Catholicism and Child Abuse

Absolutely wrong. Not only that but some very clever straight men have learnt one of the best ways to seduce a woman is to pretend to be gay. Many woman cannot resist the temptation to ā€˜cureā€™ them. As to gaydar in general stereotypical effeminate gays can easily be picked but the vast majority of gay men are absolutely ā€˜normalā€™ in behaviour and appearance.
I have two close friends, ex professional rugby players with a two year old son. I bet big money youā€™d never pick them as gay. This is getting too far off topic anyhow.

I have NEVER heard of that strategy. Most of the women I have met, and know want MASCULINE men, even the liberal women want real men, not Gay men.
How wrong you are. A high percentage of gay men are masculine to the point youā€™d never guess they were gay. This stupid stereotype pushed by the movie industry and straight comedians is so far from the truth itā€™s idiotic. I run across this question myself often when people I tell Iā€™m gay simply refuse to believe it.Below we have a shot of the Sydney Convicts Rugby team, every single one of them gay. And believe me if you tried to tell most of them they werenā€™t masculine theyā€™d punch your lights out. Oh, and they won the Bingham Cup in San Francisco against an international group of gay rugby teams.GO CONVICTS ! ! !
Two of their ex-players are close friends. They have a two year old son and are brilliant parents. Believe me buddy, you donā€™t want to mess with these boys trying to prove theyā€™re in any way girly.

Last edited:
How wrong you are. A high percentage of gay men are masculine to the point youā€™d never guess they were gay. This stupid stereotype pushed by the movie industry and straight commedians is so far from the truth itā€™s idiotic. I run across this question myself often when people I tell Iā€™m gay simply refuse to believe it.

You may be right, as I am not active in, nor as knowledgeable as you about the Gay community. However, a high percentage may be a bit optimistic on your part. The total number of Gays in society is very, very small. Maybe 1%, so again, I really don't know how many "masculine" gays exist. That being said, women don't want a male "mate" that is more like a girlfriend than a boyfriend.

How wrong you are. A high percentage of gay men are masculine to the point youā€™d never guess they were gay. This stupid stereotype pushed by the movie industry and straight comedians is so far from the truth itā€™s idiotic. I run across this question myself often when people I tell Iā€™m gay simply refuse to believe it.

You may be right, as I am not active in, nor as knowledgeable as you about the Gay community. However, a high percentage may be a bit optimistic on your part. The total number of Gays in society is very, very small. Maybe 1%, so again, I really don't know how many "masculine" gays exist. That being said, women don't want a male "mate" that is more like a girlfriend than a boyfriend.
Man oh man have you got a lot to learn. Independent surveys since the Kinsey Report in the late 1950ā€™s have conducted surveys that give a number of 10%. In countries where being gay is illegal the percentage willing to admit to being so is necessarily lower. Then we have the group of bi-sexual men, especially those in straight marriages, who never admit to their gay side, sometimes not even to themselves. Iā€™ve lost count of the number of men whoā€™ve told me ā€˜No mate, Iā€™m not a poof, I just like a bit of c**k on the side.ā€™ sad really.

Now letā€™s get back to that other bunch of ā€˜pervertsā€™ the Church of Rome.

Last edited:
PLEASE don't forget the Nuns, they deserve protection and discusion too. The Nuns also are taken advantage of by those using authority over them=abuse of power. Many Nuns have been raped by Priests and by others in Church authority, also many have been tricked into inappropriate situations through that authority abuse. This is why there are a number of Aids cases involving Nuns, and there have been herendous acts used to hide these rapes.
PROTECT WOMAN AND CHILDREN- Nuns deserve to be protected and discussed in this as much as the Children, as a victim is a victim and their voices deserve to be heard.

PLEASE don't forget the Nuns, they deserve protection and discusion too. The Nuns also are taken advantage of by those using authority over them=abuse of power. Many Nuns have been raped by Priests and by others in Church authority, also many have been tricked into inappropriate situations through that authority abuse. This is why there are a number of Aids cases involving Nuns, and there have been herendous acts used to hide these rapes.
PROTECT WOMAN AND CHILDREN- Nuns deserve to be protected and discussed in this as much as the Children, as a victim is a victim and their voices deserve to be heard.

Yes, nuns were often assualted by priests and not all nuns were or are evil but thatā€™s only true in part. Maybe you need to listen to Joni Mitchellā€™s song about the treatment of unmarried mothers by Irish nuns ā€œThe Magdalene Laundriesā€?

