Cat question, or maybe just an observation.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
The other day I was over at a friends house and he gave me a glass of water, and a straw. I just let the straw lay there and he told me if I wasn't going to use the straw to give it back to him or the cat would get it. I laughed and said what does your cat want with straws? He said the cat takes them and puts them under the rug in the living room. I laughed again and said ok man, here's your straw back, but what the heck are you on about?

He called me in the living room where he showed me the cat with a straw in his mouth, and then he lifted up the rug. WTF? There must have been about 30 straws under there! WTF?

everyone know's cats are crazy, and, most likely, aliens

980x.jpg

Wait! Let's go back here. Your friend gave you a glass of water and a straw? Was this going to end with something in your ass?

little straw thief!!!!!!! :smiliehug::smiliehug:

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day I was over at a friends house and he gave me a glass of water, and a straw. I just let the straw lay there and he told me if I wasn't going to use the straw to give it back to him or the cat would get it. I laughed and said what does your cat want with straws? He said the cat takes them and puts them under the rug in the living room. I laughed again and said ok man, here's your straw back, but what the heck are you on about?

He called me in the living room where he showed me the cat with a straw in his mouth, and then he lifted up the rug. WTF? There must have been about 30 straws under there! WTF?

this may be your friend! hilarious!

Our cat Monster loves straws. He hides them under the rug and "discovers" it hours, days, sometimes weeks later. This is a video of him trying to get one of his straws from under the rug.

Cats are, indeed, strange animals. I never had one until I was 43ish and, since we were living in the country, the wife insisted upon a cat to combat a field mouse problem. We ended up with two free ones off of Craigslist from a woman who was pregnant, became allergic to cats, didn't want to split them up.

My first degree was in behavioral psychology. Being a dog person, I understood dogs, but cats were, literally, a completely different animal and I enjoyed observing their, often erratic and irrational, behavior. Example; a cat sitting for over half an hour staring at a blank wall. WTF?

Cats are, indeed, strange animals. I never had one until I was 43ish and, since we were living in the country, the wife insisted upon a cat to combat a field mouse problem. We ended up with two free ones off of Craigslist from a woman who was pregnant, became allergic to cats, didn't want to split them up.

My first degree was in behavioral psychology. Being a dog person, I understood dogs, but cats were, literally, a completely different animal and I enjoyed observing their, often erratic and irrational, behavior. Example; a cat sitting for over half an hour staring at a blank wall. WTF?
They're hunting. They hear and smell much better than we do, and if your cat is staring at a blank wall for half an hour, and there's no shadow, there's probably something behind the wall....

I know.... I was always a dog person but some time ago I got a cat and I love him so now....

Hey....when you think they stare at a blank wall,no! I bet it's not blank ...there is a bug in there, hiding somewhere waiting to get out....cats sense it...

Cat's are patient creatures... :biggrin:

the cat hears something in the wall that you dont

I have had dogs and cats, both cats had some strange attributes. Max would fetch, just like a dog, and both Sammy and Max went crazy for Cantaloupe, both ate it as if it were shrimp.

our first cat uses the toilet

we are in the process of teaching our new kitten to do the same thing

A useful skill. We have a doggie door and the cat loves it too. Both for toilet reasons but also for nocturnal hunting.

indeed

it is much less of a hassle and you dont get that cat box smell

we kept an emergency cat box handy for baby

in case the dog was playing you shall not pass

--LOL

currently there is a box elevated right next to the toilet

A useful skill. We have a doggie door and the cat loves it too. Both for toilet reasons but also for nocturnal hunting.

indeed

it is much less of a hassle and you dont get that cat box smell

we kept an emergency cat box handy for baby

in case the dog was playing you shall not pass

--LOL

currently there is a box elevated right next to the toilet
Our current cat is fully clawed and about the size of our beagle. We also have a Lab mix and inherited a Shih Tzu. If anyone is playing the "Thou Shalt Not Pass" game, it's the frickin' cat. The Lab grew up as a pup around the cat. She used to be afraid of it, but now, while she still respects those claws, will bark harshly at the cat until it grows annoyed and moves.

They're hunting. They hear and smell much better than we do, and if your cat is staring at a blank wall for half an hour, and there's no shadow, there's probably something behind the wall....

Greeblings.

>> Then bright light blinded us as a door flew open. A bigfoot--an old, skinny one with blue pictures on his arms--barreled up the stairs, his glow as red as any I've ever seen . That was it for me. Later, Princess. I streaked for the alley mouth.

The black gut wasn't around anymore. Of course he wasn't; it was raining. I hate getting wet! Redoubling my speed, I zoomed by the wooden wall, up the metal climbing thing. By now I was wet, bleeding, hungry, and thoroughly miserable.

The window was closed.

Have you ever wanted to just quit? This wasn't supposed to be happening to me! I blinked, and peered through the glass. My God, the place was full of greeblings! With nobody doing anything about it!! Can you possibly comprehend the frustration I felt? The closet was gaping open, defenseless. Where the hell was Grover??

Need I have asked? I went to the next window, the one into the back room. There he was, all right--lying between Boss and Big Yellow, all three of them sleeping away with these stupid, contented smiles. I meowed at the top of my lungs. Nothing; the storm was so loud I could hardly hear myself. Guess who spent the night in the rain?

Well, what the hell, everything worked out okay. My shoulder hurts some every once in a while, but Big Yellow took such good care of me that, by and large, I soon felt fine again, and we became great friends. Then life got better--she moved in. That was the end of Boss's trouble; he began playing the tone machine regularly again, and his glow's been bright and clean ever since. << --- A Cat Tale (revised)
--- I read the original version of this a million years ago, I think in the National Lampoon.

Last edited:

Obviously a "straw-cat" argument.

Cats like anyone else like to collect things and play later. They are very curious and mystifying creatures.

Forum List

Back