Cat Person or Dog Person?

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
I said it before...there's an awful lot of pussycats around here.

So what are you, a cat person or a dog person?

I'm a cat person who owns a small dog. I get cats. I do not get the dog. Dogs are needy. Cat's are brats.....and I love them. Dogs need to be petted constantly, they sniff you and lick you and don't stop jumping up and down when you come home. Cats just come to you when they feel like it and they don't move much. They go out when they need to and they are clean and neat about their duty and they purr. They also sit in window sills, lay in the sunshine....and give you dirty looks when they are sick of the brand food you buy. They make me laugh

Dogs do that thing where they drag their ass on the floor and they always have accidents EVEN when you have a doggy door. Dogs make me nervous.

Cats are so much better :)

Last edited:
I said it before...there's an awful lot of pussycats around here.

So what are you, a cat person or a dog person?

I'm a cat person who owns a small dog. I get cats. I do not get the dog. Dogs are needy. Cat's are brats.....and I love them. Dogs need to be petted constantly, they sniff you and lick you and don't stop jumping up and down when you come home. Cats just come to you when they feel like it and they don't move much. They go out when they need to and they are clean and neat about their duty and they purr. They also sit in window sills, lay in the sunshine....and give you dirty looks when they are sick of the brand food you buy. They make me laugh

Dogs do what thing where they drag their ass on the floor and they always have accidents EVEN when you have a doggy door. Dogs make me nervous.

Cats are so much better :)

Dog person. So much so that we just spent $3000 bringing our dog to the US with us when he only cost $500 to buy in the first place.

English Springer Spaniel called Gibby (named after my favorite Detroit Tiger).

I go back and forth, I can't decide.

Definitely no to little wussy dogs, give me a big ol mastiff or lab or something like this.

I was anti cat for a long time, after being a pro-cat kid. We got a cat for the kids, and the cat has decided that she likes me best (blech) so I am slowly getting hooked on cats again.

Dogs may drag their butt on the floor but cats always stick their butts in your face. Yech.

Come to think of it I am a horse person.

cats are cool ...but there is no Question that the man / dog relationship is one of much greater piratical reward...bottom line.. I like my cats.. but ..for my beloved pit that would die for me...if it was her or them..I would convert them into dog food in a heart beat

Cat person because they are so independent, but I like dogs, too. Cats are smarter and clean themselves, but they also like to bring critters in the house and let them go. They have brought in rats, mice, birds, squirrels and roaches, and sometimes it takes days to track them down. We've got 2 giant labs that are great, but they would eat the cats if they could. Our dogs like to jump in our laps, but they forget they are well over 100 pounds so it can be comical and painful at the same time.

Cat person because they are so independent, but I like dogs, too. Cats are smarter and clean themselves, but they also like to bring critters in the house and let them go. They have brought in rats, mice, birds, squirrels and roaches, and sometimes it takes days to track them down. We've got 2 giant labs that are great, but they would eat the cats if they could. Our dogs like to jump in our laps, but they forget they are well over 100 pounds so it can be comical and painful at the same time.

100 lbs is truly a large lab.

100 lbs is truly a large lab.

They are 124 and 137 pounds and are not overweight. We had no idea they would get that big. They are wonderful dogs, but they will destroy anything in the yard if they can. Most people are scared to death of them because they are so big and black, but they're just labs. They are good hunters, so if a smaller animal gets in their yard they are usually toast.

I love labs, I used to have a beautiful yellow lab that recently got put to sleep and I went over to my golden

2 Siberian huskies (Nali & Critter) and one Aussie cattle dog (Salty).

One cat that my wife hand raised (Tonka) and one we rescued as a kitten after some asshole tossed her out of a moving car (Cleocatra).

I would say my lovely wife and I are dog people first but animal people overall

They're all good.

Comparing dogs to cats or vice versa is plain old silly.

They've got completely different personalities and offer their room mates completely different benefits.

Cats give us hairballs and deliver mutilated dead --or sometimes, for a real laugh riot half dead -- mice to us in our beds.

Dogs like to share that sweet odor of decaying flesh by rolling in it and then helping us orderize our furniture with it

Who cannot love such generousity of spirit as that which our canine and feline familiy members both give us?

Dog person. But my daughter has a really cool cat named nightmare who I kind of like.

My needy little doggie lol

clarisse.jpg

Forum List

Back