Catholic Church in bid to have Edwardian biscuit factory worker declared a saint

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Margaret Sinclair was declared "Venerable" by the Catholic Church in 1978, two steps away from sainthood, but since then her cause for canonization has largely stalled.

Now Archbishop Leo Cushley, of the St Andrews and Edinburgh Archdiocese, has started a new campaign to have Margaret, a one-time trade unionist, declared "Blessed" and then "Saint".

However, one ratified miracle is needed before she can be beatified and a second is required for the Pope to declare her a saint.

A miracle is said to prove that a person is in heaven and thus able to intercede with God on behalf of those seeking help on Earth.

Archbishop Cushley has appointed Father Joseph McAuley, a parish priest in Cumbernauld, to spearhead the campaign.

He said: "As my delegate Father McAuley will be working closely with me to promote Margaret's cause and to spread the message of this fascinating young woman.

"Margaret led an exemplary life as a lay person, who was very much a modern woman, a woman of her times, and who was also an exemplary religious sister albeit briefly before she died at the age of 25".

Catholic Church in bid to have Edwardian biscuit factory worker declared a saint Herald Scotland

No ratified miracle necessary. Sometimes you come across someone that is so genuinely wonderful that it's a flat out miracle that these people even exist at all.

Not that my voice counts in the above matter but still.

I prefer making saints the biblical way. Through baptism and the laying on of hands.

but I wish them luck regardless

I prefer making saints the biblical way. Through baptism and the laying on of hands.

No one makes saints except for God, who predestined the elect before the foundation of the world.

Salvation is open to every living soul, Max. God knew before the foundations of the earth who would receive salvation through Jesus Christ, yes, but all are invited to come.

You are correct. Once again the Roman Church is acting as if they are God and declaring who is a saint and who is not when the Bible is clear that all who Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved - are saints - and we should be Baptized after we have repented of our sins and accepted Christ as our Savior. Which proves two things. First, the Roman Catholic Church teaches false doctrine - you cannot be declared a Saint - only God makes us a saint through receiving Christ and being born again - and second a baby should not be baptized as it could not possibly understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ, repent of sin and be born again. If a baby should die - it immediately goes to heaven. There is no such thing as a place called "Limbo" where babies go. That's three false doctrines and there are MANY more. MANY MORE. The truth is found in the Authorized King James Bible.

There are saints and there are Saints. Saints are no higher than saints. The difference lies in the fact that their lives here on earth present us with a great example and inspiration on Christianity as a way of life. As only God can judge the human heart, the Catholic Church is very careful and goes through what some may even see as extreme measures and investigations, before conferring the title of Saint. Margaret Sinclair is a saint, and considered venerable (here on Earth) at that.

Forum List

Back