Catholic Church gives D.C. ultimatum

Excellent. Challenge my spelling... Nice. Congrats on that.

Fact is, the Catholic Church doesn't advocate stoning its flock, does it?

You're pissed because the Church doesn't do what you want it do to. Tough. If you're a Catholic, you should be used to having the Church do things that you disagree with. That's life in the Catholic faith.

They aren't gonna support Gay Marriage. End of Conversation. I don't know why the whining about stoning people or poor people suffering has become such an obsession with you but whatever.

I'm not pissed, I'm disappointed that the Church is not following the word of Jesus and the bible in this instance.

I don't expect the Catholic church to support Gay Marriage. However, much like you don't support Shiria Law I'm sure to be put forth in America, I don't want Church Doctrine to be making up our laws either. There is a thing called "seperation of church and state" that was stressed by many of our Founding Fathers including Jefferson. America was the first Liberal state, based on the ideology of Liberalism which one of the foundations was religious tolerance.

The RCC isn't trying to "make up our laws".

Exaggerate much? Dayam! :rolleyes:

Under the bill, headed for a D.C. Council vote next month, religious organizations would not be required to perform or make space available for same-sex weddings. But they would have to obey city laws prohibiting discrimination against gay men and lesbians.

Can someone explain to me how the second sentence doesn't contradict the first?

it's a matter of public funding to a catholic suborganization that acts as the charity. No one expects catholics to let gays have weddings but they DO expect public money that funds a catholic charity to abide by the same employment requirements as anyone else.

Like I said... don't like the public standard then don't take the public money.

Guess what?

The RCC doesn't need the public money.

It doesn't have to take it, because it doesn't need it.

Therefore it won't be strong-armed into violating it's core beliefs.

It's that simple.

I don't really see a problem with this on either side.

The government is saying, if you want our money, play by our rules.

The Church is replying, your rules violate our rules, therefore keep your money and have a nice day.

Sure, it's unfortunate that the real losers are needy poor people, but anyone that expects the church to compromise on a core principal in order to keep a gravy train flowing just doesn't get it.

I saw some retard say that the church is hypocritical if they do this. WRONG. They are hypocritical if they don't, and whores on top of that.

it's a matter of public funding to a catholic suborganization that acts as the charity. No one expects catholics to let gays have weddings but they DO expect public money that funds a catholic charity to abide by the same employment requirements as anyone else.

Yeah .... and We need more Conservatives working for The DNC Right. Maybe in Accounting???? You are really making sense.

Que? the DNC what? talk about making sense....

And, again, if you don't like our public discrimination standards then don't hold your hand out for public money. it's as simple as that.

The Church is replying, your rules violate our rules, therefore keep your money and have a nice day.

Sure, it's unfortunate that the real losers are needy poor people, but anyone that expects the church to compromise on a core principal in order to keep a gravy train flowing just doesn't get it.

Bingo!

manifold said:
I saw some retard say that the church is hypocritical if they do this. WRONG. They are hypocritical if they don't, and whores on top of that.

Exactly right! :clap2:

Guess what?

The RCC doesn't need the public money.

It doesn't have to take it, because it doesn't need it.

Therefore it won't be strong-armed into violating it's core beliefs.

It's that simple.

:lol:

yea.. tell that to the ghost of the catholic charities adoption arm. hey, don't take our money. Your congregations have been dwindling anyway. Maybe the pope will have a garage sale in order to fund charity work.

And, again, if you don't like our public discrimination standards then don't hold your hand out for public money. it's as simple as that.

Sounds to me like that is exactly what they are doing. They're just being honest about what that will do to the services they provide.

PS: In case you missed it, you still owe me my O'Reilly war on Christmas pool rep.

Excellent. Challenge my spelling... Nice. Congrats on that.

Fact is, the Catholic Church doesn't advocate stoning its flock, does it?

You're pissed because the Church doesn't do what you want it do to. Tough. If you're a Catholic, you should be used to having the Church do things that you disagree with. That's life in the Catholic faith.

They aren't gonna support Gay Marriage. End of Conversation. I don't know why the whining about stoning people or poor people suffering has become such an obsession with you but whatever.

I'm not pissed, I'm disappointed that the Church is not following the word of Jesus and the bible in this instance.

I don't expect the Catholic church to support Gay Marriage. However, much like you don't support Shiria Law I'm sure to be put forth in America, I don't want Church Doctrine to be making up our laws either. There is a thing called "seperation of church and state" that was stressed by many of our Founding Fathers including Jefferson. America was the first Liberal state, based on the ideology of Liberalism which one of the foundations was religious tolerance.

So stop doing damage to the Church and Respect It's Separation from The State.

sure thing... just as soon as your bank account stops siphoning funds from tax money.

The Church follows the teachings of Jesus. A damned sight more than our government do. If you are so keen on the separation of Church and State, then the States should not take any money from Churches. I have no problem with that. But States cannot take money from Churches and expect the Church to compromise its core values for the sake of political correctness.

