• I'm a Progressive and I say "Go For it!"

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'm a Conservative and I'm against it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Progressive and I'm against it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF is a Catalonia?

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm Jake Starkey and I say Seditious Catalonians and their ilk need to be taught a lesson

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Wtf is a "Progressive"?

Exactly how old do you think people ARE around here? :wtf:

Progressive is a nice way of saying Communist or Fascist

Might want to let Teddy Roosevelt know about that.

Modern Progressives are progressing toward fascism; Teddy would Patton slap them

That's just it Frank --- there are no "modern Progressives". By now they're so long gone that the genus and species of the worms that used to crawl in and out of the eye sockets of their cadavers have vanished from the face of the earth*.

*Thanks to David Bromberg....

Before that happened though, when they did exist, Teddy was a Progressive. He even named his political party that.

I don't know much about Spanish politics and have never been to Spain,

--- but do you kinda like the music? :)

For some perspective, from another thread....

The Catalonia independence movement has actually been around nearly a century. Some wags here are just now finding out about it. And the latest wave of such elections has been going on for several years.

And it's one of many around Europe -- we hear prominently of the IRA and the Basques, not so much about myriad others.

Here's a map of just the separatist/autonomy movements that are current in Spain alone:

437px-Separatismos_na_Espanha.svg.png
Catalonia is the light green on the east, including the Majorca islands; the Basques would be the darker green extending into France. The yellow in the northwest corner would be Galícia. It's marked by the same mountain range that separates Spain and Portugal, hence the language thing.

That comes from this Wiki page, which leads off with, as it happens, a picture of a Catalonia independence rally from five years ago.

We touched on this a few months ago when a terrorist drove a truck into pedestrians in Barcelona, and my suggestion that it could be related to this very separatist movement was met with derision from those who had no clue what I was talking about and just wanted to yell "Moooooooooslims" or "Joooooooooooos" or whatever the bigotry target of the day was.

Forum List

Back