are this ignorant in addition to being as immoral as you have demonstrated elsewhere? You are a fraud of the very worst sort.

No, the original Christians were not Catholic. Catholicism did not come around until Roman emperors integrated Christianity into their own belief system and established themselves as "popes".

I always thought that Orthodox and Catholics originated from the Roman church, which had disagreements with other christian groups around the time of the Roman empire. In fact, I think the Copts wereone of the orignial groups that dissented from the idea of Romans dictating what is and isn't Christian belief.

Oh boy--You guys are opening up a big giant can of worms when it comes to who is a true christian and who are straying from Christian beliefs. So far, from what I gather from claims of misinterpreted bibles and misprints in the holy book is that no group is teaching the absolute truth, only what they believe is the truth with need for some correction on the teachers part.

Everyone is wrong to some degree, so you have to wait for Jesus to come floating back down to Earth to teach you what is right. In the mean time, remain true!!:tongue:

I dont think it opens a can of worms at all. It's just the history of the Great Apostasy. It leads to the logical conclusion that there needs to be a Restoration as prophecied. There is a reason John the Revelator prophecied of an Angel being sent from heaven carrying the everlasting Gospel.

The Dispensation of Grace that began in the Meridian of Time is over. We live in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times when God has begun a work to gather all things into one as prophecied. He is acting to prepare the world for His Second coming.

The Lord knew that people would doubt the Bible. So He revealed more scripture. The Book of Mormon establishes the testimony found in the Bible that Jesus is the Christ and that God remember His covenants. He has revealed more revelation through His modern prophets that confirm the Bible and Book of Mormon. And by the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

God has restored the organization of the Church and the Holy Priesthood to the earth. He's provided revelation and is guiding His latter-day work. And We are about to see the Lord's hand once again made bare in the gathering of Israel. We've seen some of it already, but it will be furthered even more in coming days. Zion shall be established in preparation for what's to come and the Lord will establish His people as a free and holy people.

Reformation was not enough. Man cannot restore that which was lost through reformation. God had to restore it and He has.

Correct. Founded by Jesus Christ himself.

Appointed Peter as the first Pope.The baton's been passed ever since.

Not true.

Constitine was the first Pope of the Roman Church. He appointed himself Pope and the succession of Pope thereafter usually hinged on being ruler(or some related official state position) of the Roman empire until its fall.

Strangely enough, there were Pagan emperors that persecuted Christians after Constitine. I have to research what the Roman Church did during Pagan ascension.

Constintine was never Pope.

"
Christianity has divided into three major branches over the centuries. Roman Catholicism represents the continuation of the historical organized church as it developed in Western Europe, and is headed by the Pope. Distinctive beliefs of Catholics include the doctrines of Transubstantiation and Purgatory, and distinctive practices include devotion to the saints and Mary and use of the rosary.
Eastern Orthodoxy (which includes the Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches and several others) is the continuation of the historical organized church as it developed in Eastern Europe. It differs from Catholicism in its refusal of allegiance to the Pope, its emphasis on the use of icons in worship, and the date it celebrates Easter. Other cultural, political, and religious differences exist as well. Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism separated in 1054 AD, when the Patriarch of Constantinople and the Pope excommunicated each other.
Protestantism arose in the 16th century during the Reformation, which took place mainly in Germany, Switzerland, and Britain. Protestants do not acknowledge the authority of the Pope, reject many traditions and beliefs of the Catholic Church, emphasize the importance of reading the Bible and hold to the doctrine of salvation by faith alone. Protestantism encompasses numerous denominational groups, including Lutherans, Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Pentecostals and Evangelicals. "

Christianity: An Overview - ReligionFacts

Forum List

Back