Category 4

Now they are predicting that this hurricane could be a category 5 by Friday...Galveston is evacuating already. If this sucker turns more northward than they think it will , New Orleans and surrounding areas will cease to exist all together.

Looks like I could be right in the teeth of this one.

They are already evacuating invalids and nursing home residents from all over the area here, and they have a graduated mandatory evacuation plan in place - first Galveston, then sequentially up I-45 towards Houston. It seems like a good plan if everyone follows it.

It is already impossible to find bottled water, batteries, masking tape, etc., but of course those things are more important if one is staying put. There are long lines at the gas stations, many stations are out of gasoline, and many ATMs are out of cash. Traffic on the major freeways is already bumper to bumper.

I have to work the next 4 days, so I have to stay, but my family is moving to the other side of town. If it gets too hairy, I can sleep at the hospital.

The worst part won't be the hurricane itself, since most are evacuating well ahead of time....it will be the several days afterwards without power, ice, air conditioning, food, etc. And of course the cleanup.

Good luck to all of those in the path of this storm; I pray that we all come through it safely.

Good luck doc.........I'm sure you'll be busy for the next few days/weeks.

We'll be thinking of you and hope to hear that you are OK when you can get back online.

speederdoc said:
Looks like I could be right in the teeth of this one.

They are already evacuating invalids and nursing home residents from all over the area here, and they have a graduated mandatory evacuation plan in place - first Galveston, then sequentially up I-45 towards Houston. It seems like a good plan if everyone follows it.

It is already impossible to find bottled water, batteries, masking tape, etc., but of course those things are more important if one is staying put. There are long lines at the gas stations, many stations are out of gasoline, and many ATMs are out of cash. Traffic on the major freeways is already bumper to bumper.

I have to work the next 4 days, so I have to stay, but my family is moving to the other side of town. If it gets too hairy, I can sleep at the hospital.

The worst part won't be the hurricane itself, since most are evacuating well ahead of time....it will be the several days afterwards without power, ice, air conditioning, food, etc. And of course the cleanup.

Good luck to all of those in the path of this storm; I pray that we all come through it safely.

Good Luck and Godspeed, Doc. My prayers are with you and yours!

Forum List

Back