Cashless tolls, further proof of out of control state gov't!

woolster22

Jul 8, 2014
EZ Pass Class Action Alleges N.Y. Consumers Face Unconstitutional Toll Fees | Top Class Actions

Discriminatory Driver's License Suspension Schemes | ACS

It's insane! New York and New Jersey Jersey been sending the cash drivers 1st notices with $50 per toll travelled late fees already applied. It's an issue across the country. Everywhere automatic tolls are used, it seems they can't handle the driver's who refuse/can't use ezpass. (In NY, they use the EZPass hits on the system to enforce speed limits and issue fines. What moron would want a government issued location monitor?) The issue stems from getting notification to the driver (owner of the vehicle, facial scanning isnt there yet, thank god) in a timely manner. (In my experiences, the payment options are rather ridiculously hamstrung and include further fees for cards/bank/echeck options, and didn't work with a cell phone...) They all are fans of imposing ridiculous fines for late payment, often times many pluralities over the toll amount each fee triggers. For example, a friend went through 8 NY tolls on a weekend trip, 4 on way in, 4 on way out. Total toll bill was less than $20. Current late fees applied total $800 (lives outside of NY state, moved to another state before recieving mail. Mail never forwarded, likely discarded by new tenant).

And now the fun starts. The states have decided that the only way to remedy this situation is to suspend their license, without hearing or any formal attempt at notice (certified mail, for example). This would also justify the 50$ fee for supposed cost to track down "late payment offenders," which is the current legal justification for the outeageous fees in the first place. So now you're driving down the road unknowingly unlicensed and literally committing an arrestable crime. Stemming from literal chump change turned multiple-weeks of pay for some, further excarcerbated by secretly criminalizing normal day to day actions of the supposed offender.

Seems like something constitution covered in unrestricted travel to me. How haven't the states been shut down yet? Especially in the current climate of crying racism every time theres an clear example identified where income is the driving factor? Surely Lizzie Warren would be decrying such mistreatment of citizens by overbearing, financially violent institutions?

Our government is the epitomy of what it was inspired in spite of. A few generations ago our government officials stepped up and protected "the common man" from the Robber Barons. Now? It's like they think we forgot how miserable of thing that all was since grandpa was born, and now we're supposed to be ok with the government doing all those financially burdensome things while taking it one step further and literally criminalizing ones inability to pay (and in some cases their inability to reach you).

And then we wonder why there is such an issue with police relations in this country.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EZ Pass Class Action Alleges N.Y. Consumers Face Unconstitutional Toll Fees | Top Class Actions

It's insane! New York and New Jersey Jersey been sending the cash drivers 1st notices with $50 per toll travelled late fees already applied. It's an issue across the country. Everywhere automatic tolls are used, it seems they can't handle the driver's who refuse/can't use ezpass. (In NY, they use the EZPass hits on the system to enforce speed limits and issue fines. What moron would want a government issued location monitor?) The issue stems from getting notification to the driver (owner of the vehicle, facial scanning isnt there yet, thank god) in a timely manner. (In my experiences, the payment options are rather ridiculously hamstrung and include further fees for cards/bank/echeck options, and didn't work with a cell phone...) They all are fans of imposing ridiculous fines for late payment, often times many pluralities over the toll amount each fee triggers. For example, a friend went through 8 NY tolls on a weekend trip, 4 on way in, 4 on way out. Total toll bill was less than $20. Current late fees applied total $800 (lives outside of NY state, moved to another state before recieving mail. Mail never forwarded, likely discarded by new tenant).

And now the fun starts. The states have decided that the only way to remedy this situation is to suspend their license, without hearing or any formal attempt at notice (certified mail, for example). This would also justify the 50$ fee for supposed cost to track down "late payment offenders," which is the current legal justification for the outeageous fees in the first place. So now you're driving down the road unknowingly unlicensed and literally committing an arrestable crime. Stemming from literal chump change turned multiple-weeks of pay for some, further excarcerbated by secretly criminalizing normal day to day actions of the supposed offender.

Seems like something constitution covered in unrestricted travel to me. How haven't the states been shut down yet? Especially in the current climate of crying racism every time theres an clear example identified where income is the driving factor? Surely Lizzie Warren would be decrying such mistreatment of citizens by overbearing, financially violent institutions?

Our government is the epitomy of what it was inspired in spite of. A few generations ago our government officials stepped up and protected "the common man" from the Robber Barons. Now? It's like they think we forgot how miserable of thing that all was since grandpa was born, and now we're supposed to be ok with the government doing all those financially burdensome things while taking it one step further and literally criminalizing ones inability to pay (and in some cases their inability to reach you).

And then we wonder why there is such an issue with police relations in this country.

If public money (taxes) are used to construct a Highway why should Americans who pay the taxes, be required to pay extra to drive on them. A one time ez-pass payment from Millions of Users should be sufficient. Paying toll collectors is just stupid. More people would pay the ez pass fee if there weren't toll fees too!

If I'm already paying taxes to fund the roads, why do I have to pay a toll on top of that?

Whether or not tolls are constitutional is a seperate issue. What is going on after the toll is the issue. These government bodies are out of control, and this is but one example.

In Massachusetts, Department of Children and Families operates under its own "kangaroo court," while it is over ruled by probate and criminal rulings, they are not beholden to them either. This allows them to teample due process and privacy laws while facing zero accountability for the repeated harassment of citizens by empowered social justice warrior employees disregarding direct evidence while seeking to create justice for the oppressed through their work. When asked about due process, i have witnessed a case worker dismissively quip "if you were arreated then it happened." Meanwhile, the criminal charges were thrown out well before things got to trial (video evidence disproving multiple portions of a broad claim).

Insanity.