Lyrics
I was an unmarried girl
I'd just turned twenty-seven
When they sent me to the sisters
For the way men looked at me
Branded as a Jezebel
I knew I was not bound for Heaven
I'd be cast in shame
Into the Magdalene laundries
Most girls come here pregnant
Some by their own fathers
Bridget got that belly by her parish priest
We're trying to get things white as snow
All of us woe-begotten-daughters
In the streaming stains
Of the Magdalene laundries
Prostitutes and destitutes
And temptresses like me
Fallen women
Sentenced into dreamless drudgery
Why do they call this heartless place
Our Lady of Charity?
Oh charity!
These bloodless brides of Jesus
If they had just once glimpsed their groom
Then they'd know, and they'd drop the stones
Concealed behind their rosaries
They wilt the grass they walk upon
They leech the light out of a room
They'd like to drive us down the drain
At the Magdalene laundries
Peg O'Connell died today
She was a cheeky girl
A flirt
They just stuffed her in a hole!
Surely to God you'd think at least some bells should ring!
One day I'm going to die here too
And they'll plant me in the dirt
Like some lame bulb
That never blooms, come any spring
Not any spring

And please donā€™t provoke me into telling you what St Terresa of Calcutta was actually like.
You literally donā€™t want to know.

Last edited:
/----/ Catholics are expected to Pray, Pay and Obey. There is no recourse to Church doctrine. I'm Catholic and most I know what married priests. The wives will be a positive influence and help weed out the perverts. BTW there are already married priests but not many. We are so short of priests the church imports them from South America and India. Their accents are so thick you can't understand them.
The wives will be a positive influence and weed out the perverts? Do you imagine these ordained perverts are going to tell their wives about their sins? Thatā€™s what the confessional is for, keep it private, say a few hail Maryā€™s and you're safe and saved.
Confession is not that at all; unless you are truly repentant then you burn; end of story! And rightly so!

Greg

Pope demotes cardinals over scandals

Two cardinals facing allegations linked to sexual abuse have been removed from Pope Francis's inner circle, the Vatican said.

Australia's George Pell and Chile's Francisco Javier Errazuriz will no longer sit on the Council of Cardinals, set up by the pope as an international advice body.

The pair were absent from the last meeting of the group in September.

A spokesperson said the Pope wrote to them both in October to thank them.

Cardinal Pell, who remains the Vatican treasurer, faces trial on sexual abuse charges in Australia - accusations the cardinal strenuously denies.

His Chilean colleague, Francisco Javier Errazuriz, faces accusations that he covered up alleged child abuse while serving as Archbishop of Santiago, claims he also denies.

What is the Pope thanking them for ?

I have catholic friends who are distressed over this deviancy. It would be wrong to blame all catholics fo the actions of a few but isnt silence complicity ?

Why dont the majority of decent catholics denonce this and root out the evil at the heart of their community ?

Are you Catholic?

Tommy's a Welsh Communist and even follows .....WREXHAM...lmao.

Greg

Yes, nuns were often assualted by priests and not all nuns were or are evil but thatā€™s only true in part. Maybe you need to listen to Joni Mitchellā€™s song about the treatment of unmarried mothers by Irish nuns ā€œThe Magdalene Laundriesā€?

Lyrics
I was an unmarried girl
I'd just turned twenty-seven
When they sent me to the sisters
For the way men looked at me
Branded as a Jezebel
I knew I was not bound for Heaven
I'd be cast in shame
Into the Magdalene laundries
Most girls come here pregnant
Some by their own fathers
Bridget got that belly by her parish priest
We're trying to get things white as snow
All of us woe-begotten-daughters
In the streaming stains
Of the Magdalene laundries
Prostitutes and destitutes
And temptresses like me
Fallen women
Sentenced into dreamless drudgery
Why do they call this heartless place
Our Lady of Charity?
Oh charity!
These bloodless brides of Jesus
If they had just once glimpsed their groom
Then they'd know, and they'd drop the stones
Concealed behind their rosaries
They wilt the grass they walk upon
They leech the light out of a room
They'd like to drive us down the drain
At the Magdalene laundries
Peg O'Connell died today
She was a cheeky girl
A flirt
They just stuffed her in a hole!
Surely to God you'd think at least some bells should ring!
One day I'm going to die here too
And they'll plant me in the dirt
Like some lame bulb
That never blooms, come any spring
Not any spring

And please donā€™t provoke me into telling you what St Terresa of Calcutta was actually like.
You literally donā€™t want to know.

Tell it all, Karl!!

Greg

The church should have purged out the gays from the very beginning.
it's this guy's fault:"1074-Pope Gregory VII said anyone to be ordained must first pledge celibacy: priests [must] first escape from the clutches of their wives."

/----/ Catholics are expected to Pray, Pay and Obey. There is no recourse to Church doctrine. I'm Catholic and most I know what married priests. The wives will be a positive influence and help weed out the perverts. BTW there are already married priests but not many. We are so short of priests the church imports them from South America and India. Their accents are so thick you can't understand them.
The wives will be a positive influence and weed out the perverts? Do you imagine these ordained perverts are going to tell their wives about their sins? Thatā€™s what the confessional is for, keep it private, say a few hail Maryā€™s and you're safe and saved.
Confession is not that at all; unless you are truly repentant then you burn; end of story! And rightly so!

Greg
Theyā€™ve sure got you under the priestly thumb.

New Topics

Forum List

Back