Caskets, Urns Tailored to Baseball Fans

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
casket.jpg

COLMA, Calif. (KCBS) - A Bay Area company is making it possible for Giants fans to carry their love for their team to the grave.
Caskets and urns with the Giants logo are now on sale in Colma.

"What we have here is a full-length, adult casket. It's off-white colors and it's trimmed in orange and black. It is 18-gauge steel," described Hal Wilkes, director of sales for the Christy Vault Company, which is offering the caskets, urns, and urn vaults with the Giants logo.

According to Wilkes, these are the first products of their kind, to be officially licensed by Major League Baseball. He's convinced that there will be a demand for the product. "It's a celebration of life and this is a great way to express a passion, a sports passion."

There are caskets available for 20 Major League teams, though Oakland A's-themed caskets are not on the market yet.

KCBS - Caskets, Urns Tailored to Baseball Fans

Anybody putting in their requests right now? You can go out in style. Let everyone know you're a die-hard fan.

My Uncle who recently passed away has his ashes stored in a Red Sox urn.

My cousin, who died about 3 1/2 years ago, had a Boxer (dog) engraved on the lid of his casket.

I wanna be done up Viking style. I'd go all the way and be hardcore if I had an ocean and a boat.

I want a HUGE funeral pyre with me laying on top and then have the mofo burnt to the ground.

So this option isnt available to me.

I'm gonna be the crazy old man building my own funeral pyre when I'm 70 :lol:

But my brother was telling me about a guy he saw on the net who was a big fan of Busch Light or some crappy beer and had his coffin built to look like a beer can. Thats hardcore. Wonder what he died of.....

Forum List

Back