"cat people" I get it now

I am a cat person. Have been all of my life.

True story: A cat killed a huge Texas scorpion in my crib when I was an infant. I owe a debt of gratitude to all cats.

That said, I only have one cat at a time, I mean, i don't go overboard.

True story: A cat killed a huge Texas scorpion in my crib when I was an infant. I owe a debt of gratitude to all cats.

I've found that most cats like having some company when I'm at work. Two works pretty well. I do some cat rescue though. I have a limit, but it's definitely more than one. Some of my friends tease me about being a "cat-whisperer" because I have always been able to quickly integrate a new cat into my multi-cat household.
My best friend is a dog person, a one-dog-at-a-time guy.

As a cat person....expert...perhaps you can answer this age old question:

If one straps a piece of buttered toast on a cat's back, and drops it out of a window...

will it land on it's feet, or buttered side down?

Cats are recommended in scorpion territory. A cat can clean out a scorpion nest in no time. A cat can bite the head off a scorpion faster than the scorpion can sting.

Cats are recommended in scorpion territory. A cat can clean out a scorpion nest in no time. A cat can bite the head off a scorpion faster than the scorpion can sting.

Although I am not in scorpion territory, I do not have spiders, flies, or mice around my house. I host a healthy feral cat colony in my barn. I feed them and when there's excess milk, they get that. Since I started feeding those cats, I have no more mice in the barn and feed bins.
An aside: I went to my "overlook" one morning and the big orange cat that's been around lately was sitting in front of one of the stalls. She was surrounded by kids challenging her, hopping and bouncing in all directions. One of the kids nosed at the cat, who flipped over on his back and started playing with the kids. He didn't run away, and the kids kept playing. I was surprised to see the cat actually playing with the babies.

New sites cater to canine couch surfers - CNN.com
Rover.com launched in Seattle in November and went national this week, attracting over 10,000 people signing up to both host dogs and use the services of dog hosts. Dogvacay.com launched in March and already has had 6,000 people apply to be hosts across the country (1700 have been accepted so far).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back