Caterpillar to Build new Plant in Georgia

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
so long Peoria, hello North Athens, Joeja......:clap2:

right to work state to, imagine that:eusa_whistle:

Caterpillar Strikes Deal to Build Georgia Plant

Caterpillar Inc. said it chose a site near Athens, Ga., for a new $200 million factory that will employ about 1,400 people and make construction equipment currently produced in Sagami, Japan.

more at-
Caterpillar Strikes Deal to Build Georgia Plant - WSJ.com

In addition to the 1400 new jobs at the Cat plant, there'll be another 2800 more new jobs created for satellite companies such as suppliers. No mention of any kind of tax deal, but it's great that they're moving operations back here from overseas. I'm guessing rising shipping costs probably played a part in the decision too.

Japanese wages are getting to the level where US labor is cheaper

I haven't seen any data yet to support this, but I'm guessing wages in many other places around the world probably are going up, as are shipping costs to make stuff overseas and ship it back here.

I saw a blurb the other day ala japan plans on raising taxes across the board....so, trickle down and the Ill. tax rise says, go somewhere else.

Imagine that, capital and manuf. moving to a friendly tax & non union climate.....:rolleyes:

Georgia recently got a KIA plant too, I wonder if anyone has any data about new plants opening up in RTW states vs union states lately.

The selection came after the Peoria, Ill., maker of heavy equipment reviewed proposals from "more than 100 communities in three dozen states plus Canada and Mexico," a spokesman said on Friday.

Wonder what sort of massive tax giveaways the Georgia taxpayers will end up having to give to Caterillar?

Georgia obviously gave away more than those 99 other communities.

so long Peoria, hello North Athens, Joeja......:clap2:

right to work state to, imagine that:eusa_whistle:

Caterpillar Strikes Deal to Build Georgia Plant

Caterpillar Inc. said it chose a site near Athens, Ga., for a new $200 million factory that will employ about 1,400 people and make construction equipment currently produced in Sagami, Japan.

more at-
Caterpillar Strikes Deal to Build Georgia Plant - WSJ.com

WHAT!!!! :neutral:

Illinois didn't get the contract!! :neutral:

I'm shocked!! :neutral: I tell you! :neutral:

SHOCKED!!!! :neutral:

Forum List

Back