Cat 5!

The ClayTaurus said:
Can we all stop being passive-agressive and just start debating global warming? I still think that chart doesn't prove or disprove global warming, as we discussed in another thread.
No one has even mentioned that but, what's the point in debating something that can't be proven?
It's like the religion threads..A circle to nowhere. :)

Can we all stop being passive-agressive and just start debating global warming? I still think that chart doesn't prove or disprove global warming, as we discussed in another thread.
Agreed. Obviously something is happening to the environment that is causing the atmosphere to heat up, the oceans to get warmer and the polar icecaps to melt at a faster rate than has ever been recorded before. The question is, is it global warming or is it natural Earth weather cycles? I read today in my school paper that a professor is doing research on greenhouse gases produced by the interaction of seawater and organic material with the mainland. It has something to do with decomposition or evaporation or something. Anyway, it's obvious something's going on. I think the anti-global warming people should not be defensive about global warming. It's not just humans causing it. Greenhouse gases are produced by a variety of other factors.

Hagbard Celine said:
Agreed. Obviously something is happening to the environment that is causing the atmosphere to heat up, the oceans to get warmer and the polar icecaps to melt at a faster rate than has ever been recorded before. The question is, is it global warming or is it natural Earth weather cycles? I read today in my school paper that a professor is doing research on greenhouse gases produced by the interaction of seawater and organic material with the mainland. It has something to do with decomposition or evaporation or something. Anyway, it's obvious something's going on. I think the anti-global warming people should not be defensive about global warming. It's not just humans causing it. Greenhouse gases are produced by a variety of other factors.

I think there are plenty of people who are willing to cede that the earth is warming; just that it's not anything humans had anything to do with.

Trigg said:
According to the news 10 people have been killed by this storm in Haiti from mudslides. I don't know how those little islands handle all that rain, especially the little Cayman islands.
I know..they sweep them all the time, but we seldom hear a peep..
And they're always ready and open for the tourist $$$.. I guess they know how to prepare.

Mr. P said:
I know..they sweep them all the time, but we seldom hear a peep..
And they're always ready and open for the tourist $$$.. I guess they know how to prepare.

Well if this is the beginning of a 10 year cycle like some news medias have been saying....I"ll just stay put up here in the frozen north. That way all I have to worry about is the occasional tornado.

Trigg said:
Well if this is the beginning of a 10 year cycle like some news medias have been saying....I"ll just stay put up here in the frozen north. That way all I have to worry about is the occasional tornado.
Please, "news media" is a collective term. The proper term for the context you are using it in is "news organizations." Sorry, I've just had it beaten into me since I got in college.

Hagbard Celine said:
Please, "news media" is a collective term. The proper term for the context you are using it in is "news organizations." Sorry, I've just had it beaten into me since I got in college.

Have you learned tact yet?

I am now on vacation in Virginia Beach, Va., within the five-day
possible strike zone of this latest monster.

Screw it- I ain't moving- got no plans to leave until the lease is up
Mon., Oct. 31.

If my time is up the beer and vodka will keep it painless.

USViking said:
I am now on vacation in Virginia Beach, Va., within the five-day
possible strike zone of this latest monster.

Screw it- I ain't moving- got no plans to leave until the lease is up
Mon., Oct. 31.

If my time is up the beer and vodka will keep it painless.

I heard that last night it increased from a cat 1 to a cat 5! What a hurricane!

Forum List

Back