Catholics are a hate group ?

In fairness, this is the WhiteHouse Petition Site, Anyone can start a Petition....... In contrast......

we petition the obama administration to:
Designate as a hate group the bigoted people who started the petition to designate the Catholic Church as a hate group.

You are going a bit crazy with the hate group crap just as they did.

Some people are petitioning to label the Catholic Church as a "hate group" because of the Church's teaching on same-sex marriage. But in the United States, we have this awesome thing called freedom of religion which means we don't have to agree with your efforts to redefine marriage. When you call Catholics hateful for holding this religious opinion, you're being bigoted. And I think we can all agree bigotry is pretty hateful. So, the people who want to designate the Catholic Church as a "hate group" are actually themselves a "hate group."
Created: Jan 04, 2013

This really seems like a petty "I know you are but what am I."

I disagree with labeling the Catholic Church as a hate group; it inflames emotions and distracts from more pointed criticisms. (Criticisms about things like their archaic beliefs on sexuality..) Making that criticism doesn't make you bigoted as you would imply nor does making that criticism undermine your right to your faith. Some seem to be under the impression that their religious opinions should be exempt from criticism in a way that normal opinions are not. I say that's absolute nonsense especially when you wish to insert your religious convictions into public policy.

Of course not.
The Catholics have a long history of trying to save souls thru the inquisition, the Crusades and pedophillia.

In fairness, this is the WhiteHouse Petition Site, Anyone can start a Petition....... In contrast......

we petition the obama administration to:
Designate as a hate group the bigoted people who started the petition to designate the Catholic Church as a hate group.

Some people are petitioning to label the Catholic Church as a "hate group" because of the Church's teaching on same-sex marriage. But in the United States, we have this awesome thing called freedom of religion which means we don't have to agree with your efforts to redefine marriage. When you call Catholics hateful for holding this religious opinion, you're being bigoted. And I think we can all agree bigotry is pretty hateful. So, the people who want to designate the Catholic Church as a "hate group" are actually themselves a "hate group."
Created: Jan 04, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...designate-catholic-church-hate-group/NFvQCSpv

You do not have to agree with it is different than I want government to ban it.
I do not agree with women having children out of wedlock as that causes far more harm than 2 gay folk that happen to be committed to and love each other getting married.
But I support no government ban on women having babies out of wedlock.
Hate is a feeling and not an action so I oppose all these so called "hate" laws.

Forum List

Back