When the Church begins to say "we won't give you money for __" then they are discriminating and going against exactly what Christ said. Did you fail to read the verse I quoted earlier? Love thy enemy. Saying you wish to see your enemy killed or that they should be taken out of society because they are abominations against God is not loving thy enemy.

Legally, the Church can do whatever they want. I'm not disagreeing with that. Morally, what the church is doing however, is wrong.

Besides, one of the Church's core values is giving to others. Giving to others is mentioned a helluva lot more than the Gays in the Bible. So which takes precedence? The thing that was mentioned 2-3 times or the thing mentioned over a hundred times?

Quit quoting meaningless bible verses. Idiot. Are you saying that gays are the enemies of Catholics? Because that is no more true than Catholics stoning people. You talk drivel.

You seem to have very little understanding of the religion you profess to practice. If you did, you wouldn't ask about whether charity take precedence over gays. It's a ridiculous comparison - apples to orangutangs.

Sounds to me like that is exactly what they are doing. They're just being honest about what that will do to the services they provide.

PS: In case you missed it, you still owe me my O'Reilly war on Christmas pool rep.

indeed. hiring a fag to work at the front desk usually does restrict the productivity of feeding the homeless.

Catholics should take a lesson from jebus on issues like this. Maybe they should remember who said, "he that is sinnless may cast the first stone" and why. Until then, let them lose public funding even if it means crying fould about charity work that they won't be able to do without tax funds greasing their wheels.

Quit quoting meaningless bible verses. Idiot. Are you saying that gays are the enemies of Catholics? Because that is no more true than Catholics stoning people. You talk drivel.

You seem to have very little understanding of the religion you profess to practice. If you did, you wouldn't ask about whether charity take precedence over gays. It's a ridiculous comparison - apples to orangutangs.

So now the bible is meaningless? Or is it only meaningless when it goes against your arguments? :rofl:

And according to many in the church, yes, Gays are enemies of the Catholics.

If you had a understanding of Christ and his teachings that you profess to know while talking about "CANNON law" so much, then maybe you'd understand that he cared more about charity and giving to others than petty hate.

indeed. hiring a fag to work at the front desk usually does restrict the productivity of feeding the homeless.

Catholics should take a lesson from jebus on issues like this. Maybe they should remember who said, "he that is sinnless may cast the first stone" and why. Until then, let them lose public funding even if it means crying fould about charity work that they won't be able to do without tax funds greasing their wheels.

:lol:

The bottom line is that the Catholic Church is willing to forgo the public funding in order to adhere to their principles, just like you say they should.

But don't let that get in the way of grinding your perpetually dull axe! :rofl:

I find it hard to believe that the church is employing same sex couples to begin with. :eusa_eh:

That's a great point.
It's possible I'm missing something, but the way the article reads this is what troubles them...if they take government money they must provide their same sex coupled employees benefits.

I don't understand why they hired gay employees anyway, but if they did I imagine it has something to do with non-discrimination and taking government money.

Only now do they object...why?

Perhaps only a few homeless people will die while DC finds someone else to fill the gap...but it is still a few people that died because the Church doesn't want to give benefits to their own employees???

The Government should also be saying that because of The Separation of Church and State, The Church does have Exemption Privileges and Rights.

Under the bill, headed for a D.C. Council vote next month, religious organizations would not be required to perform or make space available for same-sex weddings. But they would have to obey city laws prohibiting discrimination against gay men and lesbians.

I may be wrong on this, but are you even sure that Catholic Charities takes government funding? I don't think they do.

Immie

Just for the non-Catholics, who think the same sex marriage thing is an issue for the Catholic Church because the Church is anti-gay, the Catholic Church outlines 4 principles for marriage:

You are choose to marry, without external pressure.

You intend to remain together for the rest of your life.

You intend to remain faithful to one another.

Unless the bride is past childbearing age, you intend to have at least one child during the course of your marriage.

Marriage to Catholics is for the procreation of children.

Don't forget the other part of that.

If one of the partners is non-Catholic, the other partner must agree to raise the child(ren) as Catholic.

Immie

Then you aren't much of a Catholic :doubt:

Question my faith? Take a hike Sunni. We all know you'll agree with the ladies here, especially with your stances towards Gays. I'm sure you would still love to see them all killed.

If you're a Catholic then you accept the teachings of the Catholic Church. I suspect your 'Catholism' is little more than a baptisimal certificate and not based on any real understanding of the doctrines of the Church.

Wait. :eusa_hand:

He goes to Mass on Christmas Eve at Midnight and also on Easter Sunday.

There....it had to be said. *phew*

California Girl said:
If you are a Catholic, you should know about how much the Church does for the poor across the world.

This would be an Inconventient Truth for Dogbert.

He's not only America hating, but he hates "his church" as well.

:eusa_naughty:

Forum List

Back