Cat Stevens?

He is no different than any other Muslim when it comes to "explaining" his beliefs.
How do you really say you are a "peace lover" when you belong to the only religion in the world that systematically teaches/supports/celebrates hatred of all others? How do you save face when talking to a westerner when you belong to a sect that severely denigrates women and turns a blind eye to the beatings and even death of them if the men around them choose to inflict it?

Cat Stevens said on his old web page that the quran says the sun orbits the galaxy, and this is an incredible revelation . Because Muhammad could not have know that unless he got a message from God. But I am pleased to tell him that what the quran actually says is that the sun orbits the earth. Muslim Imams are lying when they interpret the quranic verses as meaning the sun orbits the galaxy, they must know it really says the sun orbits the earth. But they cannot admit it or Islam would collapse. And so it bloody well should.

Anyone remember him? Yeah, he was banned from US for some 'unreasonable causes', he is interviewed. Links at site:

Cat Stevens Refuses to Denounce Hamas - Little Green Footballs

Cat Stevens Refuses to Denounce Hamas

In this Sunday’s New York Times, Deborah Solomon interviews Islamopop star Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam, aka Yusuf—and the way he answers questions about his support for terrorists is incredibly revealing in its shifty evasiveness: Trying to Get Cat Stevens To Back or Bash Hamas. (Hat tip: NJDhockeyfan.)

But then she raises the obviously still touchy issue of attempts abroad to link him to funding various extremist groups, including Hamas. He had just said he still sells about 1.5 million albums a year netting him a small fortune. What does he think of Hamas?

“That’s an extremely loaded question,” he replies. Pressed further, he says, “I have never supported a terrorist group or any group that did other than charity and good to humankind.”

Solomon responds by saying, fine, but many Americans would like moderate Muslims, such as himself, to denounce the extremists. Wouldn’t he at least say he has “contempt” for Hamas?

“I wouldn’t put those words in my mouth,” he complains. “I wouldn’t say anything on that issue. I’m here to talk about peace. I’m a man who does want peace for this world,” says the man who wrote “Peace Train,” adding, “and I don’t think you will achieve that by putting people into corners and asking them very, very difficult questions about very contentious issues.”​

Of course I remember him. One of the finest musical talents of my youth. I really missed his music after he stopped writing and singing love longs and contemporary/pop of the late 60's and 70's. What a damn shame it was.

Forum List

Back