Catholic Betrayal, 4/11/2010

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Today, April 11th 2010, is the closing of the Parish of St. Peter, in Cleveland, Ohio. This church is 150 years old, and is a historic landmark of the city. The Parish had raised more than enough funds to pay for the Church's continued operation, yet that money was confiscated by the diocese to pay their debts incurred during recent child abuse litigation.

medium_st-peter-church-appeal.jpg

Last week was the Church's final mass, with the Pastor delivering an angry speech condemning the Cleveland Diocese leadership to hell. Shortly after the final mass, Bishop Lennon arrived with police, to close down the building and disperse the angry parishioners.

Much to his surprise, however, the Church was empty, save for a small pouch left on the altar. In front of the pouch, a note "To: Bishop Lennon, From: The People of St. Peter's"

Inside the small pouch?

Thirty pieces of silver.

Last edited:
Could this litigation destroy the Catholic Church?
Churches that were overloaded with parishioners on an average Sunday 15 years ago, cannot fill the pews on Easter and Christmas.

Bishop Lennon, member of the Knights Hospitaller, received his first appointment in 2001, as an assistant for Cardinal Law of the Boston Archdiocese. When Cardinal Law resigned over the sex abuse allegations, Lennon was promoted to full Bishop, and he clamped down upon the situation with an iron fist.

As a result of his "success" in dealing with the scandal in Boston, in 2006 Lennon was personally appointed, by Pope Benedict, to be the new Bishop of Cleveland. During his tenure, he reached settlements with all outstanding suits, re-emphasized the Vatican's legal authority over its property, and announced the closure of over 30 churches across Cleveland. Further, he has fired all female employees working for the Cleveland Diocese, and has forced local nuns back into the habit.

2007_01_31_ClevelandScene_TheGodly_ph_Lennon.jpg

Rather fittingly, the Holy See's knight is a hatchet man.

Last edited:
I hope Bishop Lennon gets the irony of it. The arrogance of some of the Catholic leadership is breathtaking. I often wonder what God makes of their attitude. I suspect He is not impressed and, in due course, I think the leadership will find that out.

I have always had the theory Earth is just the public housing in God's real estate.

I hope Bishop Lennon gets the irony of it. The arrogance of some of the Catholic leadership is breathtaking. I often wonder what God makes of their attitude. I suspect He is not impressed and, in due course, I think the leadership will find that out.

The Catholic Church has no connection to God. They specifically do not believe any Prophet has existed since Biblical times. The only people that can talk to God and receive his answer in specific form is a Prophet. The Catholic Church is run by men who ADMIT they have no contact with God save prayer, same as you and me.

It could because the Catholic Church knew about it and some of their ranking officers continued to put dangerous individuals in roles in which they could abuse kids.

The quickest way out of it is to kick the child molestors out. But I do not think the Catholic Church can do that and remain true to their name. Remember, the RCC does have a policy of helping those that no one wants to help. Of course, there are some hopeless people that will bring the church down if the church continues along this policy.

It looks like the RCC is facing a very dangerous period in its existance. Finance troubles, priests shortage, child molestors ravaging the church--it is an Atheo-Hedonists wet dream!

Churches that were overloaded with parishioners on an average Sunday 15 years ago, cannot fill the pews on Easter and Christmas.

Bishop Lennon, member of the Knights Hospitaller, received his first appointment in 2001, as an assistant for Cardinal Law of the Boston Archdiocese. When Cardinal Law resigned over the sex abuse allegations, Lennon was promoted to full Bishop, and he clamped down upon the situation with an iron fist.

As a result of his "success" in dealing with the scandal in Boston, in 2006 Lennon was personally appointed, by Pope Benedict, to be the new Bishop of Cleveland. During his tenure, he reached settlements with all outstanding suits, re-emphasized the Vatican's legal authority over its property, and announced the closure of over 30 churches across Cleveland. Further, he has fired all female employees working for the Cleveland Diocese, and has forced local nuns back into the habit.

Sound like he did what others could not do. Put an end to BS

Yeah...fired all female employees....that's getting rid of the BS.

Yeah...fired all female employees....that's getting rid of the BS.

Yes--he should have fired all employees in order to help with finances.

Forum List

Back