Catholic Racist Lunch Menu!

Unlike you, who retained the maximalism of a 15 year old in your adulthood I did not.

I know about the necessary evil and have to agree of some amount of it and have never considered myself an anarchist.

The devil is in the details - in the scope of the necessary evil.

It is way overblown and as a rule tends to expand exponentially ( if not curtailed) to satisfy the need of it's own.

You want it expanding exponentially - I want it to be trimmed on a regular basis.

That's the difference.

What the fuck is a "maximalism"?

Look, you said two different things that contradict each other because you're trying to play both sides. I don't; I agree with the second. Pick a side already. Waffles are for breakfast.

Which brings us to starches... :eek:

The point where this began is consumer choice, and whether that's even realistic in a completely processed world. Not to mention a processed world dictated and greased by corporate media. That information is just not available to the average citizen. It requires seeing through a lot of lies. And seeing through lies is not a given.

I did not say anything contradictory. AT ALL. or I misread what you are implying - are you considering contradictory my statement that FDA has to regulate the food ingredients becasue I also consider government overblown and in need to be curtailed?

One can understand that there is a need of oversight and regulation and still understand and want to oversee the regulators as well. and cut their increased appetite, too :)

what is contradictory in that? it is just common sense.

maximalistic position is either-or - and it is a feature of teenagers - either you are with me or against me :)
as I said - one can understand the need for regulation necessity of the government agencies and the need to trim their over-expansion at the same time.

We have forgotten the principle of Subsidiarity for way too long.

Subsidiarity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Subsidiarity is an organising principle of decentralisation, stating that a matter ought to be handled by the smallest, lowest, or least centralised authority capable of addressing that matter effectively. The Oxford English Dictionary defines subsidiarity as the idea that a central authority should have a subsidiary function, performing only those tasks which cannot be performed effectively at a more immediate or local level. The concept is applicable in the fields of government, political science, cybernetics, management and in military command (Mission Command). In political theory, subsidiarity is sometimes viewed as a principle entailed by the idea of federalism.

Koreans eat kegogi which is dog meat. Shocked the hell out me but it explained the farms with all the dogs on it.

I see entire airplanes loaded with horses going to Asia. They are not intended for riding or pets. I ate horse meat in Europe. It isn't Angus beef, but it was not bad, either. Pretty lean, actually.

I did too. It's tough.

Prepared properly, it's OK, makes a mean sauerbraten.

When I was a kid, our grade school cafeteria served spaghetti to celebrate Columbus Day.

Clearly racist.

And they also had the nerve to serve corned beef and cabbage to honor of St. Patrick's Day.

More outrageous racism.

Fo Shizzle.

Spaghetti for Columbus Day :lmao:

I once wrote a (political) piece for a paper about Columbus dealing with his treatment of Arawaks and what he was doing for Spain and so forth. Some clown wrote in protesting that Columbus "was a great Italian". I'm all like... wtf? Columbus was Italian? Well I guess he came from there but wtf does that have to do with politics?

In San Francisco, Columbus Day was the Italian Celebration Day, bub.

You libs just need to get over yourselves...I wish they would have served fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon at the school I attended.

When I was a kid, our grade school cafeteria served spaghetti to celebrate Columbus Day.

Clearly racist.

And they also had the nerve to serve corned beef and cabbage to honor of St. Patrick's Day.

More outrageous racism.

Fo Shizzle.

I once wrote a (political) piece for a paper about Columbus dealing with his treatment of Arawaks and what he was doing for Spain and so forth. Some clown wrote in protesting that Columbus "was a great Italian". I'm all like... wtf? Columbus was Italian? Well I guess he came from there but wtf does that have to do with politics?

leftard mecca proves they are fundamentally ignorant?

The fundamental ignorance is all yours:

The name Christopher Columbus is the Anglicisation of the Latin Christophorus Columbus. His name in Italian is Cristoforo Colombo, and in Spanish, it is Cristóbal Colón. Columbus was born before 31 October 1451 in territory of the Republic of Genoa, part of modern Italy, though the exact location remains disputed.

Christopher Columbus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1869 San Francisco's First Columbus Day Celebration is held, marking the first time in San Francisco and America that Italian-Americans gathered and held a parade to honor the accomplishments of Italians, as well as the first Italian-American, Christopher Columbus.

The Parade took place in San Francisco's downtown featuring the bands and marching units of Italian fraternal organizations, including the Garibaldi Guard, Swiss Guards and Lafayette Guards. Four floats were showcased: the first hosted the statue of Christopher Columbus, the second featured two girls representing Isabella of Spain and America, the third depicted the "Santa Maria" with a sailor dressed as Christopher Columbus; and the fourth honored Italian gardeners featuring their agricultural achieveme

History - Italian Heritage Parade

Does this mean there will no longer be tacos and burritos in a Mexican joint because this will be deemed "racist?"

Fucking OP…

What a race-bating asswipe.

And what does that make you, besides a racist?

The fundamental ignorance is all yours:

The name Christopher Columbus is the Anglicisation of the Latin Christophorus Columbus. His name in Italian is Cristoforo Colombo, and in Spanish, it is Cristóbal Colón. Columbus was born before 31 October 1451 in territory of the Republic of Genoa, part of modern Italy, though the exact location remains disputed.

Christopher Columbus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1869 San Francisco's First Columbus Day Celebration is held, marking the first time in San Francisco and America that Italian-Americans gathered and held a parade to honor the accomplishments of Italians, as well as the first Italian-American, Christopher Columbus.

The Parade took place in San Francisco's downtown featuring the bands and marching units of Italian fraternal organizations, including the Garibaldi Guard, Swiss Guards and Lafayette Guards. Four floats were showcased: the first hosted the statue of Christopher Columbus, the second featured two girls representing Isabella of Spain and America, the third depicted the "Santa Maria" with a sailor dressed as Christopher Columbus; and the fourth honored Italian gardeners featuring their agricultural achieveme

History - Italian Heritage Parade

Except HE, himself, did not consider to be Italian and named himself as Cristobal Colon :D

He was Portuguese or Catalan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_theories_of_Christopher_Columbus

Last edited:

Clearly racist.

More outrageous racism.

Fo Shizzle.

That's bizarre enough, but the paper I wrote it for was in Philadelphia. Where there's no such association. The point being, my article had nothing whatsoever to do with anybody's nationality or ethnicity; it was all about the politics of colonialism. Which, when he engaged in it, he was working for Spain anyway.

Last edited:

With tomato sauce?

Touché :clap2:

Unk's like the Dan Uggla of the message board. Strikes out a lot, terrible batting average, but every once in a while he connects. Tomatoes were of course unknown in Europe when Columbus sailed.

I had a roommate who would refuse to eat tomatoes because they're a nightshade and ergo poisonous. The fact that this lethal poison never kills anyone didn't faze her.

More for me.

Oy...Why in the world would a Catholic private school be so glaringly racist?

Officials at a Northern California private school are apologizing after a controversial lunch menu option to celebrate Black History Month.

Students at Carondelet High School for Girls in Concord wanted to come up with ways to observe the occasion during a lunchtime celebration Friday. But when the school announced a menu of fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon, other students and parents became offended.
KNTV-TV reports that school officials held an assembly on campus Wednesday to discuss the issue and also sent a letter apologizing to parents. Principal Nancy Libby wrote that the items were taken off of the menu and that the school doesn't perpetrate racial stereotypes.

It was offensive leaving chitterlings off of the menu.

Forum List

Back