Catholic or Protestant Bible?

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
I have curiously noted differences btwn catholic and protestant bible;

those are main differences:

The books of Judith, Tobie, Mcchabbé, Baruch some of Daniel and Esther don't exist in protestant bible!

NT
in Matthew
verses 6-13 and 27-35 don't exist in catholic bible.

Marc
verse 11-26 doesn't exist in catholic bible!

Luke
verse 1-28 doesn't exist in protestant bible.

verses 8-45; 9-56; 17-36, 24-42 are absent from catholic bible.

Acts

verses 8-37, 9-5, 9-6, 15-34, 24-6...etc are absent from catholic bible.

apostle John 5-7 doesn't exist in protestant bible :cuckoo:

EcumenicalBibleStudy1.jpg

How about just a christian bible, Denomination only means to devide, we are all children of one God, when Jesus gave the serman on the mount I dont think there were any denominations standing there.

How about just a christian bible, Denomination only means to devide, we are all children of one God, when Jesus gave the serman on the mount I dont think there were any denominations standing there.

The main denomination represented there was homos.

If Bible is considered the authentic word of god, so why those divergences btwn scriptures?!

there is surely manipulators who add and delete verses. :eusa_eh:

If Bible is considered the authentic word of god, so why those divergences btwn scriptures?!

The King James Version is accepted as the most correct translation of the Bible.

Be aware that the Bible talks about a time when the world will be awash in fake and misleading books of God. It is one of many signs that the end is nearing.

The King James Version is accepted as the most correct translation of the Bible.

Be aware that the Bible talks about a time when the world will be awash in fake and misleading books of God. It is one of many signs that the end is nearing.

Don't know about that. They went for poetry over accuracy, and our politics still suffer because they went for metric power over accurate translation in the 10 commandments. The original aramic had the word murder, but the committee that did the king james bible went for kill so as to preserve the rhythm.

Don't forget it is all translation.

it's not the matter of translation, we may get different translations with same sens.

There is deleted and added verses.

Look at this example:
acts 28-29 in protestant bible
And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, having much disputing among themselves
Read Bible Online Acts 26 - Acts 28

it's absent in catholic bible.

epistles John 5-7 in catholic bible
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-John-Chapter-5/

here it's not seen in protestant bible:
Read Bible Online 1 John

The KJV is certainly the best literary version of it.

It may actually be the best artistic work every done by a committee, really.

Don't know about that. They went for poetry over accuracy, and our politics still suffer because they went for metric power over accurate translation in the 10 commandments. The original aramic had the word murder, but the committee that did the king james bible went for kill so as to preserve the rhythm.

Don't forget it is all translation.

That's also how Joseph and Jesus became to be known as carpenters. The Greek word used was "technikon(sp?)" which means "craftsman". I saw a show on The History Channel once that said that they were more likely stone masons, since stone was used much more than wood for building in that place and time.

The authentic Word of God is Jesus Christ. The Bible just contains the Word of God. It also contains the words of good men and bad men. And the words of an ass rebuking his master on the side of a road.

The scriptures are useless without the Holy Spirit to teach us what they mean. And with the Spirit it doesn't matter what version of the scriptures we have. In fact, if you want to get the most, Id study all of them with the Spirit.

why protestants don't accept Books of Tobie, Judith, Esther...etc?

Forum List

Back