Castro Falls! Literally.

my heart breaks... now only if one of the wacko hardliner exile leaders who have ruined miami would only break a leg and they'd both end up in the same hospital and kill each other... then my heart would feel better again

Well don't let your heart feel that comfort so soon as,
Castro's brother Raul will be taking over in his abscence.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Well don't let your heart feel that comfort so soon as,
Castro's brother Raul will be taking over in his abscence.

the jury's still out on what kind of leader he would be (worse/much worse/same/better). who knows at this point though?

This is a couple of years old, but probably still holds true.

http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/cuba020419.html

After the 75-year-old President fainted during one of his endless speeches last year, he started to talk about his successor and pointed to his brother, Raul, the current Defence Minister. But because Raul Castro is well into his seventies, too, the expectation is that the governing of the state will fall into the hands of three men: Ricardo Alarcon, the head of the national congress, Foreign Affairs Minister Felipe Perez Roque, and Vice-President Carlos Lage.
Political analyst Hugo Arana says Mr Alarcon is the favourite of the United States. "Perez Roque is more orthodox than Castro and Lage is my favourite. He is more open, more liberal, more moderate. And he understands the international community better."

well the drug lords have castro and most of the other leadership in their pocket (as well as the hardliner cuban exiles out of miami) so i'm thinking deep down its gonna end up being a narco state when castro dies

NATO AIR said:
well the drug lords have castro and most of the other leadership in their pocket (as well as the hardliner cuban exiles out of miami) so i'm thinking deep down its gonna end up being a narco state when castro dies

You could be right. Like Panama a few years ago, but closer and harder to deal with.

Forum List

Back