Castro Throws First Punch at Obama, Demands Return of Gitmo

Will Obama Return Quantanamo To Cuba As Castro Demands?

• Total voters

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
HAVANA — Fidel Castro on Thursday threw his first punch at President Obama after several weeks of praise for the new leader, demanding the U.S. return Guantanamo Bay military base to Cuba and criticizing the U.S. defense of Israel.
Castro's latest essay, published on an official Web site, came one week after he called Obama "intelligent and noble" and said he would cut back on his writings to prevent interfering with Cuban government decisions.

The missive Thursday raised new questions about what role he maintains in policy-making, especially coming while his brother, President Raul Castro, was in Moscow on an official visit

FOXNews.com - Castro Throws First Punch at Obama, Demands Return of Gitmo - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

HAVANA — Fidel Castro on Thursday threw his first punch at President Obama after several weeks of praise for the new leader, demanding the U.S. return Guantanamo Bay military base to Cuba and criticizing the U.S. defense of Israel.
Castro's latest essay, published on an official Web site, came one week after he called Obama "intelligent and noble" and said he would cut back on his writings to prevent interfering with Cuban government decisions.

The missive Thursday raised new questions about what role he maintains in policy-making, especially coming while his brother, President Raul Castro, was in Moscow on an official visit

FOXNews.com - Castro Throws First Punch at Obama, Demands Return of Gitmo - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

That's kind of old news. Castro had that press release I believe last week. Yes I predict that Obama will turn Guantanomo over to the Cubans and begin normal relations. I'm part Cuban and I'm supportive of normal relations. After 50 years the embargo has not worked. Perhaps millions of Americans visiting Cuba will be enough to bring down the Communists.

He will return it and make it seem his idea.

and i will worship him for it...hallowed be his name...may he have many children and all his days be blessed...

It's great how the only people who have a "messiah worship" is people who keep calling Obama the messiah. (No Democrats that I've seen yet)

Though most if not all of them most likely worship at the foot of the nearest Ronald Reagan statue. :eusa_whistle:

and i will worship him for it...hallowed be his name...may he have many children and all his days be blessed...

It's great how the only people who have a "messiah worship" is people who keep calling Obama the messiah. (No Democrats that I've seen yet)

Though most if not all of them most likely worship at the foot of the nearest Ronald Reagan statue. :eusa_whistle:

How is implying the guy is a masterful politician, 'messiah worship'? :cuckoo:

I'm cannot remember exactly sure how the lease on Gitmo reads.

Ws it "for perpetuity" or for a specifeed period of time?

If our lease is up, and Cuba doesn't want it renewed, then we ought to be good tenants and leave the property.

That's what civilized nations do...they live up to their contracts.

Otherwise?

Well, why bother leaving? The rent is cheap enough.

But as to normalizing relations with Cuba?

We ought to do that, and we should have done that decades ago.

And just think when we normalize relations, then all those extra Cuban doctors that the revolution has been training for the last 50 years can work here.

I would love to visit Cuba. I'm told its a truly beautiful place.

Last edited:
How is implying the guy is a masterful politician, 'messiah worship'? :cuckoo:

oh it's not!!!

not one bit.

it's nothing at all like my undying devotion to the great one...hallowed be his name...and his puppy...and his footsteps....

No way is Obama going to give Guantanamo Bay back to the Cubans. He is far to astute of a politician to do such a thing. Just imagine the outcry in this country: Obama is giving away parts of the USA! He is a friend of Castro, he must be a Communist himself!

It would simply be too costly politically to give back Guantanamo Bay. It'll never happen.

Now, normalizing relations with Cuba, putting an embassy there, allowing free trade and tourism? Maybe. Maybe during his second term, he will be able to afford such a move. Wait and see.

I'm cannot remember exactly sure how the lease on Gitmo reads.

Ws it "for perpetuity" or for a specifeed period of time?

If our lease is up, and Cuba doesn't want it renewed, then we ought to be good tenants and leave the property.

That's what civilized nations do...they live up to their contracts.

Otherwise?

Well, why bother leaving? The rent is cheap enough.

But as to normalizing relations with Cuba?

We ought to do that, and we should have done that decades ago.

And just think when we normalize relations, then all those extra Cuban doctors that the revolution has been training for the last 50 years can work here.

I would love to visit Cuba. I'm told its a truly beautiful place.

it's a permanent lease unless both govts agree to negate it or the us abandons it. we should've normalized relations w/Cuba long ago, IMO.

to give back guantanamo would be stupid; obama's not stupid.

Screw the old windbag. Isn't he dead yet?

It will be interesting to see how Obama reacts. He can feel free to quote my previous paragraph if he wishes.:lol:

That's kind of old news. Castro had that press release I believe last week. Yes I predict that Obama will turn Guantanomo over to the Cubans and begin normal relations. I'm part Cuban and I'm supportive of normal relations. After 50 years the embargo has not worked. Perhaps millions of Americans visiting Cuba will be enough to bring down the Communists.

While I have no real problem with normalizing relations, at least to the point of lifting our embargo, I don't support Obama acquiescing to Castro's DEMAND.

I guess we're going to find out what Obama's made of sooner rather than later what with the screwballs already testing him.

Your denial does NOT negate the actions in general of the left. They DO speak louder than words, y'know ...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back