It's all so screwed up that the 2nd amendmant seems pretty vital to fixing any of it at this point. The politicians are all om the gravy train, and they don't care who they teample on the way to their millions.

Dont believe me? Look at the opiate epidemic. The SG wanted to issue a warning on oxy in 07(? Going from memory, recently reported though). It was tabled and forgotten. The entire time this was spiraling out of control, the feds were ruining families through civil asset seizure in mj legal states. Literally taking homes and property because a padlock is open, or the fence a few inches to short (michigan was worst offenders). Meanwhile, the DEA isn't ecen looking at the legal opiod stats as pharma flooded the blackmarket with cheap, highly addictive narcotics. Anyone with half a brain that knew a drug dealer could see what was happening.

The government looked the other way claiming docs know better, it must be fine. They also enjoyed the massive tax checks the pharma industry writes, but most importantly, their wealth is dependant on lobbyist kickbacks.

So now we have an admitted epidemic. And the judges can see the writing on the wall. They see it so clearly they don't hold junkies accountable for any fucking thing they do. Junkies get hardships over the coat of their addiction and discounted child support figures. They get free daycare so they can get the pharma approved junk handed out at the clinic (methodone isnt medicine any more than I'm Oprah Winfrey). EpiPens cost close to a grand and we hand narcan out free.

Why would they do this? Because the only ones that make sense to point the finger are the massive, wildly incompetent government bodies who failed EVERYONE miserably. They won't point the finger at themselves, so the people around the junky, their family, their kids, their friends and coworkers; they all pay the price of the opiod epidemic.

Meanwhile silver spoon Sacklers get to cry victim when their oxy blood money funded fashion line is derided over the families lack of moral compass.

Insanity.

Our government thinks its ok to remove children from their parents because the parent smokes weed, but when the parent isn't legally allowed to be in the country its suddenly the most evil thing that could be done and must be avoided at all costs.

Insanity.

We have some cashless tolls in our city. They claims that toll roads helps to pay for the upkeeps of our roads. But our roads feels as if we are riding the waves. The government creates traffic jams, so that the people can scream for more roads. I seen a few time, cops slowing down traffic during rush hour. While I was merging onto another highway. I saw him in the back of me, slowing down the traffic behind me. So I was thinking that there might be something that is up ahead of me. That might be hazardous, like duckling crossing the freeway. But there was nothing going on up ahead. The road was find, and there was no road work being done. So I was thinking why would the cop slow down traffic during rush hour. I seen this happen several times, and even saw ordinary citizens doing it also. And so I think that they manufacturing these traffic jams so that they can ask the government for more money or to slap more toll roads.

California sent me a notice that I owed money for using an express lane.

I ignored it.

What are they going to do?

One of the many reasons I have my car in a trust.

Got a photo ticket from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, that claimed my mom (whose address is on the trust) was there speeding, when I was driving the car...I explained it to her and she laughed... She then sent a letter to the issuing agency that they had zero proof that she was the driver seat (all they had was a pic of the plate and the car but not the driver), and to stuff it...We heard nothing after that.

Got caught in the left lane on the Illinois toll road a couple months ago and had to blow by the cash toll plaza...Friends of mine have told me that Illinois has sent them a bill and hefty fine for the unpaid toll, yet we received no such bill.

I'm thinking life is really good when there's no real name attached to the registration/license plate of the car.

Last edited:

I ignored it.

Suspend your license. If you're in a state with reciprocity, they will then suspend it locally (often done as an administrative suspension). You likely will not be notified until you are pulled over and issued a subpoena for driving while suspended (or whatever term your state uses). Cali will hit you with late fees that dwarf the original amount owed, then seek a reinstatement fee on top of it. I know if you are a NH resident, they would then impose a fine matching the other state's fine, plus seek a reinstatement fee.

Suppose all this stems from a legitimate inability to pay. What does any of the current processes accomplish other than to bury a person in dept and legal bullshit that can take around 18 months to play out?

Insanity.

I ignored it.

Suspend your license. If you're in a state with reciprocity, they will then suspend it locally (often done as an administrative suspension). You likely will not be notified until you are pulled over and issued a subpoena for driving while suspended (or whatever term your state uses). Cali will hit you with late fees that dwarf the original amount owed, then seek a reinstatement fee on top of it. I know if you are a NH resident, they would then impose a fine matching the other state's fine, plus seek a reinstatement fee.

Suppose all this stems from a legitimate inability to pay. What does any of the current processes accomplish other than to bury a person in dept and legal bullshit that can take around 18 months to play out?

Insanity.

Don't I have a right to cross-examine the witnesses against me?

Don't I have the right to due process?

I ignored it.

Insanity.

Traffic infractions are civil, not criminal....They can fuck you over all they want.

We have some cashless tolls in our city. They claims that toll roads helps to pay for the upkeeps of our roads. But our roads feels as if we are riding the waves. The government creates traffic jams, so that the people can scream for more roads. I seen a few time, cops slowing down traffic during rush hour. While I was merging onto another highway. I saw him in the back of me, slowing down the traffic behind me. So I was thinking that there might be something that is up ahead of me. That might be hazardous, like duckling crossing the freeway. But there was nothing going on up ahead. The road was find, and there was no road work being done. So I was thinking why would the cop slow down traffic during rush hour. I seen this happen several times, and even saw ordinary citizens doing it also. And so I think that they manufacturing these traffic jams so that they can ask the government for more money or to slap more toll roads.

Don’t forget that the tolls are usually outsourced to a private company that gets a hefty cut of the “fines”, making it profitable for a private company to issue citations as if they were the police. It’s all unconstitutional.

I ignored it.

Insanity.

That's my whole issue with all of this. It's nationwide.

Forum List

Back