Casual Racism

th
th
th
1-million-medallions-stifling-the-dreams-of-cabdrivers.html

I've never understood the compulsion to wear wigs or hair hats.

Lenny Kravitz got rich off of it. That and leather and beads.

I know!

when I was younger I wanted dreds, but my particular European descent hair (straight, thick, medium fine) meant that my family was spared that particular embarrassment. And I never understood the hair hat thing, so I just went around with messy hair.

I did go around smelling like patchouli for a couple of years though.

I've never understood the compulsion to wear wigs or hair hats.

Lenny Kravitz got rich off of it. That and leather and beads.

I know!

when I was younger I wanted dreds, but my particular European descent hair (straight, thick, medium fine) meant that my family was spared that particular embarrassment. And I never understood the hair hat thing, so I just went around with messy hair.

I did go around smelling like patchouli for a couple of years though.
That was really popular in the 60s&70s. I didn't know what that smell was called till I went to Whole Foods and was sniffing their soaps. I prefer Dragon's Blood.

Why is it that the uninformed tend to judge a person by their appearance rather than by what and who they truly are?

Me? I've known people who looked like scruffy bikers who were actually very well read, had a decent education and never smelled like cannabis.

On the other hand, I've also known people who looked like upstanding businessmen who when they came to the bar, smoked marijuana out back more than most.

Let's see -- one is a strikingly beautiful women and one looks like an emaciated cadaver wearing makeup.

Just sounds catty to me.

Forum List

Back