Cash for Clunkers

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
WASHINGTON (CNNMoney.com) -- The House on Tuesday waded deeper into the rescue of the troubled auto industry when it passed a $4 billion plan to subsidize new cars sales for consumers who scrap old ones.

By a vote of 298-119, the House approved the "cash for clunkers" program.

The measure would give consumers vouchers worth as much as $4,500 to turn in gas guzzlers and buy new cars that are more fuel efficient.

House passes cash for clunker bill to boost new car sales - Jun. 9, 2009

Would someone please tell me what this has to do with the War supplemental? Still further, now the Govt. is in the used car business?

Keeping the old dodge. Had it since 1977 why would I give it up for payments and interest?

to save 4 miles per gallon whoooopeeee doooo doooo..

why don't the assholes just ration gas?? tell every american they get ten gallons a week,, that would save money, save gas, save the highways, and as they so disfuckinghonestly put it get us off foreign oil.. oh and I forgot,, save the planet/// :lol::cuckoo:

cash for clunkers eh? I see it now, gangs and welfare peeps are hunting either junkyards or old cars to buy cheap only to make a few bucks profit. LOL

Last edited:
cash for clunkers eh? I see it now, gangs and welfare peeps are hunting either junkyards or old cars to buy cheap.
The excuse will be junkyards already turned in the titles...lots of old clunk's still around for little of nothing. It simply is not a well thought out plan. Adding to peoples debt and national debt is not good.

cash for clunkers eh? I see it now, gangs and welfare peeps are hunting either junkyards or old cars to buy cheap.
The excuse will be junkyards already turned in the titles...lots of old clunk's still around for little of nothing. It simply is not a well thought out plan. Adding to peoples debt and national debt is not good.

can you tell us just for giggles when was the last time you knew that the congresscritters had a "well thought out plan"?

can you tell us just for giggles when was the last time you knew that the congresscritters had a "well thought out plan"?
Truthfully up until 2002 I was busy enough swimming up the river of shit to notice. From 2002 until 2006 I was being buried in shit but I started looking into this bank scam, other issues that affect us and asking questions. I recall asking a very close friend back in 1994, "Is this NAFTA thing really a good thing?" He said it was...I doubted it could be but hey what do I know...very limited education here.....I'm thinking well these guys should know what they are doing, right?

Truthfully up until 2002 I was busy enough swimming up the river of shit to notice. From 2002 until 2006 I was being buried in shit but I started looking into this bank scam, other issues that affect us and asking questions. I recall asking a very close friend back in 1994, "Is this NAFTA thing really a good thing?" He said it was...I doubted it could be but hey what do I know...very limited education here.....I'm thinking well these guys should know what they are doing, right?

one would think! but no,, not anymore! these are the last people on earth I'm ever gonna trust to look out for America.. and this includes R and D in equal amounts of contempt!

cash for clunkers eh? I see it now, gangs and welfare peeps are hunting either junkyards or old cars to buy cheap only to make a few bucks profit. LOL

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Sad thing is your absolutely right

one would think! but no,, not anymore! these are the last people on earth I'm ever gonna trust to look out for America.. and this includes R and D in equal amounts of contempt!
R and D if only they did research and then developed!!

I didn't read a single post on this thread. Not one. I read the title.

That said, I own a 2001 Honda Civic. It looks, starts and drives like the day I bought it.

There isn't ONE single American car that can do that.

I also own a 2004 Toyota Sienna Minivan. It looks, starts and drives like the day I bought it.

Screw Ford, Chevy and Crapler. They decided in the mid-seventies to fool the American people by imitating the Japanese (small cars), but had horrible quality issues, so they CEMENTED their reputations as companies that produced and sold turds.

I'm sorry. The American Car Companies were SUPERIOR for 70 YEARS, but decided to sell the American public CRAP, and thirty years later it's catching up to them.

I am 40-years-old, and for the rest of my days (be they 5 years, 10 or 30), I'm spending my money on only TWO brands: HONDA and TOYOTA.

Let's ALL face the absolute TRUTH: HONDA and TOYOTA are THE BEST automotive companies in the world.

The rest are all CRAP competing for tenth place or something.

Why do I bother typing this crap. TOYOTA and HONDA will get my business to the day I DIE.

Why do I bother typing this crap. TOYOTA and HONDA will get my business to the day I DIE.

In a small way ItsFairmont, your actually buying and American built car depending on the model when you buy a Honda or Toyota, thats the funny thing. All this talk lately about saving the American car companies, when Toyota, Honda, Kia, and others all build cars in the United States now. This plan to give cash for clunkers, is a way to prop up plans for the so called "green business" lobby in an effort to create green jobs which is actually funny in an of itself considering the fact that most of the suppliers for this technology is from foreign sources. I posted the original article to show that the WH and Congress looks hopelessly lost when it comes to getting the economy on track and are more interested in padding the wallets of the people that put them in office in hopes of staying in Congress.

NAFTA and the Banking stuff are two entirely different things. The banking thing could have been a good thing, but the politicians could not leave well enough alone at first, then were afraid to tighten up what became the end of the world's economy.

NAFTA is intended to help the North American part of the world prosper. Until Mexico gets a much better government, this won't be easy. Still, it's a good idea. It's always seemd stupid to me that being born north or south of the Rio Grande dictates whether or not your going to be able to get a good education, health care or a good job.

The banking thing was sleight of hand to make people who had not made the needed cash to buy a home feel like they had done this. Reward before sacrifice. NAFTA is a dream of something yet to come. Opposition to NAFTA is an exercise in fear and pessimism.

If each of the lower 48 had tarrifs "protecting" it from the industry of the other 47 states, we'd all still be sharecroppers. The same principle applies to the borders of Canada and Mexico.

NAFTA and the Banking stuff are two entirely different things. The banking thing could have been a good thing, but the politicians could not leave well enough alone at first, then were afraid to tighten up what became the end of the world's economy.

NAFTA is intended to help the North American part of the world prosper. Until Mexico gets a much better government, this won't be easy. Still, it's a good idea. It's always seemd stupid to me that being born north or south of the Rio Grande dictates whether or not your going to be able to get a good education, health care or a good job.

The banking thing was sleight of hand to make people who had not made the needed cash to buy a home feel like they had done this. Reward before sacrifice. NAFTA is a dream of something yet to come. Opposition to NAFTA is an exercise in fear and pessimism.

If each of the lower 48 had tarrifs "protecting" it from the industry of the other 47 states, we'd all still be sharecroppers. The same principle applies to the borders of Canada and Mexico.
The banking industry hinged on NAFTA. Either the door was open or closed. They used the it to bet either way and it was not their money that they did this with. They took the monetary funds people put away in their IRA's and used that money for their gambling kitty. All the while they paid themselves damn good.

What's going on now is they are doing their best to bury what they have done!

Transparency is the biggest political joke of our time.

Forum List

Back