Cast Iron

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
If you ain't cookin' in cast iron, you ain't cookin'

I love my cast iron pans, griddles and dutch ovens almost as much as my wife.

Even heating and the original chemical free non stick pans. There's no school like the old school.

Love the sizzle of a cast iron pan....

Use my Dutch Oven all the time when camping

Not many people know rules for the care and feeding of cast Iron cookware now though.

Yeah but it's real easy.

When new simply coat the pan with cooking oil (any kind really) and let the pan sit an a 400 degree oven for a hour or so.

After cooking a little hot water and a stiff brush will clean the pan NEVER use dish detergent.

Dry thoroughly and then pour a little oil in the pan and rub it in with a paper towel.

Easy peasy.

I LOVE my cast iron! I have a full range of Le Creuset. I prefer the enameled cast iron to the uncoated.

Its heavy!

Even heating and the original chemical free non stick pans. There's no school like the old school.
We finally agree on something!!

I love my cast iron griddle. If my house was burning down (maybe from a grease fire?) and I only had time to grab one thing on the way out, it would be my cast iron griddle made in Erie PA that I bought for $2 at a yard sale.

We finally agree on something!!

I love my cast iron griddle. If my house was burning down (maybe from a grease fire?) and I only had time to grab one thing on the way out, it would be my cast iron griddle made in Erie PA that I bought for $2 at a yard sale.

What no pics of this pan? :)

Forum List

Back