Cast my vote again for Scott Walker!

I have mixed feelings about the Walker Recall.

On one side, Walker is a naked oppurtunist, using a budget crisis as an excuse to undercut unions. The unions were willing to make concessions, but he wanted to take away their ability to collectively bargain so they can't get those benefits back when the economy recovers. WHich is the problem with the whole economy, really. Workers take a hit when things are bad and get nothing back when things are good.

On the other side, how can we expect politicians to ever make hard decisions if they can't even count on serving out their entire term.

FDR had this right at least. No public sector Unions.

If the private sector want to deal with em then its on them.

The taxpayers should have to fund the sweetheart deals that private sector unions make with those in power. Take a look at NY, NJ and other States. The Unions make out like bandits and the taxpayers get hosed.

Hope the taxpayers in WI keep Walker as Gov.

FDR had this right at least. No public sector Unions.

If the private sector want to deal with em then its on them.

The taxpayers should have to fund the sweetheart deals that private sector unions make with those in power. Take a look at NY, NJ and other States. The Unions make out like bandits and the taxpayers get hosed.

Hope the taxpayers in WI keep Walker as Gov.

So essentially, because the Public Sector unions kept good wages and salaries while the private Sector unions got screwed, the notion is, hey, we want to screw the public sector guys, too.

Kind of when an Arsonist burns down your house, wanting him to burn down your neighbor's house, too.

For my part, I want the fireman and the cop and the paramedic and the teacher to be satisfied with their level of compensation and their jobs.

Don't you?

Last edited:
It appears to me that Walker recall is a blatent attemt by the public sector Unions and their knee-caping thugs to actually take control of the government of the state of Wisconsin. Since the big demonstrations, last year the Unions have proven only one thing, that they will do anything, legal or otherwise, to usurp the will of the people and have their puppet take over.

You guys are funny.

You support having a bunch of do nothing CEOs and Executives raking in billions and millions of profit that the working stiffs that actually DO the work are responsible for..

:lol:

Oh..and I am selling real estate in Florida..

Interested?

Haven't seen to many private sector unions get screwed. The UAW comes to mind. The only screwing there was to we the taxpayers of America.

As for the PS. They are entirely funded with taxpayer money. I have no problem with them making a good living. The problem comes when they expect and get 100% of their benis and retirement payed for by the taxpayers not to mention some of the perks.

There a Town in Cali where the taxpayers are supporting three police departments. Two of em are retired and the third is working. The taxpayers are footing the bills for all three.

Doesn't' seem quite fair if your a taxpayer.

On one side, Walker is a naked oppurtunist, using a budget crisis as an excuse to undercut unions. The unions were willing to make concessions, but he wanted to take away their ability to collectively bargain so they can't get those benefits back when the economy recovers. WHich is the problem with the whole economy, really. Workers take a hit when things are bad and get nothing back when things are good.

On the other side, how can we expect politicians to ever make hard decisions if they can't even count on serving out their entire term.

Actually, what happened was the first day in office, Walker gave big tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy THEN screamed there was a budget crisis and went after the unions.

And............just like Nixon...........if they make "hard decisions" that are against the public interest, they SHOULD be removed from office.

Besides, he's only the 3rd sitting governor ever to face a recall, so no, it's not like this happens on a regular basis. I hope that the people are successful in their getting him removed from office.

Actually, what happened was the first day in office, Walker gave big tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy THEN screamed there was a budget crisis and went after the unions.

And............just like Nixon...........if they make "hard decisions" that are against the public interest, they SHOULD be removed from office.

Besides, he's only the 3rd sitting governor ever to face a recall, so no, it's not like this happens on a regular basis. I hope that the people are successful in their getting him removed from office.

That Rachel Maddow line never gets old, does it.

Even the outgoing governor Doyle acknowledged at least a billion dollar hole in the budget which needed to be plugged.

And those so-called taxcuts for corporations were tied to the number of jobs the companies created and hadn't taken effect when people started claiming that they were how Walker had created the hole all by his lonesome.

I'm gonna be a happy man when I see Scott Walker voted out of office.

I hope Tom Barrett wins.

Well, I'd offer to bet you on the outcome, but I am not sure how that works (but if you have ideas.....let me know...).

Here is a hint things are not going well.

Chrissy won't post to these threads. If it looked bad for Walker, you can bet he'd be all over it. I can't wait to jack him up over this once it is over.

Yes but more importantly, why do you call yourself Stukaman, when that particular dive bomber wasn't widespread until WWII and that is clearly a Fokker on your avatar?
Then again, why not go with a P-51 Mustang which was clearly the superior plane?

I couldn't find the right size picture of a Stuka, and Dr-1 Triplaneman didn't have the right ring to it. P-51's rule, no doubt, but my favorite fighter is the F-4U Corsair, and again the name, Corsairman is a little unwealdy. (Thanx for giving me a chance to explain:cool:)

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow enthusiast of history, sir. I'm 3rd generation Navy. My grandfather flew the Corsair in Korea and ended up dumping one in the Pacific, during an aborted landing in rough seas. He claims it was the plane's fault but who the hell knows? My father was 6th fleet and I did Nothing Interesting or Special, if you know what that means.
I am currently volunteering with the TAP personnel, teaching our troops how to interview for civilian jobs (I'm the president of an executive recruiting firm). It's very rewarding.

---------Sir the pleasure, privilage and the honor is all mine. I served a tour with the Navy, my Dad was stationed in Japan during Korea and I had 2 Uncles in the Army and 1 in a consentration camp (Manthausen) during WWII. A tip of my dixie cup to you and your family sir, your continued service means so very much to our returning troops and their families.

Forum List

Back