Cat Lovers Thread

e4b7cb4562d61fba6981e32baa6b9da5.jpg

how safe are cat collars? I have 2 cats that I want to get ear tipped and microchipped. They are indoor only except when supervised outside in a fenced back yard. I tried those break away collars but they come off 100 times a week.

whats the best collar that stays on, yet safe?
I used a small leather collar and had no problems. The cloth ones, when the cat tries to dig at it to get it off, they get their claws hooked in it and get themselves tangled up in in. My cat had a small leather collar and a little silver tag. He was fine with it.

how safe are cat collars? I have 2 cats that I want to get ear tipped and microchipped. They are indoor only except when supervised outside in a fenced back yard. I tried those break away collars but they come off 100 times a week.

There are many cat collars advertised that are good....but if you're getting them microchipped and they are indoor only (except when supervised outside in a fenced yard) why do you think they need collars? We have five cats, two indoor only, one indoor-outdoor, and two outdoor only and none of them wear collars. They've worn the flea collars that break-away in the past, and true they come off easy so now we use other types of medication for fleas. Of course, we live in the country (sort of) and have acreage so they don't go outside our fence much. One of them does, but we've never had any problems.

Forum List

Back